Does anyone else prefer no crowds?

Yes. That crowd in Florida was 100% douche as far as I could tell. And the crowd at the presser the other day were shit too. I mean they were chanting Tony’s name. Enough said. Fuck all of those people. Screw that.. they add to the atmosphere bullshit. Anybody that says otherwise is a soap opera watching sack of poop. I love hearing the corners, and the strikes landing.

I prefer crowds. Hypes up the fight and card. If I want to watch no crowds I'll watch that on the ultimate fighter.

I prefer crowds cause I think it encourages fighters to go for broke when the crowds start cheering.

I also prefers the crowds because they are direct reasons for champions being head kick ko'd

No, the crowds give the cards extra energy and the rowdier the better. If 261 didn't have the crowd it would not be as highly regarded, not with the weird injuries that took place.

Does anyone else prefer no crowds?

giphy.gif

Yes I'm a party pooper...
MarriedShortGalapagossealion-size_restrictedca7617c18d48c161.gif

This will be going in your file.

I think without blaydes moaning and snorring in the background Lewis Ko would not have been as scary

I like the azn crowd ( Pride, Dream, K1) way more than the drunk, obnoxious jerks from the western world. But even said drunk bastards are better than nothing.

I do prefer no crowds. I don't give a fuck about some drunk retards "Wooo"-ing and cheering for the home town guys. Prefer hearing the sounds inside the octagon and the banter between fighters and/or coaches.

Reactions: lsa
When I say that I mean that we can hear the fighters punch, kicks and breathing in the cage. It makes it so more real and raw.

If they could implement some microphones around the cage or something so that we can still hear that with the crowd back that would be even better. And perhaps a ref cam like they had back in PRIDE. Ability to turn of commentary so we only hear the fighters.
I much prefer the no-crowd events. In addition to what you mentioned we can more easily hear the corners.

Yes.
I can do without a bunch of drunken idiots. Way better to hear the corners and the fighters.
Not even close.
The attitude of a "Billy no mates" basement dweller.

When I say that I mean that we can hear the fighters punch, kicks and breathing in the cage. It makes it so more real and raw.

If they could implement some microphones around the cage or something so that we can still hear that with the crowd back that would be even better. And perhaps a ref cam like they had back in PRIDE. Ability to turn of commentary so we only hear the fighters.
I agree, the option to turn off crowd noise / turn off Rogan would be awesome.

It’s a double edged sword. On one hand I like the energy the crowd brings but I also appreciate the rawness and brutality of this sport when there is no crowd. I would like the PPV events to be with crowds and majority of fight nights to remain behind-closed-doors.

I figure it will be cheaper for the UFC to do that because fight nights don’t bring in too much gate revenue and they would not need to pay a percentage to the arena their gonna be hosting events as they have the Apex

they do have a few XLR-cable shotgun mics hanging from the ceiling.
But...I agree that they should do more on the sound. Shotgun mics are very narrow pattern, so I think if they have FIVE mics hanging from ceiling pointed down and all hooked into the same audio circuit that could work well. I agree that hearing the sound of punches and kicks landing is very satisfying and I'd like the audio engineers to change the mix : take the crowd down in the live-mix and bring the cage mics UP (And have more of them).

The crowd is terrible. I sometimes just watch the fights on mute.

Back