Does anyone actually think Weidman has a chance on the feet vs Vitor?

Without the juice, vitor will be an old man.

Well then I dunno...cheers
bellg.gif

Dem lips

I would say yes but he would have to be light on his feet and be careful not to move straight back when Vitor unleashes with one of his fury flurries he likes to rush at you throughout a fight.

People are making pretty poor analysis of this. Just because he can trade with two completely different strikers (and those two are completely different from each other as well) doesn't mean that Chris will necessarily do really well with Vitor. Maybe he could...who knows? It just sounds like a big assumption.

Lol. How is that a poor assesment? The question was will he stand with Vitor? Not how well would he do. So too answer too the question is since he has shown his williningness to strike with everyone hes ever faced, hes probably goin too stand with Vitor.

I would say yes but he would have to be light on his feet and be careful not to move straight back when Vitor unleashes with one of his fury flurries he likes to rush at you throughout a fight.

Weidman knows this, everyone knows this. Longo has so far planned his fights perfectly, you can bet your ass Weidman has something in store to stop it and benefit from it. He decoded the "matrix" and then devastatingly took away Andersons only weapon that had worked at all. Vitor's rushes won't benefit Vitor in this fight.

Weidman's timing and his reaction speed is extremely good, you can see this in the last 4 of his fights. That elbow on Munoz was scary good. He knew exactly what he was doing. Same with Anderson in the first one, he had it figured out how to put Anderson in that position if/when he starts the "matrixing" and once he started the matrixing, Chris took him out. That was brilliant. In the second fight, Anderson tried to use his best known weapon, his thai clinch, and Chris immediately knew what to do and flash KO'd him, the round was nasty ground and pound to the end. And then the low kick check in the second round, Anderson tries the only weapon that worked for him in the previous fight, he shows Chris with one kick that he is going to be doing this now....and the next kick shatters his shinbone.

I'd be amazed if he did not have quick answers to any of Vitor's usual shenanigans (headkicks and rushes).

Last edited:
I must be alone when saying if Weidman dares to try he will most likely get KOd

the threat of a takedown is very high with weedman, I think non TRT vitor will be gunshy. He's not exactly young anymore and really needs his TRT to be competitive.

What if the fight starts out,Weidman puts up his gloves and this happens....?
methodgetswanderlei-silva-vitor-belfort-gif.gif

I don't think Weidman will stand with Vitor. His getting close, high pressure tactics that he used against Silva and Machida will likely get him KO'd\TKO'd early. I expect this to be a battle fought on the floor if Victor doesn't end it early(ish).

I don't think Weidman will stand with Vitor. His getting close, high pressure tactics that he used against Silva and Machida will likely get him KO'd\TKO'd early. I expect this to be a battle fought on the floor if Victor doesn't end it early(ish).

I think so too

Belfort is a lot more aggressive than Silva and Machida so it should be interesting

Of course he will. He stood with Anderson and machida.

This!

Yeah Anderson could be unlucky, or not his prime but still beating beating him (even 60 %) Silva in feet in very impressive.

Styles are different but Weidman has shoved couple of times that he can beat best in feet.

Do I think the guy who beat anderson silva twice has a chance standing with vitor? No, no way. That's just ludicrous.

This thread shows the difference between those who look at the fights as technical performances and those who just like to get excited about aggression.

Back