Do You Still Think JDS Has Better Boxing?

Cains combinations, head movement, footwork are all better than Juniors.

Junior has more power, but that's it.

It's been made very clear in their last 2 fights that Cain's boxing is light years ahead of Junior's.

For years, people have mistaken Juniors knockout power for elite level boxing........Cain proves otherwise.

If his boxing is "light ahead", explain me how he couldn't finish HIM with it while it took less than a minute to JDS to finish Cain with his...

It's something considering Velasquez the better fighter and overall , he is light years ahead of JDS, mma wise.

But solely on boxing, if that was the case, he would have finished him UP the second fight.

I think in MMA it's difficult to isolate and compare different skills. JDS would probably win a boxing match, but in an MMA Cain's other abilities make it a different contest.

You've heard of circling in boxing right instead of going straight back? or some sort of defense? Just checking...

You're right. Still think JDS would smash Cain in a boxing only match.

Do you think Cain would beat JDS if they only boxed?

I think JDS has more power a better chin and more confidence in his stand up. Given that, in a pure stand up fight it would be a lot more even. Cain is right up there though, and in MMA his "boxing" is superior. So all told, It isn't cut and dry either way, not surprising for absolute statements like that.

don't be dumb, TS. JDS wins a boxing match. Cain is a better mixed martial artist and you and I should be content with that.

If his boxing is "light ahead", explain me how he couldn't finish HIM with it while it took less than a minute to JDS to finish Cain with his...

It's something considering Velasquez the better fighter and overall , he is light years ahead of JDS, mma wise.

But solely on boxing, if that was the case, he would have finished him UP the second fight.

I think in MMA it's difficult to isolate and compare different skills. JDS would probably win a boxing match, but in an MMA Cain's other abilities make it a different contest.

I whole heartily agree

JDS keeps his hands at the side of his body to prevent the TD.
This makes him vulnerable.
JDS is the better boxer but Cain is better at mma.

You're right. Still think JDS would smash Cain in a boxing only match.

Do you think Cain would beat JDS if they only boxed?

Yes considering JDS doesn't keep his hands up and Cain having bigger gloves to protect his chin.

This. Cain is also able to work his striking better against JDS due to his aggressive wrestling-boxer style. I think JDS would beat Cain in a pure striking match, but Cain will often outstrike JDS in an MMA match due to the cage and wrestling factors.

Essentially what I meant, except Cain's pressure style could cause JDS problems in a pure striking match, as well. He is one of the few pressure fighters in MMA that realized a jab is essential to their success. Cain could outjab JDS in a boxing match. He might have to get off the deck to win, but Cain is capable of flooring JDS, as well. They're both high level boxers for MMA.

Power......that's why he finished Cain in the first fight. He threw one hard punch.

Cain outboxes him most of the time when they stand in front of each other and trade, you don't have to be a finisher to be a better boxer.

better dirty/ in close boxing yes. Better mid range and outside boxing goes to JDS. I actually think cormier has underrated boxing too

It's been made very clear in their last 2 fights that Cain's boxing is light years ahead of Junior's.

For years, people have mistaken Juniors knockout power for elite level boxing........Cain proves otherwise.

that's a bad point IMO.
Junior is the best striker, but Cain poses a constant threat od takedowns which changes the game completely.

Make them both fight in a boxing match, and Junior would KTFO or win 9 out of 10 matches.

However, this is not a boxing match. Cain wins because he can neutralize Junior's weapons.

No it's the threat of the takedown and Cain gassing JDS' arms with his wrestling that make it seem that way.

JDS would destroy Cain in a boxing match.

Power......that's why he finished Cain in the first fight. He threw one hard punch.

Cain outboxes him most of the time when they stand in front of each other and trade, you don't have to be a finisher to be a better boxer.

When they met in the middle of the octagon tonight, JDS beat him to the punch, and would do so every time, Cain kept the fight against the cage for a reason..

No shame in losing to a beast like Cain. His boxing may be inferior (I respectfully disagree), but it's still probably going to knock 99% of the people around into outer space, so props to him.

It's his cardio/game planning that needs work, IMO.

Yes I do. The smothering clinch of Cain against the cage & his ability to land elbows/punches in close at wrestling range really made this fight what it was. Both guys were catching each other at boxing range but JDS was landing the better shots, IMO. I think Cain's a great boxer (by MMA standards) as well but JDS is just a bit better there.

That said, Cain's clearly the better MMA fighter.

Back