Domestic Violence.

squeezewax

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I heard today that 3 women a day die in the USA because of domestic violence. In Australia it is 2 women each week. Both of these figures are surprizing to me, and i guess it's the same all around the West.
In Afghanistan 85% of women claim to of been physically assaulted by their husbands. In Saudi Arabia it is 90%. I'm not surprised at the figures in muslim countries as the koran states that husbands should discipline their wives if needed.

The question I ask is 'why' does it happen to this extent in the West?
IMO one large contributing factor would have to be alcohol. I also believe that many males simply do not value or respect females, and thats another contributor.
The fact that so many boys are growing up with this attitude about females is alarming. Where do they learn this? I used to blame the parents, in particular the father of course, but there has to be much more to it.

Apparently there are many more females being beaten and/or dying because of domestic violence in Australia these days than the numbers in the past.
Why is that? You'd think it would be going down in the 21st century, but it isn't. What i mean is, modern man, everyone aware that it's absolutely the wrong thing to do, etc. In my dad's day, 1940s onward, it wasn't an unusual thing. I personally can recall my dad slapping my mum once really hard when i was about 10yrs old. It was really awful to see it happening just a few feet away from me in the same room.
I thought all that type of behaviour was more or less a thing of the past, obviously i was ignorant about it.

A lot of it depends on how you were raised.

If you are raised in an environment where women aren't respected, treated like second glass citizens, property then yeah...one will feel little compunction in beating a woman. the stats you mention about Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia don't surprise me at all.

In the West, it also comes down to upbringing or how you were raised. If you see your father mistreating your mother, or your mother and other women in your community being disrespected, treated as nothing more than sexual commodities, you will most likely follow suit.

Western women just don't know when to shut up........j/k

Males have natural aggressive tendencies. We need to best channel this and educate but channeling to some degree helps. Women being the weaker and males valuing strength and power it only seems logical that he may use force to get her to listen/obey (baring sadist qualities).

You might also argue that some men feel a loss of power so they take it out on women to regain some degree of power.

Getting hit isn't exclusive to females and/or WAGs. Men hit all kinds of people. I've never been violent, so I can't explain it. The best-case scenario of hitting someone usually doesn't seem all that good to me, so I don't do it.

When you hear lines like "bitches ain't nothing but hoes and tricks" and similar shit while growing up... people grow up not respecting women.

Also, men can just as easily be victims of domestic violence so no matter what SJW idiots want to say it's not a one way "transaction" so to speak.

Sometimes women can be a monumental pain in the ass. Let's not overthink this.

When you hear lines like "bitches ain't nothing but hoes and tricks" and similar shit while growing up... people grow up not respecting women.

Also, men can just as easily be victims of domestic violence so no matter what SJW idiots want to say it's not a one way "transaction" so to speak.

Yea, the funny thing to me is you see these women that are pissed off about being "sexualized" and being called "bitches and tricks", but then you see them at the VMA's dressed in nothing and acting like complete sluts and they all have millions of fans that love them. It's all pretty hilarious and it's just one big merry go round of fuckery. Personally have never seen a man lay hands to a woman and my dad would never have done something like that even though he was a heavy drinking redneck who'd seem like the type of guy that would do it from the eye test. I personally, have wanted to punch a woman's teeth down her throat many times, but I would never actually do it.

We have read before that men are just as likely as women to be victims of domestic violence. Women-on-men violence in domestic settings is just a big taboo.

The death count - I'd attribute it to male "violence overkill", i.e. you'll probably get deaths when you "just" wanted to smack her real good. Conversely, women beating men will do damage and humiliation, but will in most cases not be able to "accidentally" kill the man in a fit of rage.

Because males don't know how to be real men today. They don't know how to win a woman's heart, but they know how to beat a woman.

Yea, the funny thing to me is you see these women that are pissed off about being "sexualized" and being called "bitches and tricks", but then you see them at the VMA's dressed in nothing and acting like complete sluts and they all have millions of fans that love them. It's all pretty hilarious and it's just one big merry go round of fuckery. Personally have never seen a man lay hands to a woman and my dad would never have done something like that even though he was a heavy drinking redneck who'd seem like the type of guy that would do it from the eye test. I personally, have wanted to punch a woman's teeth down her throat many times, but I would never actually do it.

When I was a bouncer we were told to never swing on someone, all we could really do was bear hug them/grapple them out the door unless they took a swing at us.

With girls, we just had to deal but there were a couple where I have to admit there was this urge to just shut them up. Guiding them out the door with a hand on her back to make sure she goes where you want "stop touching me! THIS IS SEXUAL ASSAULT!":rolleyes::rolleyes:

Usual response:
"SHUT THE FUCK UP AND OUT THE DOOR OR I CARRY YOU OUT!"

When I was a bouncer we were told to never swing on someone, all we could really do was bear hug them/grapple them out the door unless they took a swing at us.

With girls, we just had to deal but there were a couple where I have to admit there was this urge to just shut them up. Guiding them out the door with a hand on her back to make sure she goes where you want "stop touching me! THIS IS SEXUAL ASSAULT!":rolleyes::rolleyes:

Usual response:
"SHUT THE FUCK UP AND OUT THE DOOR OR I CARRY YOU OUT!"

My older bro was a bouncer at a strip club and a big explosive bitch literally beat the fuck out of him and he couldn't do anything about it. She was like 300 pounds my other brother told me and gave my bro a nice shiner and busted up nose. On the other hand though he did get to beat the shit out of a naked drunk guy with a knife once lmao

The question I ask is 'why' does it happen to this extent in the West?
The same reason it happens everywhere: Men get away with it. Westerners are not some different species, you know. If you allow them to beat women with no repercussions, they will do it, just as if there were no repercussions to beating a man.

How they get away with it, would be the more interesting question. I think the trick is conservative gender roles. You need to shame/force the woman into becoming a breeder and thus make her dependent upon the male. Make her not have an education (college is for filthy sluts!) and as little work experience as possible by marrying early. Basically have her stay home and raise kids all day. You also need to indoctrinate her into considering the traditional family sacred and inviolable (legislation helps) so that she will stay because Jesus said so or "for the good of the children". Then, even if you beat her, her options are drastically limited, thus minimizing the consequences.

We have read before that men are just as likely as women to be victims of domestic violence. Women-on-men violence in domestic settings is just a big taboo.

The death count - I'd attribute it to male "violence overkill", i.e. you'll probably get deaths when you "just" wanted to smack her real good. Conversely, women beating men will do damage and humiliation, but will in most cases not be able to "accidentally" kill the man in a fit of rage.

I'd be willing to bet though that more women murder their husbands than vice versa.

I'd be willing to bet though that more women murder their husbands than vice versa.

I doubt this. Women don't care about anything other than money enough to kill someone. They can be in a 30 year marriage, divorce, and can be in another relationship a day later. They don't give a fuck.

Guys on the other hand will blow their brains out.

I don't think that's the case. Deaths from DV are 2:1 in favor of female deaths. Clearly the risk to men is not minuscule but it still less than what woman face when it comes to the most severe cases. Women and men commit violence against one another at roughly equal rates but given that men tend to be bigger the breakdown of the deaths and serious injuries isn't surprising.

As far as to why this happens in Western countries, well its because westerners are also humans who can get caught up in the moment and assault their partners.

I doubt this. Women don't care about anything other than money enough to kill someone. They can be in a 30 year marriage, divorce, and can be in another relationship a day later. They don't give a fuck.

Guys on the other hand will blow their brains out.

Yea, you're right I looked it up.

Alcohol is a factor, obviously. People often let their base urges out when they have been drinking. This was a big point of the temperance movement, actually.

The second factor is that both women and men lack de-escalation skills these days. IMO this comes from pride and lack of humility, which is something everyone should work on.

I heard today that 3 women a day die in the USA because of domestic violence. In Australia it is 2 women each week.

The US has a population over 300 million while Australia is over 20 million. So per capital Australia is higher.

I don't know that much about the issue in Australia, just pointing out that this stat is probably a bad one to use if your claim is that deaths via domestic violence is higher in the US.

Back