Movies Do You Still Go To The Movies?

Nope. Haven't been since Star Wars Force Awakens 2015 and even then I was dragged to go see it. Don't watch movies anyway so don't give them money for Netflix either. Not missing out from the looks of it.
Nice postr to liek ratio loser!
ayyy lm
I would if they made a decent movie.
40 year old sequels, Superheroes, and other absolute shite they keep pumping out is not my bag sir.

:cool:

Went to watch Mario Bros with the kids last week. Mainly did it to let my 4 year old experience it for the first time.

Which part? The over priced snacks and drinks? The shitty sound and picture? The annoying people talking, texting, and kicking seats in the theater? The terrible chairs?
You’re going to the wrong theatre

For sure, I've probably been to the theater about five or six times over the past couple years.

My company rented out a theater for Top Gun Maverick the day it came out. It was pretty dope.

Most of the movies I've gone to see were the music biopics... Bohemian Rhapsody, I Wanna Dance With Somebody, Elvis, Rocketman.

Went to see a bunch of movies within the last year, pretty much because I was going on dates each time and the girl I was with wanted to see that specific movie.
I saw:
JugJugg Jeeyo (Hindi-Bollywood)
Don't Worry Darling
Smile
Elvis
Ticket to Paradise
Mrs. Chatterjee vs. Norway (Hindi-Bollywood)

I still think a movie is one of the best dating activities. I kinda have a built in bias as my parents met each other at a Hindi film.

ive been once in 20 years and that was cause i thought Top Gun 2 would deserve to be watched on a big screen.
maybe the cinema i went to just has crap projectors cause it was disappointing, watching movies at home in uhd on a 75 inch oled with a half decent sound system is a much better experience.

Not unless it's the movies with recliners. Emagine is great. It's what 10 bucks ? Just bring your own drink an candy.

Nope. Too expensive. Not enough movies I want to see. I have a projector at home.

I love the movie theater. I recently watched:
Guardians of the Galaxy 3 volume movie marathon.

Coldplay Music of the Spheres

Spirited Away theatrical performance.

Suzume

The new Super Mario movie and Dungeons and Dragons movie.

Yup. Always a fun experience for me. Though there’s been a serious drop off in my patronage of theaters since everything reopened.
I don’t know if there was a corresponding drop off in number of quality releases or it’s more just I find it harder to justify giving up the two and a half hours of time but I went from going to the theater about 27 times in 2019 to 4 times last year (Doctor Strange, Thor L&T, Top Gun, Elvis).

I am at four currently this year so hopefully I’ll at least surpass last year’s number.

Was The Pope's Exorcist and Jesus Revolution any good?

I enjoyed Jesus Revolution, it was a positive airy retelling of the story and it glossed over a lot of the bad stuff but I enjoyed the nice little trip down memory lane to a time and a place that I remember fondly from my childhood

I don't think I've been to a movie since 2018

Yup. Always a fun experience for me. Though there’s been a serious drop off in my patronage of theaters since everything reopened.
I don’t know if there was a corresponding drop off in number of quality releases or it’s more just I find it harder to justify giving up the two and a half hours of time but I went from going to the theater about 27 times in 2019 to 4 times last year (Doctor Strange, Thor L&T, Top Gun, Elvis).

I am at four currently this year so hopefully I’ll at least surpass last year’s number.

I'm guessing for a lot of people the pandemic tended to limit more casual cinema going, they now need a reason to go rather than wanting to go and finding something to watch.

Ironically I would say I'v shifted much more towards watching films than shows over that period just mostly at home now, actually got a quality TV a couple of months before the pandemic started and have focused strongly on getting the best quality disk releases of stuff I enjoy since.

No. I have no need. I have two 75” TVs, each with a sound bar with a subwoofer. My wife and I are both homebodies anyway. So we just watch movies at home, comfortable, able to pause and rewind if need be, and with all of the amenities of our home at our disposal.

Heres a question for you guys, how many of you have been. To a drive-in theater recently?

Back