Social Does anyone not use social media? (Exclude Sherdog)

Does anyone not use social media?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use Facebook, WhatsApp and YouTube and that's about it.

Anyone here not using it at all?

Social Media Platforms.png

Last edited:
I use YouTube.

I have FB but don't post on it except for swapping annual leave at work or for messenger.

I have WhatsApp but that's just for messages.

I might open tik tok or similar if someone sent me a supposed funny on WhatsApp but I don't have it on my phone or use it

FB, IG and Whatsapp often. I seldom post on FB/IG though. I have a lot of family/friend groups on Whatsapp that we chat pretty much daily. Reddit once in a while. Back in the days I was on Flickr when I was heavily into photography and Myspace was awesome back in my college days. Don't forget AOL chatrooms and AIM from the late 90s/early 00s.

So I guess you keep in touch with family and friends by text messaging or calling them.

I actually have WhatsApp, but thats for video calling my family that lives in Nepal, and the UK.

I literally have only one friend in the states with it, and he lives in California.

Everyone else I call and text message.

I actually have WhatsApp, but thats for video calling my family that lives in Nepal, and the UK.

I literally have only one friend in the states with it, and he lives in California.

Everyone else I call and text message.

I see, that's all good. But I must say I know you love Sherdog. : - )

I do too, it's the best place to exchange ideas and have some intriguing discussions about virtually any topic.

I see, that's all good. But I must say I know you love Sherdog. : - )

I do too, it's the best place to exchange ideas and have some intriguing discussions about virtually any topic.

Sherdog has its issues sir.
I like the people more than the site tbf.

[minor rant below]

Whatsapp is by FAR my most frequently used commuinication app because where i live EVERYONE uses Whatsapp, all the time. Yes I use Youtube a lot, 95% of it simply watching videos or channels that hold interest for me. I do not consider youtube social media at all. (not the way i use it).
I really don't use much other, I cannot stand social media generally. It sucks TIME and distracts people from Living!

I use Twitter occasionally but mainly just to read a few other people's post and I only use FB to read a few other peoples stuff on a need-to-see basis. I never post anything on FB. I just read occasionally info I need to read.

People's desire / obsession to share their entire tedious lives on FB / Insta / Twitter I find utterly bizarre and essentially a cry for attention and affirmation and a desire for "how many likes can I get today? I need affirmation and I need to feel important and wanted!".
- t's a bit pathetic in my view and I believe social media in general and cellphones specifically have taken the world in a bad direction and it is has led to a dramatic fall in morals / standards and the inability of people (young people especially) to be happy on Planet Earth without their GODDAMN PHONES. (yes they are useful for certain things but it's all gone too far).

I tell you 50% of young people would have a frigging total mental breakdown if you took away all CELLPHONES / TABLETS / LAPTOPs / COMPUTERs and ALL INTERNET for 3months or more. I'd love to do that, I really would. Ban Internet and phones for certain people.

Things were better in the 1970s and 1980s and 1990s. Phones were attached to the wall by a wire, and the Internet didn't exist, and I think people were more content and just able to enjoy simple activities more and actually communicate with other people without needing something with a f'ing screen and a f'ing battery in it.

[/minor rant off]

Just my view, YMMV, blah blah.

Last edited:
Is YouTube even social media? I watch YT, but I don't post anything other than liking videos.
I use Facebook, Sherdog, YT and Untapped for my craft beer adventures.

I view and share content from instagram and youtube, I don't post, comment, or create anything for either.

I do actual networking on linkedin once in a while as needed.

That's a good question. I guess in a sense YT is social media. Even though I'm kind of surprised that it is.
On the others I'm sharing my opinion, holding conversations, and in general having some kind of personal(ish) interaction. YT is almost like Netflix, I watch something and occasionally tell you if I liked it.

On the others I'm sharing my opinion, holding conversations, and in general having some kind of personal(ish) interaction. YT is almost like Netflix, I watch something and occasionally tell you if I liked it.

That's a good comparison.

Back