Does it feel like Conor vs. Siver all over again?

What's the alternative?

Anyone he's going to fight is going to be at short-notice. Might as well make it a fun fight that people will watch, that isn't going to ruin a contender. If McGregor fought Khabib or Alvarez and won, we'd have a year of 'Full-camp Khabib/Alvarez wrecks Conor!'.

Nate has a 1-2 and a hook; he's lost more than he's won lately, and he's coming on in on 10 days notice, which pretty makes all your precarious assertions about him even more questionable.

the great thing is about all these assumptions and what not is we only have another week to wait and see what happens.

I'm having a hard time getting excited for this fight. People really need to reach and dig to find reasons to make them logically think that a 10 days notice Diaz is going to threaten Conor. It feels like another wasted fight for Conor, just like the Siver fight; A stylistic gift wrapped fight for Conor.

Are you guys underwhelmed?
How many times are you going to wrongly predict the outcome of a fight before you realize you have no idea wtf is going to happen?

so this isn't another perfect stylistic matchup for Conor?
Conor wanted RDA, who he fights after RDA pulls out doesn't matter. It's not like he was targeting a short notice fight with Nate since December.

Conor will just kick nicks body a lot. Mark my words; his kicks will be a big part of the game plan.

Yep, first thing I think of when I think of attacks Conor can use against Nate.

No, it's a far more dangerous fight than Siver, although i'd still fancy Conor to beat Diaz 19/20 times.

Diaz will go for it at least, many have seemed gunshy against Conor, like Conor said, Diaz has the will, but the will don't match the skill.

Conor wanted RDA, who he fights after RDA pulls out doesn't matter. It's not like he was targeting a short notice fight with Nate since December.
True, it's ludicrous the standards Conor is held to, he could have done what most would in this situation and not fight, or he could have choose someone like Faber, instead he choose the bigger guy that the fans wanted him to fight and even let the guy fight at 170.

Most fighters would be getting so much credit for this move, he has saved the card from becoming a major anticlimax.

He isn't Welter, not even close. Conor was training to fight RDA at 155. The jump from Lightweight to Welter is a huge 15 pounds of muscle. McGregor is 5'9", these 2 guys are 5'9" Welters.

20140521121335_IMG_2925.JPG

20140729072307_1MG_1555.JPG

That doesn't take into account the larger Welters than these two, like 6'0" Wonderboy, 6'1" Carlos Condit, Rory Mac, and even Lawler would dwarf McGregor. That is the whole joke of calling this a Welter fight, it isn't. Both Nate and McGregor are 155'ers.
Nate has fought 4 times at WW in the UFC, he has to cut a lot to make LW.

The fight is at WW, so it's a WW fight, Simple.

True, it's ludicrous the standards Conor is held to, he could have done what most would in this situation and not fight, or he could have choose someone like Faber, instead he choose the bigger guy that the fans wanted him to fight and even let the guy fight at 170.

Most fighters would be getting so much credit for this move, he has saved the card from becoming a major anticlimax.
Hate makes people stupid. I actually find it hard to be a fan of Conor's because of what he says, but I give the man his due.

I think people aren't understanding my comparison; I'm not comparing Diaz to Siver, I'm comparing the situations surrounding their fight—Conor picking stylistically easier fights for himself. The Siver fight felt pointless and so does this one.
Conor was told he had the title shot after beating Poirer, but Aldo fought Mendes and would not be looking for a fight for at least 6 months, Conor decided not to sit on the shelf, he asked for a fight and most of the top guys had fights booked so it went to Siver.

I understand where you're coming from, but I love watching Conor fight so his fights will never seem pointless to me, I watch MMA to be entertained, Conor always entertains.

How many times are you going to wrongly predict the outcome of a fight before you realize you have no idea wtf is going to happen?

Are you referring to a specific instance, or are you talking out of your loose asshole?

Do you feel better now?
If people acknowledged how bad they really are at predicting fights, then we wouldn't get ridiculous threads like this claim Diaz is a "gift wrapped" win.

If people acknowledged how bad they really are at predicting fights, then we wouldn't get ridiculous threads like this claim Diaz is a "gift wrapped" win.

I predict fights incorrectly and I also predict fights correctly. If seeing peoples fight predictions bothers you, then you shouldn't be on MMA forums.

If seeing peoples fight predictions bothers you, then you shouldn't be on MMA forums.
If dealing with people's reaction to your fight prediction bothers you...

Stop your whining.

Back