Do YOU have what it takes to repel a home invasion?

In my city you'd be dead for this. But, if you live in ottawa....lol i think they would just break in and hug you repeatedly.
I left Ottawa when I retired and moved to the countryside. I just don’t want to change my user name as I’ve had it for a long time.

I think there has been 1 murder in the last 50 years in the nearest town, and home invasions are pretty much unheard of. People leave their car doors unlocked, bicycles in the yard unlocked, tool sheds unlocked.

I left Ottawa when I retired and moved to the countryside. I just don’t want to change my user name as I’ve had it for a long time.

I think there has been 1 murder in the last 50 years in the nearest town, and home invasions are pretty much unheard of. People leave their car doors unlocked, bicycles in the yard unlocked, tool sheds unlocked.

Thats a good thing. My neighborhood is nice, people do similar, but my experiences have me cautious.

I’d throw my kids at them, push my wife to the floor and run out!… Like a man!!

Im trying not too
john-jonah-jameson-lol.gif

Damn dude.. where do you live that you have armored glass and a steel door bolted into cement? You a drug dealer or something? Live in Detroit?

Toronto area. Our home got broken into when I was in kindergarten which was a pretty shitty experience that stuck with me, so when I bought a home I turned it into a fortress.

I live in Canberra lol. Not going to be an issue but on my display shelf I have a badass, hardwood weapon I picked up as a souvenir in Fiji... pretty sure I'll be fine.

plot twist.

The Maori friend is in on it and has drugged your dogs hidden your gun safe key and thrown your katana out. Now you have 5 big Maoris kicking down your door.
I can beat the maori friend in a fight. 5 is probably a big ask. But he'd have to throw the gun safe out as it's a fingerprint or RFID lock. There is also like 5 pig hunting knifes around my room.

Yes. I have guns strategically placed everywhere.
My mastiff is bigger than the average man and not very friendly to uninvited guests. And I know how to defend myself.

Unless you live in a nice money mansion outside city, home invasion done like that does'nt happen here

At worst you may have lone thief, in that case hands, hammer, knives or tools

But unlikely to happen, current zone is nice and the palace have plenty apartments with young people

My gun would be no good to me as I store it trigger locked and in a separate safe from my 9mm ammo. So, my aluminum baseball bat would have to do.

Might want to rectify this problem, if you want it available for home defense. Ammo should be kept in a magazine preferably inside the pistol with a round chambered.

My downstairs entry points all have security screens on them. You'd need some serious tools to make entry into it.

Have a big and loud GSD that will let me know anyone is near the house.

Have pistols in safes upstairs and downstairs, both quick vault access, both loaded with extra mags.

You'd have a bad day trying to get in.

I leave the house for work and that's about it. My house is covered in 4k 8MP 24/7 security cameras with human and vehicle detection that I can view on my phone and I have a long driveway. there has been about 2 occasions in the last 2 years where no one has been at home.
My dogs aren't there to be guard dogs. They're there as pets, however to poison them a person would have to walk down my driveway, be spotted on at least 2 security cameras to get to the fence that keeps my dogs from roaming the neighborhood. The appearance of the fence suggests the dogs are confined to behind the house. Which they are, but they can also enter the house through an electronic doggy door, that keeps my cats inside but lets my dogs out, so they'd likely get a big surprise if they did get in inside.
They'd also get a bigger surprise when the 250lb Maori come out very annoyed by the fact they've interrupted him playing video games.

This is also Australia so the chances of any intruder having a gun is tiny.
Can you explain this door that keeps your cats in but somehow lets your dog out? I need one.

Back