Does Nick Quitting Tarnish The Diaz Bros Image ?

they are basically seen as badass tough guys with no quit in them; kill or be killed types who always give it 100% <{JustBleed}>

that's the image their fans have in their minds when thinking about the Diaz bros legacy in MMA.<{natewhut}><209Bitch>

does Nick quitting last night affect that perception of them at all? <{titihmm}>

Yeah I think it totally tarnishes Diaz's image.

Nick is older and washed up, so losing in itself does nothing to detract from his image.

But to quit like that with the reputation Nick cultivated over 20 years... yeah that has to detract from it.

The guy was getting hit, he realized Robbie was not wearing out or slowing down and he was going to get more of the same, so he said NO MAS.

People on this forum need to grow up lol.

He got seriously hurt in there and didnt want to take anymre damage. The guy is almost 40. Talking about image and reputation is ridiculous and immature. The guy could have had his life altered for the worse if he continued.

You people need to realize that theyre putting their health on the line for entertainment and $. No money is worth continuing that fight for Nick Diaz and your entertainment means zero at that point.

Half of the people on this forum have literally never thrown a punch and youre talking about their image lol.

Absurd.
This is fine when you’re talking about normal mma fans. The more interesting question is how Diaz fanboys perceive it.

they are basically seen as badass tough guys with no quit in them; kill or be killed types who always give it 100% <{JustBleed}>

that's the image their fans have in their minds when thinking about the Diaz bros legacy in MMA.<{natewhut}><209Bitch>

does Nick quitting last night affect that perception of them at all? <{titihmm}>
Since this’ll likely be the last time we see Nick, the performance will be ammunition for the haters to talk down his legacy. Not that I think that’s right, it took big brass balls to get off the sofa and sauce, make a commitment for a guy who’s been retired, put together a camp, then go tooth and nail with Robbie for a few rounds... Hespect, and get paid handsomely I might add.

Lets not kid ourselves. Verbally quitting is sad for ANY fighter, let alone the Diaz brothers. It's not like he tore his knee and pulled something. He was fully conscience and was like "Nah I'm good".

Quitting fighting years ago tarnished his career to a far greater degree in my opinion. All this talk of Nick at the top of the heap over the years has been irrelevant.

For sure you're right about him retiring early basically is the real problem here. I always was let down that he didn't let his career play out the way it should have after he got some decent money. Dude got totally 100% comfortable with his life not doing shit wasn't hungry at all anymore while lesser skilled and charismatic fighters probably doubled what he's worth. For real respect always to Nick however, that guy is why Nate is here because Nick in his day was an absolute motherfucker for real to the fullest. It absolutely sucked to see him go out like that and Lawler carried that guy also lol but it is true it doesn't really matter he didn't get back up after getting knocked on his ass like that his was fucking DONE lmao

Lets not kid ourselves. Verbally quitting is sad for ANY fighter, let alone the Diaz brothers. It's not like he tore his knee and pulled something. He was fully conscience and was like "Nah I'm good".
Yes, I agree. I know he took 6 years off but it wasn't like he was taking crazy damage like Ortega and almost out. He had the energy but just didn't have the desire nor fight. If it was anyone other than Nick Diaz, say if it was GSP quitting like that, the response would be far different.

In reality, Nick used to a be a dog, fight to the death and he's no longer that same fighter and that's normal for most people...just never thought it would be Nick

No, he is a legend and clean unlike some champions we get banned for stating the obvious

Not a Diaz fanboy but he’s 38 years old and let’s be honest didn’t look in the best shape turning up, personally doesn’t change my view on them

2 examples if warrior legend boxers quitting.
Erik Morales vs Manny Pacquiao 3rd fight
Alexis Arguello vs Aaron Pryor 2nd fight

People on this forum need to grow up lol.

He got seriously hurt in there and didnt want to take anymre damage. The guy is almost 40. Talking about image and reputation is ridiculous and immature. The guy could have had his life altered for the worse if he continued.

You people need to realize that theyre putting their health on the line for entertainment and $. No money is worth continuing that fight for Nick Diaz and your entertainment means zero at that point.

Half of the people on this forum have literally never thrown a punch and youre talking about their image lol.

Absurd.

I never understood the "toughness" foolishness. What is so tough about a fighter retiring early with brain damage and other serious injuries because he endured a vicious beating in a fight he was going to lose anyway. I would prefer to see more fighters and corners stopping fights where it is obvious the fighter has no chance. It is better to quit a round early and have a longer fight career than unnecessarily take a beating for a round or two.

I don't feel that way. He was out of the game for 6 years

Just nicks. That was the most pathetic submission ever

Weirdly, I think it might actually add to their image. Nick always did things his own way. This was just another bit of oddness.
If you're talking just bleed image, yes, it's a bit tarnished. But there are lots of just bleed fighters on the roster, none of whom are as interesting as Nick, at least to me. Dude's a unique character. He'll always be remembered as a tough guy, just one that knew when he'd had enough.

No he's 38 and had been partying in Vegas for 5 years.

Does Nick Quitting Tarnish The Diaz Bros Image ?

Not for me, 6yrs out the cage and being no spring chicken is a lot to ask is a lot to ask of any fighter. I got exactly what I expected.

583352-21427513.png

Back