Do YOU have what it takes to repel a home invasion?

I dont sell drugs or live in a shitty neighborhood so the only invaders I have will be roaches.

And I would shoot the roaches with 12g slug.

*BOOM* *BOOOM* *CRASH*

Would you be able to repel a home invasion?

They had them in a funnel. How did any of the 2 survive.

Must've had a pistol only.

Last edited:
Genuine Katana next to my bed, guns in the gunsafe in my room. Two dogs (that will soon be a full grown German Shepard/Amstaff and a Great Dane cross Mastiff) plus my Maori friend who rents a room in my house. I think I'll be okay.

I feel like having a guard dog is overrated as fuck because people can very easily poison them with some quality meat and any sort of cheap poison.

Guard dogs only work when you have someone there with the dogs (a night duty guard) who can control them and tell them what to do and what not to do. Another case would be in the olden times when it was incredibly hard to access poison.

Leaving a guard dog in your backyard by himself is like leaving a 7 year old with a shotgun to protect your backyard. They are smart animals but still dumb as fuck compared to an adult human.

It might deter certain ragtag groups of petty criminals who don't plan ahead, but once you get some guy who has even the slightest plan, the very first thing they will do is poison your dogs.

I feel like having a guard dog is overrated as fuck because people can very easily poison them with some quality meat and any sort of cheap poison.

Guard dogs only work when you have someone there with the dogs (a night duty guard) who can control them and tell them what to do and what not to do. Another case would be in the olden times when it was incredibly hard to access poison.

Leaving a guard dog in your backyard by himself is like leaving a 7 year old with a shotgun to protect your backyard. They are smart animals but still dumb as fuck compared to an adult human.

It might deter certain ragtag groups of petty criminals who don't plan ahead, but once you get some guy who has even the slightest plan, the very first thing they will do is poison your dogs.
I leave the house for work and that's about it. My house is covered in 4k 8MP 24/7 security cameras with human and vehicle detection that I can view on my phone and I have a long driveway. there has been about 2 occasions in the last 2 years where no one has been at home.
My dogs aren't there to be guard dogs. They're there as pets, however to poison them a person would have to walk down my driveway, be spotted on at least 2 security cameras to get to the fence that keeps my dogs from roaming the neighborhood. The appearance of the fence suggests the dogs are confined to behind the house. Which they are, but they can also enter the house through an electronic doggy door, that keeps my cats inside but lets my dogs out, so they'd likely get a big surprise if they did get in inside.
They'd also get a bigger surprise when the 250lb Maori come out very annoyed by the fact they've interrupted him playing video games.

This is also Australia so the chances of any intruder having a gun is tiny.

I leave the house for work and that's about it. My house is covered in 4k 8MP 24/7 security cameras with human and vehicle detection that I can view on my phone and I have a long driveway. there has been about 2 occasions in the last 2 years where no one has been at home.
My dogs aren't there to be guard dogs. They're there as pets, however to poison them a person would have to walk down my driveway, be spotted on at least 2 security cameras to get to the fence that keeps my dogs from roaming the neighborhood. The appearance of the fence suggests the dogs are confined to behind the house. Which they are, but they can also enter the house through an electronic doggy door, that keeps my cats inside but lets my dogs out, so they'd likely get a big surprise if they did get in inside.
They'd also get a bigger surprise when the 250lb Maori come out very annoyed by the fact they've interrupted him playing video games.

This is also Australia so the chances of any intruder having a gun is tiny.

Yea maybe for you it's different as long as you are sure that your security system will wake you up if someone comes within a certain distance of your property so they won't be near your dogs while you are passed out.

But regardless, for 99% of people who buy guard dogs for protection, their circumstances are not like what you are describing.

Yea maybe for you it's different as long as you are sure that your security system will wake you up if someone comes within a certain distance of your property so they won't be near your dogs while you are passed out.

But regardless, for 99% of people who buy guard dogs for protection, their circumstances are not like what you are describing.
Idk why people buy dogs for protection. I got a dog because I missed having a dog. I don't expect it to jump in and start fighting for me. But I also don't need it to, takes me 2.5 seconds to open my pistol safe next to my computer in my bed room.

you need to be very wealthy to be a victim of a home invasion in the UK.

So just for the entertaiment of the thread.

They only question is if I am going to get to my guns quickly enough. If yes, then it doesn’t matter if there are 3 or 4 of them. If no, I’m not prepared. A SIG 556 pistol is more than adequate. It’s somewhat like a sawed-off AR-15. I can’t imagine a better weapon for home defense.

Last edited:
I have a 12g sawed off pump with OO buckshot and a Judge with .410 slugs. My wife is trained to fire the Judge. Thugs roll up on our house and kicking the front door like that there will probably be two rounds of buckshot and a couple from the Judge going out the door. Those dudes probably dead at my house.

Depends on how bad I need organic matter in my compost pile. If my compost is flush, I'll probably just put them in a pit and make 'em put the lotion on its skin.

Back