Do you REALLY think Frankie/Mendez would beat Conor?

Holy shit. This is the most civil and realistic responses in a Conor thread that I've seen.. I think all 3 men would give Conor trouble. I see ability in McGregor though. The guy does have speed amd power, he moves well and would have a bit of a size/reach advantage.

Wrestling is a skill that requires you to be stronger than your opponent in the sense that the top guys can wrestle and have TDD too. So to impose your wrestling will, you kind of have to be just straight "stronger". Conor's pretty big man.

this is so fundamentally wrong its actually sad to read.

When competing with somewhat equal skill..I think in wrestling strength wins. In striking speed/timing/control of distance wins with equal power.

Being 3-0 against BJ Penn and apparently unfinishable will do that.

Frankies an amazing fighter, but to be fair he does kinda struggle against long limbed and quick strikers like benson, who has a similar build to conor. Id say frankie has a higher chance of grinding a win, but conors gonna make him bleed first.

Yeah, i'd pick them both to beat him.

Frankie by decision, and Mendes by tko.

Wrestling is a skill that requires you to be stronger than your opponent; to impose your wrestling will, you kind of have to be just straight "stronger". Conor's pretty big man.

sGqRmNk.jpg

I haven't seen enough from Conor to make a legitimate prediction, but I think both Frankie and Mendes give Conor trouble. Frankie either outworks him with his speed, cardio, and wrestling or Conor catches him clean. Chad I think would give him all kinds of trouble. Hopefully we will see these match-ups soon.

Frankie is viewed as a god-like figure on these forums, people tend to forget things like that.
They're forgetting that Siver took Cub down with ease & controlled him for the whole of the 1st rd too.

Frankies win against Cub has been very over rated on this forum. Cub has awful TDD for a Top 10 ranked guy.

They're forgetting that Siver took Cub down with ease & controlled him for the whole of the 1st rd too.

Frankies win against Cub has been very over rated on this forum. Cub has awful TDD for a Top 10 ranked guy.

Cub's grappling is really poor, given his relative ranking. He would likely fail to beat Edgar or Mendes, even if they were to fight 100 times. In addition, his standup is pretty sloppy from a defensive perspective and from a technical perspective (often punches with his shoulders and overextends).

If Frankie/Mendes cant take him down I dont see a win for them.

Last edited:
Cub's grappling is really poor, given his relative ranking. He would likely fail to beat Edgar or Mendes, even if they were to fight 100 times. In addition, his standup is pretty sloppy from a defensive perspective and from a technical perspective (often punches with his shoulders and overextends).

I think McGregor could take and hold Cub down if he wanted.

I don't know, but I'd like to see Frankie vs Mendes.

A lot of people would like to see it.

Don't tell me they give us the fights the "fans want to see" if they can't seem to do fights like Frankie vs Mendes or Joe B vs Dodson.

Frankie vs Mendes
Cub vs Holloway
Soto vs Faber
MM vs Dodson
Cariaso vs Joe B

Tough to say. If I had to lean one direction or the other I'd say Frankie has a great chance of beating him, Mendez too, but not quite as much of a chance.

Frankie been in there with the best in both divisions and beaten nearly everyone he's faced. Aside from the first Maynard fight, he's only lost close/razor thin decisions.

On the other hand, either of them is going to have to close the distance on Conor to strike or wrastle with him, and thus are going to run the risk of eating a big time counter on the way in. It also looked like Conor is good at getting back to his feet, which could spell problems.

A lot of ??'s. The only way to know for sure is to see Conor fight an elite wrastler. If he trashes the first one he fights, you can probably say goodbye to the rest of the division.

It's laughable seeing these Conor marks even put him in the same breath as greats like Aldo, Mendes, and Edgar. Jesus Christ.

It's laughable seeing these Conor haters not seeing the obvious talent this man has.

Honestly you really need to see Connor fight more before you can say if he could beat a guy like Frankie.Their are no holes are weakneses in Frankies game and if your smart you can eek out a decision
a decision. All i know if Conners ever fights Frankie he better not be fucking around in the cage. Shit hes got is hands full with Aldo.

Back