Does Hollywood have an Obsession with Fat Chicks?

Fat chicks will always have a place in Hollywood as they are realistic. But you will never see them as anything but comic relief, just like in real life. No one wants to see Daniel Craig banging Rebel Wilson.

Two people =/= obsession.

Honestly I think its a clear weakness in a lot of female comedies that they stick so closely to the "goofy fat person" cliché. as a wise man said its only funny if the sap has dignity. Something like Rough Night would have been a lot better having someone like Johansson take more of the pratfalls.

I wonder how many people in here defending this trend are actually just fat themselves...

the men aint doing much better.
Height%3A+5%E2%80%999+Weight%3A+196+Waist%3A+40+Male+37.9%25+Obese+70.7%25+Overweight.jpg
To be fair, their determination of obese and and overweight is based off of BMI, which can be grossly inaccurate. According to BMI, Mike Tyson in his prime was "obese". According to BMI, for my height and weight, I'm "overweight" even though I'm only 15 percent body fat.

I'm not a fan of fat people or obesity in general, but i can't see why fat people shouldn't be allowed to work as actors or go to the movies and have a bit of fun.

Even if the 'fat funny chick' is becoming a stereotype of their own it's probably for the better that there is at least some variety to the way women are being portrayed in mainstream pop culture...?

Just imagine...Maybe one day it becomes acceptable for women to display more than two characteristics at the same time! (not holding my breath, though)

You know that fat people are still people, right?

It seems to be the one class of people you can still abuse and demean with impunity, and folks being the cruel fuckers they are take advantage of that avenue as often as possible. Everyone wants to feel superior to someone, so it might as well be fat people.

I can't imagine why you thought to entertain the notion that fat people shouldn't be ALLOWED to work as actors. Were you hoping that might be an option?

I always find it pathetic when white dudes pull this round about entitled victim complex being angry at the success of others they consider inferior because the supposed less thans put in work to develop other aspects of themselves through effort and because of that are more successful in some area than they are.

You know that fat people are still people, right?

It seems to be the one class of people you can still abuse and demean with impunity, and folks being the cruel fuckers they are take advantage of that avenue as often as possible. Everyone wants to feel superior to someone, so it might as well be fat people.

I can't imagine why you thought to entertain the notion that fat people shouldn't be ALLOWED to work as actors. Were you hoping that might be an option?
I think you misread my post entirely.

Rebel has conventionally pretty facial features and a personality that will win you over.

I think you misread my post entirely.

What did I get wrong?

You said you didn't like fat people but you couldn't see why they should be denied work as actors, as if that was an option.

What did I get wrong?

You said you didn't like fat people but you couldn't see why they should be denied work as actors, as if that was an option.
It obviously is an option as fat chicks havn't been as prominent in film using the fat shtick which had been reserved for dudes unless you also are a magical negro that doesn't take shit.

What did I get wrong?

I said i'm not a fan of obesity which is not the same as saying i don't like fat people.

English is not my first language but i think my sentiment is quite clear, so I don't know why you insist on misreading my post which, in it's entirety, is clearly against one-dimensional portrayals of women and lame stereotypes, including 'fat funny chicks'.

I'm sorry if this is a sensitive issue for you and i hit a nerve, somehow. I don't know what else to say to you.

I said i'm not a fan of obesity which is not the same as saying i don't like fat people.

English is not my first language but i think my sentiment is quite clear, so I don't know why you insist on misreading my post which, in it's entirety, is clearly against one-dimensional portrayals of women and lame stereotypes, including 'fat funny chicks'.

I'm sorry if this is a sensitive issue for you and i hit a nerve, somehow. I don't know what else to say to you.

Apologies if I misunderstood you but you did say "I'm not a fan of fat people" which is literally the same as saying you don't like fat people.

I'm not a fan of fat people

In any case I'm not really invested in this I was just making an observation.

Also your English is better than any other language I speak, far better.

Apologies if I misunderstood you but you did say "I'm not a fan of fat people" which is literally the same as saying you don't like fat people.

In any case I'm not really invested in this I was just making an observation.

Also your English is better than any other language I speak, far better.
Ok, peace out, Charm City :)