Does anyone actually think Weidman has a chance on the feet vs Vitor?

Point is, Weidman is a well rounded MMA artist and is dangerous everywhere, that's why he's champ. Yes, Vitor is a complete different striker than counter strikers Anderson and and Lyoto but, Weidman had no problems with either of the 2 best strikers in MMA today. Scary thing is, is that striking and boxing isn't Weidmans strength. His wrestling and TDD plays a huge role in his game.

Weidman can and will trade with the best of them all day, but if he gets one to the ground it's game over for Vitor.

Does anyone give the current unbeaten champ that bested anderson silva TWICE aswell as Machida a chance against Vitor?

lol

I could see Weidman dropping Vitor multiple times with body shots tbh

The forgotten art of body punching and abusing everybody wants to headhunt and go for big game, forgetting if you dent & wind that body the hands drop & the head droops and you closer to a finish.

Absolutely. Would be shocked if, but not upset, Vitor wins this.

Probably. Chris has shown excellent timing with his punches and has good movement. Against Silva he avoided damage on the feet utilizing strong defense. His fight with Machida was an interesting one. Much like with Silva, Weidman nullified most of Machida's kicks. He caught the kick multiple times and went for takedowns. Chris cut Machida off and took away his best weapon: Machida's footwork. The Dragon couldn't get into place to mount any offense. However, Machida remembered he had hands found some success with trading punches. Once Machida put together some combos he landed on the champion.

Vitor knows how to pull the trigger and has some of the best combos at MW. Very fast hands with devastating power can spell disaster for Chris if he doesn't tighten up the holes he showed against Machida. The hits he took from Machida were inconsequential but Vitor may put his lights out.

With that said, I think Weidman goes for the takedown as soon as possible.

I'd give the big edge to Weidman on the feet actually. He better everywhere though. I bet we see Weidman knock out Belfort cold with punches.

Weidman will beat Vitor everywhere
That said, if people think Vitor will come in clean they're beyond crazy

I think he takes him down and beats the shit out of him. Not because he's afraid to stand I just think that's the way this fights going to go. I think it happens pretty quickly. No one coming off of long term TRT use has looked good. Truth be told they've looked terrible

like already said he can stand with Anderson and Cheetah who amongst the best strikers in the division...Vitor has knockout power so does teh Chris

He'll use the same strategy that he did with Silva. Take it down ASAP. Belfort always seems to lose the fight when he gets put on his back in the first.

Hard to say. Vitor is insane good, but he's shown in the past he can be beat where as Weidman is on one of the best streaks in mma history right now.

If Chris can get him up against the cage, he's in his zone. Can grind and wear out Vitor and possibly thrown him to the mat for mount and GnP. However Vitor's striking will be a tough thing to surpass for sure.

no chance... hes gonna have to lnp like he did machida and anderson silva.

he has no shot at standup. its gonna be like a gsp blanketfest that we all know weidman for.

You act like Weidmans stand up isn't good. He boxing is some of the best in the game, his timing, angles and anticipation are top notch

I honestly think Vitor is a really dangerous fight for Weidman. Vitor has explosive, 1-punch knockout power, and can throw a ton of power punches in a few seconds.

Back