Elections Do you think Kamala Harris is a diversity hire?

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm more curious to hear from those who are planning on voting democrat since I think the response will be pretty unanimous from the right.

When you respond, you can also include your opinion of DEI and whether you support it or not.

I'm curious how many honest replies we will get, keep in mind these two things:

1. Biden explicitly said that he would be picking "a woman of color" as his running mate before choosing Kamala.

2. DEI is something the left champions, so if your knee jerk reaction is to deny that she is indeed a diversity hire, you yourself are agreeing that DEI is stupid.

So there you have it, I realize a lot of you don't give a shit and will vote for her cause she's not Truuuuumpffff or cause GO TEAM, but I want to hear what you sincerely think about her all that aside.

When the Union Port dispute doesn’t last as long as you would have liked…

When the Union Port dispute doesn’t last as long as you would have liked…

lol... They had to roll over. Couldn't have this strike heading into the election.

Don't care either way. Getting it resolved is good for Americans and American businesses.

On another front

She is getting gooder and gooder at doing words the more they don't have her talk publicly.

lol... They had to roll over. Couldn't have this strike heading into the election.

Don't care either way. Getting it resolved is good for Americans and American businesses.

On another front

Well it’s a good thing with the new jobs report coming out, looks like they will be able to hire plenty of new firefighters…

As someone still undecided and probably not bothering to vote, politics has always been about targeting demographics and trying to garner as many votes as possible which often involves covering your ass. You'd be naive to believe otherwise. Harris also chose Waltz for a reason.

If you believe picking Harris falls within your idea of "DEI" then your mind probably won't be changed, but it's more just the usual political process. What's sad is that people nowadays vote based on the most superficial nonsense and don't know anything about actual policy. We have some of the worst possible candidates imaginable on both sides.

As for my opinion of DEI, in the spirit of moving towards a diverse group of equally qualified applicants over a non-diverse group, I support it. Once you start hiring less qualified people for the sake of checking boxes then that is problematic. Of course, there is nuance to all of this.

As someone still undecided and probably not bothering to vote, politics has always been about targeting demographics and trying to garner as many votes as possible which often involves covering your ass. You'd be naive to believe otherwise. Harris also chose Waltz for a reason.

If you believe picking Harris falls within your idea of "DEI" then your mind probably won't be changed, but it's more just the usual political process. What's sad is that people nowadays vote based on the most superficial nonsense and don't know anything about actual policy. We have some of the worst possible candidates imaginable on both sides.

As for my opinion of DEI, in the spirit of moving towards a diverse group of equally qualified applicants over a non-diverse group, I support it. Once you start hiring less qualified people for the sake of checking boxes then that is problematic. Of course, there is nuance to all of this.
Fair enough, I appreciate the honesty and actually answering the question, unlike the other half dozen clowns who can’t formulate a single honest response.

Fuck politics, it's turned more and more into a shit show since 2008. The left is all about diversity, inclusivity and all this other BS which originally it's heart was in the right place but now everything has become so precious and off limits, it's fucking ridiculous. The right has this orange pig shit idiot spewing his own verbal diarrhea which is completely like a cult but because the left has polluted all forms of media with this 'woke' nonsense it has people actually wanting Trump to win. Again. Him running the country like a business WAS working it seemed, I will give him that.

I'm more curious to hear from those who are planning on voting democrat since I think the response will be pretty unanimous from the right.

When you respond, you can also include your opinion of DEI and whether you support it or not.

I'm curious how many honest replies we will get, keep in mind these two things:

1. Biden explicitly said that he would be picking "a woman of color" as his running mate before choosing Kamala.

2. DEI is something the left champions, so if your knee jerk reaction is to deny that she is indeed a diversity hire, you yourself are agreeing that DEI is stupid.

By saying she's a "diversity hire" Conservatives like to imply that it means she lacks merit. This is because they don't actually understand the point of DEI, which is to hire underrepresented minorities who also have merit. They seem to believe that if, say, Kamala Harris weren't a minority, she wouldn't have been selected, and therefore shouldn't have been selected.

This is the very argument for DEI.

But all this is neither here nor there since Kamala Harris hasn't been "hired" to do anything in over twenty years. Kamala Harris was well-qualified in 2003 when she was elected to be the District Attorney of San Francisco. In 2011 she was elected to be the Attorney General of California. In 2016 she was elected to be Senator of California. In 2020 she was elected to be Vice President of the United States. And now in 2024 she is on the ticket again for the White House, and it will be up to the American people to decide whether or not she's elected again.

Since elections aren't based upon merit, but instead popularity and (to some degree) percieved merit, the discussion is moot, and simply a dog whistle to steer the debate away from policy and instead towards identity politics.

By saying she's a "diversity hire" Conservatives like to imply that it means she lacks merit. This is because they don't actually understand the point of DEI, which is to hire underrepresented minorities who also have merit. They seem to believe that if, say, Kamala Harris weren't a minority, she wouldn't have been selected, and therefore shouldn't have been selected.

This is the very argument for DEI.

But all this is neither here nor there since Kamala Harris hasn't been "hired" to do anything in over twenty years. Kamala Harris was well-qualified in 2003 when she was elected to be the District Attorney of San Francisco. In 2011 she was elected to be the Attorney General of California. In 2016 she was elected to be Senator of California. In 2020 she was elected to be Vice President of the United States. And now in 2024 she is on the ticket again for the White House, and it will be up to the American people to decide whether or not she's elected again.

Since elections aren't based upon merit, but instead popularity and (to some degree) percieved merit, the discussion is moot, and simply a dog whistle to steer the debate away from policy and instead towards identity politics.
If she was this impressive and eloquent individual, I could buy all that. But do you mean to seriously tell me that she comes off as the best person for this job by any metric?

I have no problem admitting that Trump as a candidate is also pretty terrible and it’s a sad state we’re in if those are the two options.

If she was this impressive and eloquent individual, I could buy all that.

Buy all what? Are you denying that she wasn't elected to all of those positions? I guess I don't even understand what you're trying to get at here. How can somebody be a "diversity hire" if they were elected by popular vote a half dozen times in a row?

But do you mean to seriously tell me that she comes off as the best person for this job by any metric?

Since when has "the best person for the job" ever played a role in a general election? There are 300 million people in this country. I guarantee you "the best person for the job" has never even been on the ticket, let alone sat in the Oval Office. It's more about the best person (of those running) for the job. In this case, I'll take her over Trump every day of the week.

I have no problem admitting that Trump as a candidate is also pretty terrible

Hey we agree on that.

By default, every VP in history is in some shape or another a DEI hire to appeal to straggling voters. We all knew that she was going to pick a middle aged white guy for VP without her explicitly saying it.

By default, every VP in history is in some shape or another a DEI hire to appeal to straggling voters. We all knew that she was going to pick a middle aged white guy for VP without her explicitly saying it.
I don't think Shady JD or him did a bad job at the debate the other day but I really wished even for just that evening she'd picked Shapiro. Someone of a similar age, sharp as a tac to look at as well as his speaking skills.

A straight, white old football coach who served (wait for it) was definitely a safe bet for her to balance out she's going up against a dinosaur con man.

Buy all what? Are you denying that she wasn't elected to all of those positions? I guess I don't even understand what you're trying to get at here. How can somebody be a "diversity hire" if they were elected by popular vote a half dozen times in a row?

Since when has "the best person for the job" ever played a role in a general election? There are 300 million people in this country. I guarantee you "the best person for the job" has never even been on the ticket, let alone sat in the Oval Office. It's more about the best person (of those running) for the job. In this case, I'll take her over Trump every day of the week.

Hey we agree on that.

But yeah I agree, unfortunately we will never get "the best person for the job" simply because that person would be too honest and would get eaten alive in that world... but come on, if they're gonna bullshit me at least make it convincing.

I remember 20 years ago thinking George W Bush came off as a simpleton and was not eloquent enough for a president, but Kamala Harris makes him sound like WInston fucken Churchill.

Back