• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Doctor Sleep was one of the best Horror movies ever

You didn't even watch the full movie?
Lol

Try smoking the weed first lad
I understand what you're saying and you're right, however the age has passed where I am content to drag myself through a movie to find the underlying message that it conveys.
If I am not entertained and repulsed by child abuse I think I'll pass.

I'm sure there's alot of nuggets in it, but it's just not for me.

I thought it was very good. Very Stephen King, kind of what I refer to as "Disney Horror". The scene where they killed the little girl was pretty intenseIy creepy. I thought they did a good job of finding actors to reprise the roles of Nicholson, Duvall, and Crothers.

And yeah, Rose the Hat (Rebecca Ferguson) was smoking. For those interested in research, you should check out the series "The White Queen". Her, umm, acting is on full display.

No.. No it wasn't as good as you say.

The final plan was convoluted and stupid. They died when you shot them.

Danny would have been able to use his powers in life better. Some of the shine sucker crew gave the movie a bit of a B movie feel, and not in a good way.

That said, it was ok.

It's an easier watch than it is a read.

Kinda surprised it tanked hard at the box office.
It's a colossal task to try and follow up on Kubrick's Shinning, so it is what it is.

I enjoyed it and will get my hands on the Directors cut eventually believe it has an extra 50mins to it.

It was ok, returning to the hotel was sort of dumb and hurt the story imo.
They needed a better reason to do it. A much, much better reason. That would literally have to be the last resort.. It really made no sense.

They could have explained what made the hotel shine so much. They could have made it a more interesting final battle, and done more with it.. But first of all, they needed a better reason to be there.

I understand what you're saying and you're right, however the age has passed where I am content to drag myself through a movie to find the underlying message that it conveys.
If I am not entertained and repulsed by child abuse I think I'll pass.

I'm sure there's alot of nuggets in it, but it's just not for me.
Fair enough

Id still suggest getting very high and watching it tho..lol

The weed will find all da nuggets

It's an easier watch than it is a read.

Kinda surprised it tanked hard at the box office.
It's a colossal task to try and follow up on Kubrick's Shinning, so it is what it is.

I enjoyed it and will get my hands on the Directors cut eventually believe it has an extra 50mins to it.
so almost 4 hourz?

Damn

Hopefully they make the prequel they're were talking about. I'm a mark so more Overlook is a good thing

No.. No it wasn't as good as you say.

The final plan was convoluted and stupid. They died when you shot them.

Danny would have been able to use his powers in life better. Some of the shine sucker crew gave the movie a bit of a B movie feel, and not in a good way.

That said, it was ok.

They needed a better reason to do it. A much, much better reason. That would literally have to be the last resort.. It really made no sense.

They could have explained what made the hotel shine so much. They could have made it a more interesting final battle, and done more with it.. But first of all, they needed a better reason to be there.
I agree with all of this. I was really disappointed that the bad guys just went down when you shot them, I mean this isn't Tombstone.

Danny I can forgive a bit more, he just wanted to forget he had this "gift" and disappear into anonymity.

The hotel thing was poorly set up though. Why couldn't Danny release the captured spirits anywhere? Like you say, what is so special about that place? It wasn't set up well.

That being said I enjoyed the movie, and I haven't yet seen the extra 50 minutes of the director's cut, so that might change my opinion.

And Rose the Hat can definitely get a dose of my seed.

Sequel to the shining novel

God damn, it was so good.
Brilliantly written, highly intelligent, phenomenal acting and just straight up chilling.

Came out at the end of 2019.
People slept on this movie HARD.

easily one of the best films of the last 10 years

Did you watch the 3 hours director cut?

Dr sleep is the perfect name it put me to sleep both times I tried to watch it

Maybe I'll try to watch it in the daytime

I got through ten minutes... And had to out something else on. Just so bland and boring.

Even though I agree that the final showdown at the Overlook was poorly set up, I think it gave a bit of closure for the Danny character.

He could've perhaps opened the boxes anywhere but him doing it at the Overlook then burning it down was a decent ending for his character arc and a good way at combining a sequel to Kubricks movie and the ending to Kings original Shining novel.

Just how I choose to look at it though. Feel free to bash

Really liked it in theaters. Need to watch again. It wasn't the least bit scary though. Which is fine.

Back