Does anyone actually think Weidman has a chance on the feet vs Vitor?

I honestly think Vitor is a really dangerous fight for Weidman. Vitor has explosive, 1-punch knockout power, and can throw a ton of power punches in a few seconds.

This. Belfort is a different kind of striker. He also has a lot of experience and will throw it all out there in the first round if he is smart.
Weidman beats him standing visa fear of the TD, but only if Vitor fears it. If I were vitor I would pressure and fear nothing-just go balls out. In that case, 70% chance win on the ground for Weidman, 30% standing TKO win for either of them (they both hit hard).

All the above assumes Belfort comes in at least part T rex, maybe not as juiced, but lets say 1/2 Lion 1/2 old dude.

Stood with Machida. Can stand with Vitor. But why should he? His ground game is pretty darn good.

Yes, he certainly has a chance on his feet, but he shouldn't try to stand with him. He needs to take Vitor down ASAP. Chris gotten a lot more confident in striking, maybe too much, because he needs to be looking to go to the ground first, which he didn't do against Machida.

The only time Weidman has looked really vulnerable in the UFC was late in the fight with Machida after he got careless to try and finish the fight and Machida caught him. He was in real danger and said he didn't remember the last two rounds. Hopefully, he learned from that. Biggest question with Weidman is always his health. Dude is ALWAYS injured from back to Ring of Combat days.

weidman does not lnp

he beat up machida standing

he destroyed silva standing twice.

weak troll

Damn, these troll haters are out in force with the Weidman threads. Glad others see it right quick! Weidman lnp?? So stupid.

I think Weidman will close distance, take Vitor down just like he did to Anderson in I, II, and then beat him brutally on the ground. Vitor will probably get up but he'll be dazed and weakened and afraid of Chris the rest of the match. Chris by TKO in the fourth round.

Only way I see Vitor winning is if he catches Weidman with a huge head kick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back