Does it feel like Conor vs. Siver all over again?

I'm having a hard time getting excited for this fight. People really need to reach and dig to find reasons to make them logically think that a 10 days notice Diaz is going to threaten Conor. It feels like another wasted fight for Conor, just like the Siver fight; A stylistic gift wrapped fight for Conor.

Are you guys underwhelmed?

Sadly, I am a bit underwhelmed. I would be more excited if Nate was fighting off a full camp. Also, not sure how much Nate cares beyond the big paycheck.

I am not counting Nate out, just .. hesitant to take this as seriously as the RDA match up.

To me, Cerrone is far and away the easier fight relative to Nate. Cerrone folds under the spotlight alone. (Not to mention his style is tailor made for Conor to exploit.)

I give Cerone the edge only because he's shown offensive wrestling, and because he's coming off of a training camp.

Dennis Siver is 5'5...

Please tell me where I made it seem like I was comparing their heights lol. I'm comparing the fact that it's another gimme type fight that doesn't pose much threat to Conor. It's very underwhelming.

considering Conor is likely to lose, no, it's nothing like the Siver fight

Please tell me where I made it seem like I was comparing their heights lol. I'm comparing the fact that it's another gimme type fight that doesn't pose much threat to Conor. It's very underwhelming.

This is a featherweight vs a welterweight Nate should outbox him all day even if Conor lands some fuckin hadouken punch

I'm with you TS. I was pumped as hell for the RDA fight. Now we have a 10 day notice Nate Diaz? Meh...not sure I'll even bother to watch it live now, just like with the Siver fight.

It's practically a sideshow exhibition fight until RDA heals.

I feel like it's going to go down like RDA vs Cowboy. Conor will rush Nate, Nate will get hit, fall and eat a few unanswered shots, ref stops the fight. Everybody gets paid and that's that. I hope I'm wrong!

Diaz fights are rarely boring, but that's about the only reason to get excited about this.

Height/reach wise, it's the opposite from Siver. Plus, gonna be even harder to justify a title shot off of this fight.

Diaz has height, weight an reach advantage. His ground game is more proven. His boxing is decent (but obviously not on Conor's level). He lives in Stockton and will not be gotten to by Conor.

Yet, Conor's haters still find reasons why his win would not be legit.

Well at least fighting a lightweight gives his title shot vs. RDA more background, he won't be a guy just jumping up in weight and getting a title shot. He will be a guy who beat a top contender and then got a title shot. I just wonder when the interim match at 145 will take place while everyone waits on RDA...because I doubt he is cutting back down for an Edgar match in the meantime. It's easier on the body to maintain weight than yo-yo.

Basically if he looks good here, odds are he becomes a huge favorite betting-wise for the lightweight title.

I'm having a hard time getting excited for this fight. People really need to reach and dig to find reasons to make them logically think that a 10 days notice Diaz is going to threaten Conor. It feels like another wasted fight for Conor, just like the Siver fight; A stylistic gift wrapped fight for Conor.

Are you guys underwhelmed?

Only, Diaz isnt 5'7 with a 70 inch reach, who cant box and is past his prime.

But ya, exactly like that!

At least it's not for interim belt. Hope Diaz can pull it off, but it's more likely that McGregor takes it.

Diaz fights are rarely boring, but that's about the only reason to get excited about this.

Height/reach wise, it's the opposite from Siver. Plus, gonna be even harder to justify a title shot off of this fight.

I think people aren't understanding my comparison; I'm not comparing Diaz to Siver, I'm comparing the situations surrounding their fight—Conor picking stylistically easier fights for himself. The Siver fight felt pointless and so does this one.

I think Conor wins by tko however it will last longer than the Aldo fight.

To me, Cerrone is far and away the easier fight relative to Nate. Cerrone folds under the spotlight alone. (Not to mention his style is tailor made for Conor to exploit.)

Cerrone is probably the worst stylistic matchup for Conor of the available options(Nate, Cerrone, Pettis, Khabib, BJ) outside of Khabib.

He's a good striker who's taller than Conor, has great kicks, and a great chin. While Cowboy is a slow starter, once he got going it could look alot like Cerrone/Alvarez did.

Reading comprehension is bad. Where did I compare their heights?

You see, when you referred to it as a stylistic gift wrapped fight for conor, thats when you kinda shot yourself in the foot.

Nick has a height, reach, weight advantage and can box well. Not exactly what id call a stylistic gift wrapped opponent.

You see, when you referred to it as a stylistic gift wrapped fight for conor, thats when you kinda shot yourself in the foot.

Nick has a height, reach, weight advantage and can box well. Not exactly what id call a stylistic gift wrapped opponent.

Nate has a 1-2 and a hook; he's lost more than he's won lately, and he's coming on in on 10 days notice, which pretty makes all your precarious assertions about him even more questionable.

well some people disagree. before the fight was announced it was like (actual quotes):

"Diaz would have clowned McGregor sooo hard. The UFC is so lucky that fight didn't happen (I doubt they even seriously considered making it). Diaz talks shit to Conor the whole pre-fight, then fights him with his hands down talking more shit, then beats his ass, then flips him off while Conor cries away his dreams of ever being a champion."

"Nate would whoop McGregor really, really bad. Conor wouldn't have a size/reach/power advantage for once. He'd be facing a full mix martial artist with great striking, jits, transitions. And he'd have no luck trying to get into his head and it'd probably backfire on him hard."

"IMO, Nate would beat the piss out of Conor, and make Conor look like a litttle sissy boy while doing it."

"Dana doesn't want this to happen even because of the huge PPV because Conor would drown against Diaz and would mess up the long term investment. "

"Nate is big for 155 he has been having trouble making the weight, he is just too tall and lengthy for Conor"

"I think that fight would look like a 6th grader beating up a 3rd grader on the playground."

"nate would mop the floor with connor, strike with him, take him down and sub him easily"

"Diaz does great against Conor's style... look at Cerrone. "

"the only two people conor mcgregor should be allowed to fight in the ufc are nick and nate diaz, in endless succession. just so he can finally come to grips with how god awful annoying his mouth is."

"Nate would make him cry like a little girl."

"Conor wouldn't want any. He knows better"

"Exactly, Conor is a size queen and would get wrecked by a much bigger fighter. His advantage lies in his size advantage...fucking pussy"

"nate would box that fool up"

"Nate would embarrass Conor."

"Nate would kill conor"

And when the fight was announced:

"stylistically, the easiest match-up Conor could have chosen from top available fighters"
"Of course its a gimme fight"
"the Dana love for Conor is real."
"Its a gimme fight against the least dangerous guy they could find. BUT that's Danas doing more than Conor. Dana protects and grants favours to his golden boy more than anyone."
etc...

ha

Last edited:
Back