Do You Still Think JDS Has Better Boxing?

Exactly. It's just trolls out in force and people that lost money tonight.

It's disgusting to hear people say JDS has better boxing when it's crystal clear that he doesn't.

Go back and watch the fight again, and look at Cain beat Junior in most of the boxing exchanges very easily. the threat of the takedown nonsense is ridiculous.

Cain is better in every aspect of MMA.....and there's nothing that can prove otherwise.
Or... you could watch the first fight they had where Cain actually did try to strike with JDS after not immediately having success with a takedown, tried to jab in response to everything Junior did like an amateur, and was consequently baited into throwing a jab by a faked level change on the part of Junior, and finally ate the overhand which dropped Mark Hunt like a sack of potatoes.

Lol.
Syclical said:
Here we go simpletons, try to comprehend that it is possible for someone to use the takedown threat and still be a better striker.
That would be the case if Cain would be able to beat Junior without the threat of takedowns. That is not true.

Your contention is that, if they were sparring partners, Cain would beat up Junior in pure striking simply because he would beat him up under MMA rules sparring... which is just fucking laughable. Like, no. Junior dos Santos understands how to control range and use the Pattern of Offense (to an extent), neither of which can be said for Cain who is literally content to just spam 1-2-takedown until something lands, and beyond this actually varies targets in his combinations, uses punches to set up other punches, and generally demonstrates a far better and more technical understanding of the striking game than Cain ever has.

The clowns who assert that JDS is the better striker, literally have no leg to stand on. They claim it's due to the supposed takedown threat but there is no way to disprove that. JDS could get beat down 10 or 100 straight rounds and sheep will claim he some kind of elite boxer just because he happens to be one dimensional.
His "boxing" consisted of slow sloppy overhands hooks, no jab, no footwork or head movement. Cain is more well rounded AND a better striker period.

They have fought three times and Cain has been in trouble inside one minute two times. If he couldn't have grappled tonight, he probably wouldn't have made it out of the first minute of the fight. Did you miss that?

It's disgusting to hear people say JDS has better boxing when it's crystal clear that he doesn't.

Go back and watch the fight again, and look at Cain beat Junior in most of the boxing exchanges very easily. the threat of the takedown nonsense is ridiculous.

Cain is better in every aspect of MMA.....and there's nothing that can prove otherwise.

I will give them this their arguement is versatile and can be used anywhere.

"Koscheck is a wayyy better striker than GSP, it was just the threat of a takedown."

"In pure striking Koscheck KO's GSP 10 times out of 10."

How do you argue against this sort of insanity?

It's been made very clear in their last 2 fights that Cain's boxing is light years ahead of Junior's.

For years, people have mistaken Juniors knockout power for elite level boxing........Cain proves otherwise.

So no wrestling took place?

They have fought three times and Cain has been in trouble inside one minute two times. If he couldn't have grappled tonight, he probably wouldn't have made it out of the first minute of the fight. Did you miss that?

Cain got tagged by Brock too, but he just keeps on coming. Argument by assertion is the recurring theme for JDS fans.

"JDS would kill Cain in pure striking, that obvious"

Outside of one punch years ago, there is no evidence to support this claim.

LOL at the delusional JDS fans. "Cain was holding on most of the time" Uh what about the times they were exchanging punches? I remember seeing JDS on his back about to go to sleep.

Cain got tagged by Brock too, but he just keeps on coming. Argument by assertion is the recurring theme for JDS fans.

"JDS would kill Cain in pure striking, that obvious"

Outside of one punch years ago, there is no evidence to support this claim.

Did you miss the first 30 seconds of tonight's fight? Cain was rocked as soon as the fight began and went into wrestling mode to weather the storm.

Only someone that just started watching mma would say the threat of a takedown is wont help with a person striking game, cain did not win a striking match with junior you idiot it was a mma match, talk toe when they box in a ring, everything else you are saying is all subjective. Cain is the better mix martial artist, as for boxer the few times he tried to stand and trade with boxing in round 1 got him koed and then his wrestling saved him against kongo. To say the threat of takedowns doesnt enhance his striking is absurd

LOL at the delusional JDS fans. "Cain was holding on most of the time" Uh what about the times they were exchanging punches? I remember seeing JDS on his back about to go to sleep.

Yep.

2 fights in a row Cain has beat Junior in the boxing game and when they've exchanged Cain is the one that dropped Junior in both fights.

Yeah Cain totally proved that by hugging Junior against the cage, sapping his energy for five rounds before JDS "knocked himself out".

Cain is a better fighter but better boxer? Hardly.

Only someone that just started watching mma would say the threat of a takedown is wont help with a person striking game, cain did not win a striking match with junior you idiot it was a mma match, talk toe when they box in a ring, everything else you are saying is all subjective. Cain is the better mix martial artist, as for boxer the few times he tried to stand and trade with boxing in round 1 got him koed and then his wrestling saved him against kongo. To say the threat of takedowns doesnt enhance his striking is absurd

I love how you completely ignore the fights Cain won against JDS

wrestling didnt disfigure jds's face

Another idiot, he said cain beat him standing and is light years ahead of him in boxing and I said no wrestling took place to imply oh nevermind the attention span on this site is amazing, progressively got worst over the years.

Yeah Cain totally proved that by hugging Junior against the cage, sapping his energy for five rounds before JDS "knocked himself out".

Oh you missed the parts where Cain outboxed Junior and smashed him and dropped him just like he did in the last fight.

I love how you completely ignore the fights Cain won against JDS

Ignore what? Cain mixed up his wrestling with his striking and his relentless cardio. Last time I checked cain wasnt willng to stand and trade until he made jds tired and even then he still mixed up, cain is a specimen and great fighter but to act like he is outstriking people without the wrestling is retarded. Dont any of you know how to read properly on here?

Oh you missed the parts where Cain outboxed Junior and smashed him and dropped him just like he did in the last fight.

That happened after three rounds of wrestling. Cain is a mixed martial artist. He said it perfectly before the fight, "I'm going to wrestle when he thinks I'm going to box and box when he thinks I'm going to wrestle." That's how he set up and hurt JDS. Boxing is a completely different game.

When you talk about just the stand-up game, Junior is better. In a boxing or kickboxing match, Junior would win and I have very little doubt about that.

Cain's pressure and wrestling make it much easier to land strikes on Junior.

You mad bro?

You may sound butt hurt but you are on the right direction I guess

Idk if Cain's boxing is better but Cain's constant threat of the takedown really made JDS second guess himself, Cain's cardio is better so his relentless pace really sapped JDS out too.

In a straight up boxing match, I think I would favor JDS..... maybe.

But Cain is overall much better than JDS for sure.

Back