Do you think GSP made more money fighting Bisping than what he would've made against Prime Silva ?

They are aware. They just refuse to admit it
GSP would have made significantly more money fighting Silva during their concurrent prime/title reign than when he cherry picked Ping. A win over prime Silva would mean a lot more as well.

the only problem is gsp wouldn’t have won and this is why he never pushed for it. Silva would have finished him violently
63256DC5-3CD9-4A58-9F1E-6B3381E8D30E.gif

Anderson could have gone to 170 or GSP to 185 for the fight to happen. Neither wanted to do it, most likely because its just bad business to give your opponent an advantage without financial compensation. I suspect both GSP and Anderson were willing to do it for an extra few million bonus (the change your weight class bonus). The UFC was used to dealing with fighters too stupid to understand how business works, and refused to pay one extra for changing weight. And neither of them was stupid, so the fight didn't happen.

I respect your very polite opinion, but:

SIlva wanted to do it at 180 lbs.

The Spider weighed at 196 lbs against DC, whereas GSP weighted the same against Bisping. These are all factual.

GSP was a big WW whereas Silva was an average MW, 180 lbs was a fair weight for the contest.

Yeah he maybe knew he was on a lot more drugs than Silva

LMAO @ thinking Silva was on PEDs and GSP was not

An experienced lifter could even tell you what stack GSP was on (test + hGH, probably EPO too)

3D delts and traps like this are a DEAD giveaway of steroids usage. Not achievable natty
maxresdefault-2-681x383.jpg

@GrayArea lol @ these unaware non-lifters

You should work for WADA. Indentifying users by looking at images, wow!

You should work for WADA. Indentifying users by looking at images, wow!

Ever since Anderoid got busted his nuthuggers have been on a rabid witch-hunt. They need to come to terms how much of a fraud Anderson is

quote-when-you-use-the-steroids-you-use-them-for-a-long-time-when-you-use-the-steroids-for-anderson-silva-106-85-31.jpg

1Dx4KTQ.png

23aCzcZ.png

I respect your very polite opinion, but:

SIlva wanted to do it at 180 lbs.

The Spider weighed at 196 lbs against DC, whereas GSP weighted the same against Bisping. These are all factual.

GSP was a big WW whereas Silva was an average MW, 180 lbs was a fair weight for the contest.

Anderson mentioned it once, but then never again. The reason Anderson dropped the idea of a catch weight is money -- he got a PPV share, and a non-title fight would lose most of the casuals. As soon as that was pointed out he lost interest.

If Anderson was the same size as GSP then he could have fought at 170 as easily as GSP (and in fact he'd fought at 170 many times). Anderson claimed he was too big to make 170 again, which was equivalent to claiming to be a lot bigger than GSP (who had no troubles making 170). People want it both ways. They want to say both that GSP and Anderson were the same size, and that Anderson couldn't make 170. But they are mutually contradictory statements.

I actually believe they were the same size, and that the fight could have been at 170 or 185. But Anderson was used to fighting at 185 (he knew how his body reacted at that weight), and GSP was used to fighting at 170 (he knew how his body reacted at that weight). And like good business men involved in a multi-million dollar contract negotiation, they wanted to be paid for taking a disadvantage (ie giving up that familiarity). The UFC was too cheap to do what is normal business practice (paying someone to take a disadvantage) so the fight never happened.

In the case of GSP fighting BIsping (a fight he hadn't earned at all, given he hadn't fought in four years), he'd put on weight over four years. And not useful weight. Did you see the fight? He was out of shape (tired after the first round), slow, and very lucky to win (he was losing til he caught Bisping). The GSP that beat Bisping would have lost badly to either Anderson or pre-retirement GSP. Seriously, did it look like GSP had trained even five minutes for the Bisping fight?

Anderson needs money. GSP doesn’t
UnawareBowedChinchilla-size_restricted.gif

Georges-St-Pierre-def-Michael-Bisping-for-middleweight-title-submission-rear-naked-choke-part-2.gif

gsp-taps-bisping-rear-naked-choke-sub-tap.gif

Silva easily round 3, 4, 5. Can even give rounds 3 and 5 a 10-8 for Silva since he had Bispong on queer street both those rounds and at the verge of the shadow realm.

giphy.gif

AdoredDismalFrogmouth-size_restricted.gif

Everyone knows gsp is scared of spiders. Silva fights for the love of the sport and shows by his fighting style. Gsp fights like a wet blanket. No wonder why GSP ran from the sport after getting his ass whooped and before USADA came around.

LMAO @ GSP fanboys thinking that GSP is the greatest fighter of all time when his biggest win is against a cyclop Bisping.
images (7).jpeg descarga.png

People want it both ways. They want to say both that GSP and Anderson were the same size, and that Anderson couldn't make 170. But they are mutually contradictory statements.
I believe GSP was a big WW whereas Silva was an average MW.

Firas went on record to say that GSP would be at least 192 lbs against Jake Shields

"Georges has been getting better at cutting weight. He’s walking around at 194 (pounds). There was a time when he used to walk around at 180 to make 170. He cuts weight so easily we added more muscle ... Now he’s on a protein and vegetable diet. Right now his exercise is significantly cut, but he’s going to shed water. It’s only temporary weight loss. It’s not real weight loss. You’re not dropping fat. (The final weight-cut) lasts about six days . . . By Friday he’ll have six or seven pounds left and we’ll put him in the sauna. I don’t recommend this to anybody, even professional athletes. This is somebody who’s very seasoned. As soon as the weigh-in is done (Friday afternoon) we’ll give him a recovery drink. We’ll even give him Prime (a workout supplement by Gatorade, which sponsors St-Pierre) because he needs the carbohydrates that much more . . . he’ll enter the ring at 192 or 193 pounds."

He could've easily fought at 180 lbs, or even 185 lbs. I believe he did not take the Silva fight because he thought he would've lost and that's it. In fact, at the time, most people had Silva as the #1 p4p

Yes. Modern day paydays are bigger. Bless Connor

Silva easily round 3, 4, 5. Can even give rounds 3 and 5 a 10-8 for Silva since he had Bispong on queer street both those rounds and at the verge of the shadow realm.

giphy.gif

AdoredDismalFrogmouth-size_restricted.gif

Everyone knows gsp is scared of spiders. Silva fights for the love of the sport and shows by his fighting style. Gsp fights like a wet blanket. No wonder why GSP ran from the sport after getting his ass whooped and before USADA came around.

<36>

GSP didn't even have his power behind the punch that dropped Ping.

GSP retired with Silva's belt, and gave it away to his wrestling coach.

“Silva was one of the biggest draws”
Lol
Yes, when he had Rousey or Chuck on the same card. Or when Sonnen sold the shit out of an event.

Anyway, you just felt like making a thread to take another shit on GSP, one of your favourite things to do. I guess an insecure GSP fanboy will make a thread to shit on Silva now.

GSP doesn't care about money. He doesn't want to give a steroid cheat money either.

I believe GSP was a big WW whereas Silva was an average MW.

Firas went on record to say that GSP would be at least 192 lbs against Jake Shields

"Georges has been getting better at cutting weight. He’s walking around at 194 (pounds). There was a time when he used to walk around at 180 to make 170. He cuts weight so easily we added more muscle ... Now he’s on a protein and vegetable diet. Right now his exercise is significantly cut, but he’s going to shed water. It’s only temporary weight loss. It’s not real weight loss. You’re not dropping fat. (The final weight-cut) lasts about six days . . . By Friday he’ll have six or seven pounds left and we’ll put him in the sauna. I don’t recommend this to anybody, even professional athletes. This is somebody who’s very seasoned. As soon as the weigh-in is done (Friday afternoon) we’ll give him a recovery drink. We’ll even give him Prime (a workout supplement by Gatorade, which sponsors St-Pierre) because he needs the carbohydrates that much more . . . he’ll enter the ring at 192 or 193 pounds."

He could've easily fought at 180 lbs, or even 185 lbs. I believe he did not take the Silva fight because he thought he would've lost and that's it. In fact, at the time, most people had Silva as the #1 p4p

If he was the same size as Silva then Silva could have made 170 as easily as GSP did. I don't see any way of getting around that. They could have fought at 170 or 185. GSP knew Anderson would probably win at 185. Anderson knew GSP would probably win at 170. Neither wanted to fight in the other guy's territory. That much is known.

However, I suspect that both Anderson and GSP told the UFC that they would change weight if they were paid extra to do it (say an extra five million or so). That is normal business practice -- if two competing companies go together on a product (think of Microsoft and Apple on Word for the Mac), then there's always extra financial incentive to the one making the biggest sacrifice.

So I agree, if GSP thought he could win at 185 then he would have taken the fight there to get the second title. And if Anderson thought he could win at 170 then he would have taken the fight there to get the second title. Neither thought they could win at the other guy's weight division. That's normal. Anderson didn't want to fight Jones at 205 either, but would have fought him at 185 (though Jones could never make 185). Jones didn't want to fight Cain at HW, but would have fought him at 205.

Irrelevant thread since GSP was never actually offered the fight until after Andy was KO’d by Weidman.
At that point Andy’s name had lost a bit of luster and who knows how much he would have made to fight a guy who had just been exposed and was no longer seen as invincible. No title and far less aura. Besides, Andy fans claim that soon as he lost he was no longer “Prime”.

Back