Does Marquardt have the ability to shake up Welterweight?

Can the smaller wrestlers at WW take him down and keep him down like Sonnen and Okami did? I think only GSP could do this, so I think he will make waves in this division, like to see Nate vs Alves, Nate vs Ellenburger!

Nate can compete with anyone at WW. End of Story. Will he win a championship, we will just have to wait and see. I pick GSP, but that is an interesting fight IMO.

Nate can compete with anyone at WW. End of Story. Will he win a championship, we will just have to wait and see. I pick GSP, but that is an interesting fight IMO.

absolutely agree. my dream fight right now though would be after a tune up fight for nate Rory vs Nate.

Outside of AS, the only fighters he's had problems with were Sonnen and Okami. Sonnen is a large MW with excellent wrestling. Nate won't have the same issues with most of the wrestlers at WW. He'll be a top 5 guy.

Guy couldn't hang in the ufc the first time. The grass always seems to be greener when they leave and beat weaker opposition in a lesser competition.

He's also a cheat.

Guy couldn't hang in the ufc the first time. The grass always seems to be greener when they leave and beat weaker opposition in a lesser competition.

He's also a cheat.

The first part of this post is a joke, right?

Nate is one of the most if not the most dynamic strikers out there, plus at 170 he will have a size advantage for sure. His ground game is very good too. He may struggle against top wrestlers but I can see him doing very well. He has nice KO power as well.

He's also a cheat.

The guy has slaughtered several former title challengers. Oh, and he himself was a former title challenger. Also the present Strikeforce champion. And while I'm not a Tyron Woodley fan, he's by no means "weak competition."

The guy has slaughtered several former title challengers. Oh, and he himself was a former title challenger. Also the present Strikeforce champion. And while I'm not a Tyron Woodley fan, he's by no means "weak competition."

Oh harro I didn't realise that losses to okami, chael, Anderson and leites meant that he could rule the division.

Oh harro I didn't realise that losses to okami, chael, Anderson and leites meant that he could rule the division.

Sorry bud, I don't waste my time arguing with troglodytes who use fightfinder to fortify their baseless arguments.

Marquardt is a stud, looks like he made the weight cut to 170 no issue and let's not forget he was a top 5 MW before he dropped down to WW, I am sure he will do quite well.

He will be top 10 , I think he should get a tune up right before GSP.

I just want more Tekken finishes, like the Gouveia fight

Sorry bud, I don't waste my time arguing with troglodytes who use fightfinder to fortify their baseless arguments.

Hilarious that when someone calls you on your nonsense, you resort to personal attacks. Which illustrates that you don't know what you're talking about.

When Andy joined ufc I knew he will kill Leben and Rich when the matches were announced. I also thought Nate would beat Andy and win the title. I was wrong that time.

Another scary addition to WW.

Seriously, the whole top 10 are nasty match ups for each other.

Marquardt is going to do well. I believe he's top five material...

I think he'll be a force to be reckoned with at welterweight, I think he's the man to take down GSP.

Back