Does Marquardt have the ability to shake up Welterweight?

RyRoBBBJJMT

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Marquardt's back and he's going to shake it up, the only question is how badly?
Where do you put him in the UFC and who do you think a good return match would be?

Well he is definitely a lot more dangerous than Kampmann in my opinion so he is way up there, should make some big waves

def. a top 5 WW...hell get a title shot and hell lose to GSP

Marquardt has the ability to shake things up as much as Fitch does

Marquardt's a tough out for anyone, always has been.

I think Nate has the advantage over everyone at WW except GSP and Rory (I'd say the odds are even for that one).

Rory vs Nate for #1 contender would be epic.

def. a top 5 WW...hell get a title shot and hell lose to GSP

Top 5 easy - cannot wait to see him vs either Fitch, Rory, Hendricks, Silva, Maia (again), GSP or Condit

He's awesome. He's only been KO'ed one time and that was to Anderson back in 2007.

He's also a fighter who can go the distance to win and do so in any position.

Marquardt's back and he's going to shake it up, the only question is how badly?
Where do you put him in the UFC and who do you think a good return match would be?

Nate will win the title when he gets his shot. He is a killer, and the fact that he is confident he can beat GSP after training with him for several years speaks volumes.

I'd like to see Nate vs Hendricks for a title eliminator. Nate would win and then lose to GSP.

Nate will win the title when he gets his shot. He is a killer, and the fact that he is confident he can beat GSP after training with him for several years speaks volumes.

I agree I think that means in practice he was doing pretty well.

Broke Fitch has a legit shot at GSP.

What a stupid thing to say. Fitch got destroyed in the first fight and has been knocked out and fought to a draw since. Suddenly he can beat gsp though? Great logic

The UFC is probably going to feed him the loser of one of the fights at UFC 157, or perhaps keep him as a ready-to-go replacement for one of those fights (assuming he wins next week, of course).

Back