Does it feel like Conor vs. Siver all over again?

Whatever point you were trying to make, you failed.

I'm having a hard time getting excited for this fight. People really need to reach and dig to find reasons to make them logically think that a 10 days notice Diaz is going to threaten Conor. It feels like another wasted fight for Conor, just like the Siver fight; A stylistic gift wrapped fight for Conor.

Are you guys underwhelmed?

Capeture.png

night, bitch.

I'm having a hard time getting excited for this fight. People really need to reach and dig to find reasons to make them logically think that a 10 days notice Diaz is going to threaten Conor. It feels like another wasted fight for Conor, just like the Siver fight; A stylistic gift wrapped fight for Conor.

Are you guys underwhelmed?

NO. THIS IS FUCKING GREAT.

The house always wins (unless you are a sleeper like holly that was able to kick the house's face in). Right now Conor is the house. He gets all the favors and all the money. This fight is tailor made for him to win.

By contrast RDA was a threat to the house, and he was mysteriously made to disappear...

Why exactly shouldn't Conor be allowed to pick what he perceives as the easiest opponent? In case you haven't noticed, he's not the one that pulls out the fights and saves cards even while injured himself.

All this shit about him ducking Frankie in favour of Mendes and ducking Khabib in favour of Diaz is nonsense. He continually goes after the toughest guys in the business and the two toughest have pulled out on him. Although one of them showed up for all of 13 seconds to be demolished and cash a cheque.

Nate has fought 4 times at WW in the UFC, he has to cut a lot to make LW.

The fight is at WW, so it's a WW fight, Simple.

Go troll someone else. Neither fighter is a welter.

I give Cerone the edge only because he's shown offensive wrestling, and because he's coming off of a training camp.

Cerrone wouldn't even be willing to engage McGregor - as evidenced by his entire portfolio against top guys. Nate will at least come to fight.

Cerrone is probably the worst stylistic matchup for Conor of the available options(Nate, Cerrone, Pettis, Khabib, BJ) outside of Khabib.

He's a good striker who's taller than Conor, has great kicks, and a great chin. While Cowboy is a slow starter, once he got going it could look alot like Cerrone/Alvarez did.

All that means to me is that you have no idea what you are watching. Cerrone is one of Conor's easiest potential matchups for nearly every single reason involved in fighting.

All that means to me is that you have no idea what you are watching. Cerrone is one of Conor's easiest potential matchups for nearly every single reason involved in fighting.

As per usual you offer no facts. Just a deflection and some not so subtle "I know something you don't" behind it.

Nothing to see here.

As per usual you offer no facts. Just a deflection and some not so subtle "I know something you don't" behind it.

Nothing to see here.

The topic has been beaten to death in previous threads, did not want to waste space.

Since you seem interested........ Cerrone is an easy matchup for Conor for several reasons: 1) He stands tall and fails to use his range well; 2) He almost completely lacks head movement; 3) He buckles under the spotlight every. single. time; 4) His footwork is almost non-existent when people move forward against him; 5) He does not have the hands to exchange with Conor in the pocket.

There are certainly reasons to think this fight is a mismatch. Probably why Conor ended up agreeing to 170 instead of 155.

But, it will least tell us some things. I want to know if Conor has the same power when hitting bigger guys. We will be able to see how Conor deals with reach and pressure. And Nate might make in interesting.

It's the best we were going to do on a replacement. They were never going to give it to Khabib and at least Faber didn't get it. And I didn't want Cowboy because a well-placed body shot may end it. I think Nate being a 3 to 1 dog is about right. It's a long shot but not completely out of the question.

Last edited:
The topic has been beaten to death in previous threads, did not want to waste space.

Since you seem interested........ Cerrone is an easy matchup for Conor for several reasons: 1) He stands tall and fails to use his range well; 2) He almost completely lacks head movement; 3) He buckles under the spotlight every. single. time; 4) His footwork is almost non-existent when people move forward against him; 5) He does not have the hands to exchange with Conor in the pocket.

See? Now was it so hard to present a few points?

Cerrone does stand tall, but I've seen almost no evidence of him failing to use his range except against Diaz, who has just as much range, and is a nightmare matchup. Can you be more specific?

Cerrone relies more on blocking and getting his arms in the way to take angles of the punches incoming than head movement, that's true. But while it may be a bad habit, it's worked out in his favor due to the fact that his chin is solid.

Do you have examples of his buckling under the spotlight? He's headlined several cards. Won several of those. Unless you're talking about getting his body demolished by RDA(no shame there), or getting submitted early against Bendo back in the WEC(also no shame. It was early, they hadn't built up a sweat yet, and Bendo is a strong grappler).

It's not as simple as just moving forward against him. Jim Miller came forward, and ate about 15 knees to the gut and chest for his troubles. Just another fight Cerrone used some of his reach.

Cerrone is more than just hands. He's beaten boxers better than himself on multiple occasions because his striking is more versatile, and his pressure, once he gets going, is about as hard to deal with as anyone at 155.

The only thing that really goes against Cerrone is the fact that he's a slow starter, while McGregor clearly does his best work in the first round and a half or so.

Back