Movies Do You Still Go To The Movies?

Not really. I will take my kids as an event, but I have no desire to go for myself. My 5.1 setup and 4K TV are good enough. Last time I went was for the Mario Bros. movie and outside of the huge screen and it being loud as shit, the experience did not seem that great. And after watching high contrast TV's for so long, the colors looked super washed out.

I used to love going, one of my favorite past times. Loved everything about it; popcorn, ice cold Coke Zero, M&M's. Now...too may shitheads on their phones or talking to their friends. Its not worth going when people won't shut the fuck up during the movie.

Any of you guys go to Broadway/live theater?

I saw my first Broadway show in NYC last year (moulin rouge). I'm going to see Book of Mormon at the end of this month here in San Diego.

Yup. Saw Les Miserables, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, and Jesus Christ Superstar when I was in school (our music program had field trips to various shows), and I've taken my kids to see Cats and Phantom of the Opera. I didn't find out until much later that Ian Gillan is literally Rock Jesus.

Any of you guys go to Broadway/live theater?

I saw my first Broadway show in NYC last year (moulin rouge). I'm going to see Book of Mormon at the end of this month here in San Diego.
I've never been to a Broadway/Live theater before
what is it like?

We stopped going for ages but after we moved house we've got an old retro style theatre about a 15 minute walk away. They show new stuff and classics.

It's family run, never gets more than half full and we get a glass of wine and ice cream so its a nice evening out. Been running as a cinema since 1912.

cottageroad-outside-full.jpg

36630770_2026895177343202_5946411766392029184_o.jpg

Although we did go to the big Imax for Top Gun 2, Oppenheimer and Avatar 2.

Generally I can't stand the big chain cinemas though, too many annoying kids and people on their phones.

There's another cool retro cinema nearby that's just had a refurb. It's the last surviving gaslit cinema.

8192.jpg

8192.jpg

8192.jpg

I don't know here y'all live. I go to the movie theatre all the time (30-40 times per year) and I never have any significant issue with people being rude.

Back