Does anyone actually think Weidman has a chance on the feet vs Vitor?

His standup game is tight defensively and he packs big power. He's not afraid to get hit and that makes him dangerous for anyone

Belfort will light him up standing no doubt. Weids has an iron chin and a much greater tank = likely victory.

What if the fight starts out,Weidman puts up his gloves and this happens....?
methodgetswanderlei-silva-vitor-belfort-gif.gif

...i guess i'll rub my eyes and ask the local genius scientist how he managed to get me to travel back in time to 1998...

I think u should wonder if vitor will have any chance against CW standing ! Weidman will k.o. Vitor standing if he wants to . CW has great standup with knock out power , he will clip vitor with a left hook and put him away .

I could see Weidman dropping Vitor multiple times with body shots tbh

People are making pretty poor analysis of this. Just because he can trade with two completely different strikers (and those two are completely different from each other as well) doesn't mean that Chris will necessarily do really well with Vitor. Maybe he could...who knows? It just sounds like a big assumption.

he did not "trade with them". he outmaneuvered them. he took away their a-game methodically. he didn't throw in his workday performance against theirs, he analysed their (as you said, completely different) strong suits and adapted to take them away. and both of them are tougher to compromise than vitor ever was. and that kind of makes the matter a logical conclusion rather than a big assumption.

plus the whole thing about vitor really declining after not tearing through his opponent on the first couple of bursts. after those, weidman will most probably be walking vitor down and pressuring him.

Belfort will offer him nothing. Chris is excellent at blocking head kicks (he probably got much better after the Bongfeldt fight) and Vitor's "Belfort blitz" is amateurish and not tactically nor technically sound. It's what a sloppy brawler would do to close the gap and try to land. It won't work against Weidman because Weidman will either counter him immediately en-route, get out of the way and fire off a counter or he'll change/drop levels and take him down, then proceed to pound his head in.

He's a lot bigger and stronger than Vitor, longer, has much better timing and much better footwork. His fight "IQ" is also far superior to Vitor's. This will be a beating of epic proportions and 'tor will get his life force crushed out of him.

Belfort has a chance... not a great chance, but he may surprise.

I was at the live event in Toronto when Belfort had Jones in the armbar, and live, it seemed like forever that he had that lock on. When Jones got out of it, I thought the fight was over and that he had tapped. It was crazy.

Jones is a true champion, but Belfort still has some surprises up his sleeve.

I'm not saying he will win, but he has a shot.

He just outstruck Machida. I like his chances, especially with an aging Vitor coming off TRT. And this is coming from a Vitor fan.

Of course he will. He stood with Anderson and machida.

he did well avoiding Silva's strikes and Machida had him hurt briefly. If Vitor catches him like Machida did, he'll finish.

He's already stood with Machida and Anderson, but he won't be able to stand with Vitor?

Lol.

K.

People are making pretty poor analysis of this. Just because he can trade with two completely different strikers (and those two are completely different from each other as well) doesn't mean that Chris will necessarily do really well with Vitor. Maybe he could...who knows? It just sounds like a big assumption.

Belfort is hardly a carbon copy of Anderson or Lyoto, but he bears some notable similarities. They're all heavy handed southpaws that prefer to counter strike. Vitor, doping or not, is legitimately dangerous if you overcommit and give him openings to counter, but both Silva and Machida posed very similar problems in that respect, and Weidman still went out, put intelligent pressure on them, and got the better of the striking. Unless people think Belfort is a massive class above Anderson and Lyoto as a counter puncher, I see no reason why Weidman can't be, at the absolute least, competitive with Vitor on the feet.

He beat Machida standing and destroyed Anderson, of course he does.

Belfort is hardly a carbon copy of Anderson or Lyoto, but he bears some notable similarities. They're all heavy handed southpaws that prefer to counter strike. Vitor, doping or not, is legitimately dangerous if you overcommit and give him openings to counter, but both Silva and Machida posed very similar problems in that respect, and Weidman still went out, put intelligent pressure on them, and got the better of the striking. Unless people think Belfort is a massive class above Anderson and Lyoto as a counter puncher, I see no reason why Weidman can't be, at the absolute least, competitive with Vitor on the feet.

Exactly.

Vitor without TRT ?

Weidman can stand the whole time with Vitor and win.

I think u should wonder if vitor will have any chance against CW standing ! Weidman will k.o. Vitor standing if he wants to . CW has great standup with knock out power , he will clip vitor with a left hook and put him away .

Yep.

I'm guessing 95% would think Weidman will beat Vitor standing. The remaining 5% are fooled by the aggressive flurrys that Weidman can easily turn into his favor. His countering is better than anything Vitor has ever faced.

Back