Does Hollywood have an Obsession with Fat Chicks?

To be fair, their determination of obese and and overweight is based off of BMI, which can be grossly inaccurate. According to BMI, Mike Tyson in his prime was "obese". According to BMI, for my height and weight, I'm "overweight" even though I'm only 15 percent body fat.
BMI is meant to assess broader populations and isn't accurate for individual bodies. 95% of 300 pounders you meet will be obese, not muscular. No doctor is going to examine Tyson and conclude he is obese.

Youtube recently forced me to watch a trailer for The Hustle while my video was loading.
Two days ago HBO forced me to watch a trailer for Life of the Party.
It might be a coincidence how I saw two trailers with two fat chicks starring in two different comedy movies.
It seems like both Rebel Wilson and Melissa Mccarthy are interchangeable fat actresses.
If Hollywood can't get one of them, they'll try for the other.

And let's be real Sherdog........... They might be great actresses, but they certainly don't write their own material for these movies.
This seems to be the current Hollywood trend:
Get fat actresses to say funny shit so that fat women can relate to them

Rebel Wilson
The Hustle
The-Hustle-Trailer-1-2019-_-Movieclips-Trailers-0-44-screenshot-770x470.png

Melissa Mccarthy
Life of the Party
Life-of-the-Party-trailer-2-screenshot-600x332.png
TS's point: why should fat people be able to enjoy life. I don't.

TS's secret: he's fat as fuck.

Some fat females can look ok when they are fully clothed, it's when they get their gear off and release the fat that i don't like.

I wonder how many people in here defending this trend are actually just fat themselves...

Whats coming up most often though is that this isn't a case of some "pro fat" bias in Hollywood, its actually exactly the opposite as fat women equally tend to end up in the "goofy pratfall" role in these kind of films.

Again I tend to think mainstream female comedy formula that has developed in recent years is actually quite limited because it tends to stick so rigidly to this. If your making a "comedy of embarrassment" it works much better if your aiming the embarrassment at characters with dignity, I mean you look at The Hangover for example and whilst Galifianakis is playing a goofy character its actually Ed Helms character who takes most of the embarrassment for that reason.

Having Rebel Wilson as the target for most of the humour in something like Rough Night really limits it IMHO, a goofy character going something goofy isn't that embarrassing. I mean you look at bit further back to something like The Nanny Dairies that wasn't following that formula and Johanson taking the embarrassment worked much better as she had a bit of dignity.

Nah like half of American women are obese or fat as fuck.

Yet Hollywood has like 10% if that of the main actresses being fat/obese.

It’s not like they’re constantly pushing fat actresses or even coming close to representing the actual US demographic.

Hollywood has an obsession with making money, and plenty of fat people go to the movies. They put fatties in movies for the same reason they made Wonder Woman and Black Panther; Hollywood doesn't give a fuck about Sexism and Racism, but they know they can make bank by focusing on certain demographics.
How soon can we have a rom-com between a bearded guy and his 11 yr old girl of his dreams if we based everything on demographics?

Melissa McCarthy is pretty funny and talented. Rebel Wilson is an annoying troll. I know it takes all sorts to 'like' comedy, but she's just inane....

I wonder how many people in here defending this trend are actually just fat themselves...

It's sherdog. Average sherdude on here has 5% body fat, bench the 265lb...

Not one Trump firing off on Rosie reference from 2006?

Most brutal roasting of the 2000s. "I'd like to make some money out of her fat ass pockets"

I thought to myself: "Man there goes his hopes of ever running for public office"

The US is like 70% fat at this point. Why wouldn't there be fat characters.

Im surprised you have not more fat people in hollywood.

I mean.. you muricans are a bunch of fatsos:
chartoftheday_11497_america_is_fatter_than_ever_n.jpg

I would love a go on Rebel Wilson. I am willing to overlook the Aussie accent for a chance to wobble that comfy sofa.

Not one Trump firing off on Rosie reference from 2006?

Most brutal roasting of the 2000s. "I'd like to make some money out of her fat ass pockets"

I thought to myself: "Man there goes his hopes of ever running for public office"

This inspired me to look up the footage on youtube. LMAO. Savage.

In case anyone was wondering:

I like some of Melissa McCarthy's work. The Heat with her and Sandra Bullock was surprisingly funny.