Do you REALLY think Frankie/Mendez would beat Conor?

Wow. I guess haters are going to hate. Any one of Aldo, Mendez or Edgar lasting 3 (or 5 for that matter after Conor gets the belt) full rounds with the GOAT is a stretch, let alone win the fight.

They would both beat him comfortably.

And people claiming that he did vaporize any credibility they may have had when they try and put him over Frankie.

Bj beat Frankie the 1st time.

Bj won the 1st rd decisively vs GSP the frst time.

If someone wanted to (wrongfully) give Bj a 10-8, it's a draw at best.

But one fight has nothing to do with the other.

Tbh, Connor looks a lot like Cub Swanson with some spinning kicks mixed in.

That's not a knock, Cub is an awesome fighter. But we saw Cub vs Siver. Then we saw Cub vs Edgar.

I'm being serious here, I think that's a completely legit comparison. Fighting style wise, Conor and Cub are very similar.. and did everyone not think Cub was destined for big things before that Edgar fight?

That said, I think Conor has a good chance against Aldo since Also is primarily a striker.

Tbh, Connor looks a lot like Cub Swanson with some spinning kicks mixed in.

That's not a knock, Cub is an awesome fighter. But we saw Cub vs Siver. Then we saw Cub vs Edgar.

I'm being serious here, I think that's a completely legit comparison. Fighting style wise, Conor and Cub are very similar.. and did everyone not think Cub was destined for big things before that Edgar fight?

That said, I think Conor has a good chance against Aldo since Also is primarily a striker.

I don't think that's fair. Compare the fights of McGregor and Cub against Siver and Poirier respectively. I think his TDD and overall striking has shown to be more lethal.

I think Siver was like 2/3 in takedowns against Conor, even though they weren't particularly effective and Conor got right back up. But that's Dennis Siver.

No TD's vs Siver.

What if Mendes/Frankie cant take him down/hold him down?

Its a wrap.

Weird, I could swear I remember one for sure. He had the legs wrapped up and briefly got him to the ground I thought. Not sure why they didn't score that td. Do you guys remember what I'm talking about?

Mendes would KO him and Frankie would cruise to a 49-46.

Weird, I could swear I remember one for sure. He had the legs wrapped up and briefly got him to the ground I thought. Not sure why they didn't score that td. Do you guys remember what I'm talking about?

This one?

ibzU9Kpbcvwfgl.gif

i belive they CAN take him down but i doubt either man can keep him down because Conner seems like a slippery son of a bitch and then factor in his strength\size it doesn't help

needless to say im a fan of both guys but im pretty damn sure if the fight stays on the standup they will both lose to Mcgregor just like they did Aldo

I would love to see him fight frankie since frankie is one of the most durable fighters out there with good footwork himself.

Frankie is one of those guys that could/should've fought with no time limits, or 30 minute time limits w/e...I think he'd've (how ya like that!?) beat Aldo if there had been a couple rounds added, Frankie's got the kind of Cardio that 5 rounds just don't do justice too...I'd pick Frankie by tko in the 4th or 5th rounds vs Conor by gnp Aldo I'm thinking is gonna weather a big onslaught rom Conor early in the first, then immediately pound him into a tap to strikes by the end of the third minute, Mendes...well, I'm not familiar enough with him to make the call.

Last edited:
i love frankie seen his presser about the goat great guy humble honest and respecting not flaming conor.

like a couple said maynard edgar thats what i feel would happen to frankie against the goat. frankie had a war with cub. cub had a war with siver. do tge math?

mendes ? not in frankie an conors league

I believe that both Mendes and Edgar would take Conor to the ground and abuse him.

More importantly, the UFC owners believe the same thing, which is why they matched Conor up with Siver instead of Mendes or Edgar.

I believe that both Mendes and Edgar would take Conor to the ground and abuse him.

More importantly, the UFC owners believe the same thing, which is why they matched Conor up with Siver instead of Mendes or Edgar.[/QUOTE]

Or it could be because Mendes/Edgar were booked with other fights or had just fought when Conor wanted to stay active. Try again.

I think they could but you just don't know. Conor IS big. But he does a very good job of making himself LOOK huge. His stance, slow moving feints and such add to that.

Siver said it best. Conor has a GREAT eye for distance. It is something that can all but negate almost other other qualities.

What has connor done at any point in his career to cope with an all time great like Edgar? Mcgregor has looked good beating lesser opponents, but he really hasn't approached the edgar/mendes levels of the division.
As for Mendes, Mcgregor won't have a size advantage over him, and he won't be on a level wrestling wise with Mendes.
Mcgregor just might be that good, but Mendes/Edgar/Aldo are proven commodities, we KNOW they are that good

What has connor done at any point in his career to cope with an all time great like Edgar? Mcgregor has looked good beating lesser opponents, but he really hasn't approached the edgar/mendes levels of the division.
As for Mendes, Mcgregor won't have a size advantage over him, and he won't be on a level wrestling wise with Mendes.
Mcgregor just might be that good, but Mendes/Edgar/Aldo are proven commodities, we KNOW they are that good

Probably the best assessment on this thread. Conor is not someone wer KNOW about yet. he just MIGHT be... the rest remains to be seen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back