Do You Still Think JDS Has Better Boxing?

Michael13

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
It's been made very clear in their last 2 fights that Cain's boxing is light years ahead of Junior's.

For years, people have mistaken Juniors knockout power for elite level boxing........Cain proves otherwise.

It's been made very clear in their last 2 fights that Cain's boxing is light years ahead of Junior's.

For years, people have mistaken Juniors knockout power for elite level boxing........Cain proves otherwise.

Did you really post this shit?

I still do. It wasn't really the boxing that made the difference it was the pressure. imo

That's probably why Cain felt the need to keep Junior pressed against the cage the entire fight, right?

Yeah, but Cain is better at holding people against cages for most of a round though.

Punching dude while pressing him against the cage, controlling him with the forehead, throwing stomps and knees is not boxing, though.

Cain showed great boxing when he got oustruck and dropped by Kongo 3 times before making it a pure ground battle

In some respects Cain is better, in some respects JDS is better.

Light years? Really? Not just a little more effective due to the threat of TD, but light years ahead of Junior's?

I still do. It wasn't really the boxing that made the difference it was the pressure. imo

You've heard of circling in boxing right instead of going straight back? or some sort of defense? Just checking... you really don't know shit about boxing. It's not just throwing hands :/.

Yes I do believe in a boxing or kickboxing ring you'd see a clear advantage for Junior, but as it turns out Cain's takedowns and clinch game make all the difference in MMA.

In some respects Cain is better, in some respects JDS is better.

This. Cain is also able to work his striking better against JDS due to his aggressive wrestling-boxer style. I think JDS would beat Cain in a pure striking match, but Cain will often outstrike JDS in an MMA match due to the cage and wrestling factors.

If you've watched MMA for this long and don't see how much the fact that Cain was constantly trying for takedowns helped his striking, I don't know what to tell you.

JDS is a better pure striker than Cain, but Cain is more well rounded.

fear of the takedown negguh, also yeah JDS has better boxing, and would do so much better in actual boxing than cain.

Cain's comfortably outstruck him 2 straight fights now.

The case can be made.

When they were separated JDS landed the better shots.

Back