Do You Still Think JDS Has Better Boxing?

It's been made very clear in their last 2 fights that Cain's boxing is light years ahead of Junior's.

For years, people have mistaken Juniors knockout power for elite level boxing........Cain proves otherwise.

edit - Never mind

Cain didn't really show much boxing in this fight?

This thread is retarded. JDS has great boxing but its very hard to implement it with the threat of the take down and the very fast and crisp striking that Velasquez has.

JDS also needs to learn to keep his hands up to his chin and stop trying to be Anderson Silva.

More on topic however, JDS might have better boxing in a ring but in a cage-fight and the threat of take-downs, Velasquez has much more effective boxing.

boxing is 90% footwork and JDS has shitty footwork. He was never the best boxer in MMA and i honestly think Cain has much better footwork, granted he is a pressure fighter and JDS prefers the pocket so its a different thing.

That happened after three rounds of wrestling. Cain is a mixed martial artist. He said it perfectly before the fight, "I'm going to wrestle when he thinks I'm going to box and box when he thinks I'm going to wrestle." That's how he set up and hurt JDS. Boxing is a completely different game.

Cain didn't need 3 rounds the second fight. He dropped him in the first round

A better brawler, yes. Neither of them are great at boxing.

What got exposed is JDS's terrible footwork. Seriously, this guy thinks he can beat a Klitschko when he can't even keep Velasquez from pushing him against the cage?

Back