Does anyone else prefer no crowds?

When I say that I mean that we can hear the fighters punch, kicks and breathing in the cage. It makes it so more real and raw.

If they could implement some microphones around the cage or something so that we can still hear that with the crowd back that would be even better. And perhaps a ref cam like they had back in PRIDE. Ability to turn of commentary so we only hear the fighters.
You can still hear the strikes even with a live crowd. The live crowd makes it feel more real and raw, no crowds makes it feel like a sparring session. The unpredictability of the crowd makes it more real and raw as well. You don't control their reactions to the fight, so it's real energy. Gladiators fought in front of huge crowds, fighters should do the same. Sparring sessions are done with no crowds.

Read the second paragraph

If UFC could somehow implent the microphones so that they pick up the the sound from the fighters better from the kicks/punches/breathing along with the crowd it will make it overall a much better eperience. With the crowd you barely hear the fighters
A massive crowd is what adds to the magnitude of the event. It’s a different sort of spectacle, pressure and adds a layer to competition you won’t see otherwise. A crowd less event kinda feels like 2 fighters sparring. Which isn’t bad, just not the same.

The grand stage is what makes these sports / events what they are.

I enjoy both in different ways. My compromise would be only crowds for ppv events. Will never happen though.

It would be cool if they do fight night events with no crowds and have full arenas for the big PPV. Best of both worlds. I used to really like smaller events like the fight for the troops.

Fuck no i love the crowds energy.

You'd give all that up to hear the "smack" of a kick?

Actually hearng the corners and no distraction from the fight itself, yeah, admittedly I dig it.

Last edited:
The same to me but I do like the ASMR when they are in the corners and we can hear the bags of ice/advice but like you said, more mics around the octagon could fix that with a crowd ....but crowds are full of shit sometimes, they cheer even if someone misses and they influence the judges with that.

I could be wrong, but I just don't see that last Jacksonville card being as good as it was without the fans. From the first second of the WMMA fight that kicked off the early prelims, you could tell the fighters were amped as shit by having fans there. That made better fights in my opinion.

no crowds is horrible,makes the events look like they're ran from dana whites basement

Nah. A good crowd that reacts appropriate and doesn't boo is much better. The Rose/Weili finish was everything because of the crowd.

It's amazing how well MMA works without a crowd though. It's totally enjoyable but the energy is different with a crowd.

Back