Doctor Sleep was one of the best Horror movies ever

MescalineDreams

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sequel to the shining novel

God damn, it was so good.
Brilliantly written, highly intelligent, phenomenal acting and just straight up chilling.

Came out at the end of 2019.
People slept on this movie HARD.

easily one of the best films of the last 10 years

Last edited:
It was pretty darn good.

Beyond that, let's pump the brakes

I felt like it was a fantastic "horror" movie that wasnt actually the least bit scary. But I'll admit it's very subjective

it was extremely good and took me by surprise. its not really a "horror film, kinda horror film", its just a dang good movie. what makes it great is whoever played the character Rose The Hat just knocks it out of the park. amazing.

there are some really campy dumb aspects to it, but whatevs.

Saw this a few weeks ago. Really enjoyed it. McGregor was good and so was the young girl. Woman who played Rose the Hat did an awesome job. Thought she would show off them big sweater puppies she's got but I get it wasn't THAT type of movie

Solid sequel to The Shining. Tied everything in quite nicely while giving the new characters their time to 'shine.'

I agree whoever said it was underrated and kind of a horror film. Didn't really 'scare' me or creep me out the way The Shining did but I still dug the creepy atmosphere

It was good, but nothing special.

The movie is actually a sequel to the Stanley Kubrick film while the novel is a sequel to Stephen King book. Jack did not have an Axe in the book ect.

It was good, but nothing special.
There's a lot of little nuggets lost on people who say this I feel

It is the sequel to a Kubrick film after all, they were not fucking around when it comes to nuance, subtly, symbolism.

Last edited:
it was good and had some great scenes, but i don't think it holds a candle to The Shining and i think it was a kind of odd combination of King's vision and Kubrick's which were pretty different.

Rose the Hat's astral projection scene was fantastic, though:

Problem is The Shining is one of the Horror GOATs, really hard for a sequel. It was alright, I was entertained. Wouldn’t call it horror really.

I liked it but hard to say how much that owes to the awesome shining throwbacks and getting to revisit the outlook.

It wasn’t bad, had good moments. Could have done without the graphic child killing scene, but overall not bad.

I really liked it. I thought they did a great job of making it a true sequel to the Shining film and not just sticking to the book. That Hat lady was hot as fuck as well.

Back