Does Sport BJJ really not translate to the streets?

sharks are easy to beat, just gotta pin them, so win for judo I guess

but BJJ works vs pitbulls, can you be more streetz then pitbulls?

thread saver!!!!

LMFAO, @ teh streetz.

ps: damn this thread is stupid.

Depends upon what the streets are like where you live. If attackers tend to be one unarmed guy in your neck of the woods sport BJJ is great - competition mimics the adrenal surges and intensity of a real fight.

But where I live the average attack (according to the police) is two to five guys with knives and often firearms. In that case the best self-defense art is the 110 m hurdles (better than pure sprinting because you're used to uneven ground and jumping over things like fences, cars etc). Failing that, something where you use a weapon.

Even an untrained human with a knife or stick is a much better fighter than all but the very elite unarmed fighters. I've taken to carrying a very heavy walking stick around, looks harmless, but its five pounds of solid oak, with a metal ball at the end. I'd use it over BJJ, judo, boxing, MMA, or any other unarmed art.

And as the Dog Brothers say, never bring a knife to a stick fight :D Of course, against five guys I'd still rather be great at the 110 m hurdles, and if they have firearms its even worse (though a lot of guys who carry handguns can't hit anything more than 15 feet away, so running actually is an option).

This thread is retarded.

Anyone who says sport BJJ is useless for the street has never pulled guard and then whipped out an uzi.

Spray and pray, losers.

Back