Movies Do You Still Go To The Movies?

Heres a question for you guys, how many of you have been. To a drive-in theater recently?

I havent been in decades but we have a drive in right here in my town thats still really popular all summer long, its right next door to the arena where I take my nephews to the wrestling matches on Saturday nights and its always packed

I havent been in decades but we have a drive in right here in my town thats still really popular all summer long, its right next door to the arena where I take my nephews to the wrestling matches on Saturday nights and its always packed
I was surprised to read recently that there are more than 300 operating across the US

Going to the movies is one of the few things I'll treat myself to lately. I work alot which includes travel so being able to get out and enjoy a movie is a simple get away. I usually go 2-3 times a month or so depending on what's out. We also have a smaller local theater and drive in so if I don't feel like going to the regular theater I'll check out the other 2.

I do 3-6x a year. Anymore more though it's because it seems like the theater will "enhance" the experience (Top Gun Maverick/looking ahead Oppenheimer), or supporting something creative/Independent(Terrifier 2/Infinity Pool/The Raid movies ect)

I go about 1-2 times a month. I love going to the cinema. Cola, popcorn, buying some merch and enjoying the film with my gf.

Recently watched the new Mario Brothers film, it was fun!

You’re going to the wrong theatre

IMAX and Ultra AVX theaters are the "norm" here. They're still shitty. Add in the douche canoes that think they can talk/text and be general morons during the movie = no bueno.

My son and I were just discussing going to see GoTG III last night. After the last two experiences we had at the theater (Dr. Strange and Avatar 2) he told me he doesn't care how good GoTG III is, he'd rather wait the ~3 months for it to hit home release and watch it in the comfort and privacy of our HT room.

Keep in mind, that since ~2008, up until the pandemic, we went to see every big Marvel/DC/blockbuster movie that hit theaters. We weren't just casual movie goers, we were regulars (I even had a Cineclub Membership here in Canada).

Recently saw the Mario movie. Have tickets reserved for Guardians this weekend. I will only go if it’s something I don’t feel like waiting for it to be released.

I would but they haven't released any good movies in a long while

I do 3-6x a year. Anymore more though it's because it seems like the theater will "enhance" the experience (Top Gun Maverick/looking ahead Oppenheimer), or supporting something creative/Independent(Terrifier 2/Infinity Pool/The Raid movies ect)
Still haven't seen the Raid films heard a lot things about them.

Yeah ill still go. Won't pay or waste time to see disney shit.
Last movie was Super Marios. We rented a theatre room for the family. Next movie will be The Flash. We want to rent a room again for it.

Most of the time now I am going to the cinema to watch anniversary screenings/HD restorations of old films. Been lucky enough to see; Pulp Fiction, The Shining, A Clockwork Orange, Shaun of the Dead, The Big Lebowski and Raging Bull. All of which are better than most of the movies that come out now. Although I did recently do a double-feature day and saw Pearl and then The Whale which were both excellent.

Don’t know if it’s a post-covid societal manners thing but everyone talks loudly, goes on their phones, and just acts like hot shit for some reason, seems to attract a lot of absolute cunts that don’t know how to behave and hardly any movies coming out now are worth putting up with that for.

Last one i saw was a few weeks ago, went to go watch the Super Mario Bros Movie...was awesome.
But i don't go as often as i used to

Heres a question for you guys, how many of you have been. To a drive-in theater recently?

The last drive in theater in my area closed in the 1980s.

Yes, Ive never had some chick giving her boyfriend a blowjob a few seats away from me at home. I've never had a baby cry or people talking during the movie.
I am a sherdogger, okay? I buy out the whole fucking place. You’re invited though. Don’t bring your girlfriend and leave the babies at home.

Yes. Only the movies that worth seeing in cinemas. Because for me, there are type of movies that are better to be watched at home, alone, in my crib.

All the time but mostly to 35mm screenings of older movies. Unless it's with my kids, then we go see the new releases.

Any of you guys go to Broadway/live theater?

I saw my first Broadway show in NYC last year (moulin rouge). I'm going to see Book of Mormon at the end of this month here in San Diego.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back