Does Nick Quitting Tarnish The Diaz Bros Image ?

No, he basically quit vs Condit, GSP and Anderson too. It makes Diaz fans look stupid for all the times they shit on other fighters for being pussies though

I disagree.

You're talking about him being older and wanting to look after his health, not take any unnecessary damage, ect. THEN WHY TAKE THE FIGHT TO START WITH.

Fans paid to see him go to war and fight until the end like his brother does and he used to do that everyone expects

Verbally quitting (while still completely conscious) from and a minor knock down (which he's had many times in previous fights) isn't just tarnishing what got them their names and paychecks, but robbing paying fans of what they wanted to see.

"I didn't want to leak blood every where in front of you guys"

The fans are used to Diaz brothers leaking blood everywhere on the canvas. It's that mentality to never quit and paint the canvas red while doing so that got him his million dollar pay cheques, and he took this pay cheque to fight Lawler.

I'm not disappointed that he's conscious of his health now, just that he made that decision after taking a fight.

It's perfectly fine to quit taking punches and avoid unnecessary punishment, just don't take a fight in the cage where that stuff is going to happen. I have no interest in ever seeing Nick fight again and you'd be niaeve to think their brand didn't take a hit after Nick quitting like that.

I think you've made some good points. I'm not a big Diaz fan by any means so perhaps I was looking at the comeback without any expectations and although I didnt expect Nick to quit, I was expecting to see him KO'd by Lawler early in the fight.

It was clear in the pre fight media that Nick didn't really have his heart in the fight and it seemed obvious he was going to lose, even to him. He didn't take this fight with the promise of blood or never quitting, it was purely for an easy paycheck (imo).

From my perspective maybe I was already expecting a similar outcome. If he was really in it to win, and thought he could, maybe he would have tried. But what's the point, the loss was a foregone conclusion after rd 2.

But I see your point and I get where you're coming from.

Because he needs the money.

duh-magazine_673155_1.jpg
I don't know about you, but I usually have to do my job to earn money. Quitting from a little bloody nose in combat sports when you are earning in the top 95th percentile isn't doing your job.

Never thought I’d see a Diaz bro just sit down and quit like that, it was sad to see

not at all. He was old, out of shape, and the writing was on the wall. Why get beat to a bluddy pulp when it was over? Nick was clearly done, took loads of damage, and old

Sadly, it does. For the newer generation of fight fans, many never saw Nick compete. He was "Nate's older brother" and rightfully built up as a legend. With Nate taking the spotlight and bringing new fans into the Diaz cult, there were high expectations for Nick. Not only did he look bad athletically, he lacked the characteristic toughness that the Diaz brand is built upon. Hard to watch.

The fight was hard to watch for multiple reasons.

Robbie was walking into damn near every punch. Hes lucky it was Nick on the other end of them because if it was someone with any power at all, Robbie would've gotten killed.

Thay are both done.

No. Just because I already couldn't possibly think less of nick

Back