Do you REALLY think Frankie/Mendez would beat Conor?

Mixedfights

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
His TDD against Siver was good (I know they are better) but its the athleticism he showed in the TDD. I had already assumed the guy had good TDD just because of his skill/desire/talent. I bet hes worked his ass off on TDD.

Now im pretty sure Frankie or Mendez cant take him down at will and if they do he will get right back up. The guy is huge in size for the division and I bet he is stronger than ppl give him credit for. Thing is with Conor, when he hits a guy you can almost see their power go down,like in a video game. I dont think anybody in the division can hang with his power.

I feel its kind of like the DC fans saying hes gonna ragdoll Jones.Different animal. Conor is bigger/stronger than ppl assume and I dont see either fighter beating him.

I'm pretty sure they would take him down and smash him, especially Frankie.

I don't know, but I'd like to see Frankie vs Mendes.

A lot of people would like to see it.

Don't tell me they give us the fights the "fans want to see" if they can't seem to do fights like Frankie vs Mendes or Joe B vs Dodson.

I think Mendes beats everyone not named Aldo, including Edgar.

Yep, I believe, especially Mendes.

Frankie would ruin Conor.
I'm pretty sure Gil would, too if he didn't try and box with him.

Frankie would beat Connor. I don't think Mendes would have an easy time with him. Connor is a solid number 3-4 FW just now.
Ontop of that, Jose is going to flatten him but that doesn't mean Connor can't bounce back.

Wrestling is a skill that requires you to be stronger than your opponent in the sense that the top guys can wrestle and have TDD too. So to impose your wrestling will, you kind of have to be just straight "stronger". Conor's pretty big man.

I don't think either would finish Conor but I could see either winning a decision and then all of us complaining about the judging.

Don't think either would survive three full rounds with McG.

There is literally LIGHT YEARS difference between how Frankie mixes striking and takedowns, how he moves, and basically how he does everything than with someone like Siver.

And don't forget, Frankie held down LW's so it's not like he hasn't used his wrestling effectively against bigger guys.

Could Conor neutralize Frankie (or Mendes)? It's possible. But I'd lean toward either of them to beat him.

Yes. Mendes, I can't say for sure (but probably), but Edgar would put an absolute ass-whooping on McGregor. I would be shocked if Conor managed to pull that one off.

If Frankie stood with McGregor for 3 rounds then McGregor could win. If Frankie takes it to the ground, then Conor is fucked. Same goes for Mendes. McGregor can strike with anyone but wrestling is his weakness as it is with all successful strikers.

I don't see any way that Frankie loses to McGregor... Mendes I could see getting dragged into a slugfest and getting tagged, but Frankie's got too high a fight IQ and just seems like one of those guys that can run on pure will power

Wrestling is a skill that requires you to be stronger than your opponent in the sense that the top guys can wrestle and have TDD too. So to impose your wrestling will, you kind of have to be just straight "stronger". Conor's pretty big man.

Ya, I don't know... Frankie was never the biggest or strongest when he fought at 155 and still had success wrestling there... There's a little more to it than just strength

Yep.

They don't even necessarily have to spend most of the fight on top of him to win. They're both solid strikers who can make other people look worse than they are on the feet due to the threat of a takedown.

Back