Does Nick Quitting Tarnish The Diaz Bros Image ?

Lol at all you young candyasses calling cage fighters losers, quitters, weak, soyboy or some other cliched Reddit incelspeak.

It tarnishes the UFC more than anything. They keep on putting late 30s guys who are clearly done into the cage and it's the same thing every time. Watching people who made MMA what it is and gave the UFC their success take years off their life for too small of a paycheck is just kind of sad. The UFC isn't a sports league, it's a fucking carny show. Always has been and always will be.

Hasnt won a fight in 10 years, or fought in a match in 6.

People saying he quit in there are better left ignored forever.

I never got why this forum has this entitlement that fighters owe them lol

Anyone saying no is lying to themselves. Look I am/was a big fan of the Diaz bros as well......... their entire brand is toughness - it's literall what makes them a big draw - neither has great power or technical ability or even a great record - it was all about toughness - Nick literally quit NO MAS style on his ass after his nose got busted - so many other fighters that card got lit the fuck up much worse an kept fighting.

Does anyone think Nate would ever quit due to a broke nose?

nick lost before the fight, but he got his money grab. maybe he can come back again in 5 years and fight tito.

People on this forum need to grow up lol.

He got seriously hurt in there and didnt want to take anymre damage. The guy is almost 40. Talking about image and reputation is ridiculous and immature. The guy could have had his life altered for the worse if he continued.

You people need to realize that theyre putting their health on the line for entertainment and $. No money is worth continuing that fight for Nick Diaz and your entertainment means zero at that point.

Half of the people on this forum have literally never thrown a punch and youre talking about their image lol.

Absurd.
Quiet, Mark.

It does, only because every other time the Diaz's faces have been falling half off they want to keep going. But you have to put it in perspective.

It's like what Terminator 3 did to T1 and T2. You can still enjoy the highs, but can choose to ignore everything after.

It's NOT like Game of Thrones, where I can't even watch the first seasons because all I can think of is the end.

To all the idiots devaluing Nick as a fighter/human, though, stfu. That fight was still a banger.

For those watching Nick for the first time live was last night? Probably. Old fans know who Nick Diaz is/was. Nothing can be changed.

they are basically seen as badass tough guys with no quit in them; kill or be killed types who always give it 100% <{JustBleed}>

that's the image their fans have in their minds when thinking about the Diaz bros legacy in MMA.<{natewhut}><209Bitch>

does Nick quitting last night affect that perception of them at all? <{titihmm}>

Dawg isnt he like almost 40
And been partying every weekend for years. I give Nick a pass he’s already given so much to mma. Literally given years of his lifespan…

Na - when yer done yer done.
this.....I dont know why people make a big deal out of people tapping to strikes and the such....when someones done then theyre done...theres no arguement there

the only shame is never trying to begin with or quitting before you put in what you yourself know to be an honest effort.....thats cowardly, going in and swanging n banging until you have been punched in the face enough times that you dont want anymore...theres no shame in that...

hacking on people like Shogun for tapping out to Jones.....like hes cowardly for doing so only exposes the person doing the hacking as being what they are trying to project onto someone else....

Seems like Nick has some mental demons. He simply should not have been in there in the first place. He was not physically or mentally ready. He should never fight again and the UFC should be ashamed of themselves if they try to push him to fight again
Probably has a ton, shit his highschool gf committing suicide probably haunts him til this day.

Funny how fans turn.
I saw a man quit because his body failed him, not his mind.
The real shameful act is not him quitting. He was done on a physical level.
The real shame is coming into a fight without proper training.
Every single trainer prepares a young fighter so cardio and such are never problems.
But Diaz stepped into the octagon not giving a fuck, almost like Askren. That's whats shameful.

Thought he ran triathlons. looked kinda bloated in there.

No way he was running triathlons in past years. I am endurance athlete and see Ironman & Triathlon athletes all the time. They don't look like that. They look like beasts (which is what's needed to do a triathlon).

Nah. Great job Nick for stepping in there with a beast after a 6 year layoff.

Back