Movies Do You Still Go To The Movies?

MLarson

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
As for me no, they're to expensive and the last two I watched were terrible so now I wait to they hit DVD, streaming or some other way.

I try to avoid commercial theaters as much as possible since last year. Prior to that, I'd go to see all the Marvel movies, most DC movies, and the big blockbuster type movies in the theatre. I upgraded my HT room over the last ~3 years, and it blows away any commercial theater I've been to. The only downside is waiting for a movie I really want to see to hit streaming/physical disc.

Last time I went was 4 years ago. I'll probably go again someday.

You wait till they hit DVD? So, you buy the DVD, which is the same price as going to the movies…

Yep, when there's something worth seeing on the big screen like Top Gun 2.

I do, still love the experience, and so do my kids. Plus, if I throw popcorn at people at home I also have to clean it up.

Haven't gone in prolly 10 years now.

Jus wait for it to hit the web in HD and stream.

Edit: I lied - forgot I had a few dinner and a movie dates along the way. Regardless I wasn't going for the movie and don't even recall what they were.

I have fond memories of going to the movies. And by fond I mean dirty.

Negative. Too expensive. Cheaper to wait a day and DL the WEB-DL and pop some jiffy pop on the stove.

Hell no. I bought a big OLED TV and a good sound system.

There's no movie that's so exciting that I can't wait for it to come out in 4k at a later date.

Yes, but not as often as I used to. It depends on what's playing.

I regularly gom I love the movies. And I go a couple weeks after release, during the week. It's the best

Yes. You cant recreate the magic of the movie theater at your house. I love going. Went and saw SISU last week with 12 of my coworkers. Fun times

Which part? The over priced snacks and drinks? The shitty sound and picture? The annoying people talking, texting, and kicking seats in the theater? The terrible chairs?

I mean, yeah, you don't want to recreate all that for sure. But otherwise, setting up a good HT room in your house is much more enjoyable. I can stop/pause a movie any time I want. Get a beer/beverage, have a puff, all in the comfort of my own house.

The only downside to setting up your own good HT room is awaiting the movies to hit streams or disc. Otherwise, it's far superior in every way.

Back