Do you think GSP made more money fighting Bisping than what he would've made against Prime Silva ?

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
If not, then why the Silva fight didn't happen ? The Spider was willing to go down to 180 lbs which would be a fair weight for the contest and a lot Sherdoggers say Georges would've easily beat Silva.

IMO, it seems unlikely that GSP made more money against Michael Ping, given that Silva was one of the biggest draws in the sport and that fight was the most anticipated fight in UFC history to date.

Anderson needs money. GSP doesn’t
UnawareBowedChinchilla-size_restricted.gif

Georges-St-Pierre-def-Michael-Bisping-for-middleweight-title-submission-rear-naked-choke-part-2.gif

gsp-taps-bisping-rear-naked-choke-sub-tap.gif

This is why....

That is actually a great point to GSP's credit. Because of his pulling power and where the sport was at, he most likely commanded more negotiating power than he would have in the silva fight.

The only reason I hesitate in saying definitively he made more money is that silva vs George would have broke the PPV record, but that doesn't mean they would of saw that money outright

Do you think GSP would have greased before fighting Silva?

No the fight with The count was much more lucrative post Mcgregor era and for the record Silva was never willing of anything, the fight was never offered to either fighter. Anderson was never a HUGE ppv draw, GSP's numbers were far superior to Andersons.

Silva is well-off and fights because he loves the game, he doesn't fight to game the 10-point like GSP.

He loves to lose by the looks of it. Imagine having double digit losses and without that robbery over Brunson his last win would be in 2012.

No the fight with The count was much more lucrative post Mcgregor era and for the record Silva was never willing of anything, the fight was never offered to either fighter. Anderson was never a HUGE ppv draw, GSP's numbers were far superior to Andersons.

"That’s the thing — nobody wants to do it. GSP would never move up to 185 to fight Anderson Silva. He wouldn’t do it," White said when speaking to Russillo and Kanell on Tuesday.

You know how many times we wanted to do the GSP-Anderson Silva fight? GSP would not do it. Would not do it. Guys don’t do that stuff [..] "
- Dana White back in 2016

"That’s the thing — nobody wants to do it. GSP would never move up to 185 to fight Anderson Silva. He wouldn’t do it," White said when speaking to Russillo and Kanell on Tuesday.

You know how many times we wanted to do the GSP-Anderson Silva fight? GSP would not do it. Would not do it. Guys don’t do that stuff [..] "

I don't know.

Between GSP and Silva, GSP is obviously the one who pulls the highest numbers, anyway... I don't know if he could have even higher numbers that he already had.

As quoted nobody wants to do it. The fans talk a lot about this fight but the UFC at the time hated Champ vs Champ and never actually tried to make the fight (when they were both champs). People seem to blame GSP for this but Anderson used to fight at 168lbs, if he really wanted it Anderson could have made 170lbs. On the $$ side, Bisping and GSP were 2 of the highest earning fighters, pre Conor and Ronda, that fight made a whole lot more sense than the Anderson fight.

He made $2.5 million vs Bisping. Was the UFC even paying out that kinda cash 10 years ago when all this talk started?

There's probably multiple factors as to why this didn't happen:
  • I doubt GSP thought he had a good chance of winning at MW.
  • Anderson couldn't or didn't want to go down to WW.
  • Dana would not allow a catchweight.
  • Dana required GSP to vacate at MW before he'd allow him to fight for the belt at MW (champ-champs were strictly against UFC SOP back then).
So give up everything you have to take a fight you have little chance of winning in a weightclass you've never fought in. Who in their right mind would do that?

He made $2.5 million vs Bisping. Was the UFC even paying out that kinda cash 10 years ago when all this talk started?

There's probably multiple factors as to why this didn't happen:
  • I doubt GSP thought he had a good chance of winning at MW.
  • Anderson couldn't or didn't want to go down to WW.
  • Dana would not allow a catchweight.
  • Dana required GSP to vacate at MW before he'd allow him to fight for the belt at MW (champ-champs were strictly against UFC SOP back then).
So give up everything you have to take a fight you have little chance of winning in a weightclass you've never fought in. Who in their right mind would do that?
Source that Dana wouldn't allow a catchweight ? It seems like he said at least in two different occasions that it could be at CW

And that's why White is unsure why St-Pierre wouldn't want to make the fight happen, even at a catch-weight, to prove who's the best.

"At the end of the day, he weighs 170 pounds," White said. "Any guy who's going to fight up in weight — 'I'm the man here at 170. If I thought I was the man at 185, I'd be at 185.' I get it. But it's a fight a lot of fans want to see, it's a big fight. It's a legacy fight, and it's a fight for the pound-for-pound best in the world.

"Georges St-Pierre could do this catch-weight fight and he could still be the champ at 170. But what's crazy to me is, GSP opted to take a very dangerous fight (against Hendricks) at 170 without trying to take a dangerous fight at 185."
---------------
“I think if we do the fight with Silva and Georges St. Pierre, it would be at a catchweight, probably like 178-pounds, something like that,” White said in an interview with X107.5 radio in Las Vegas, as transcribed by MMA Weekly.

All Anderoid had to do was get off the juice and he could've easily made 170 like he did earlier in his career before the juice.

All Anderoid had to do was get off the juice and he could've easily made 170 like he did earlier in his career before the juice.

That or not sabotage the fight with his disgraceful performance in Abu Dhabi with GSP cage side

Silva would have KOd GSP stiff which is why Georges ducked Anderson for nearly a decade

When GSP was active, the UFC was much better at maintaining their brand dominance over individual star-power. When he came back that wasn't the case, and since they went through lots of negotiations before he fought again, we can assume he got more money for that fight than he would have for any fight back in 2011.

If not, then why the Silva fight didn't happen ? The Spider was willing to go down to 180 lbs which would be a fair weight for the contest and a lot Sherdoggers say Georges would've easily beat Silva.

IMO, it seems unlikely that GSP made more money against Michael Ping, given that Silva was one of the biggest draws in the sport and that fight was the most anticipated fight in UFC history to date.

He made more money in the long run by NOT LOSING.
His stock is higher for not having any losses since early in his career.

Back