Do you guys think Conor could come back and beat Khabib?

Conor gassed in the first Nate fight, in the second he took his time.

Conor needs to attack more instead just defending and maybe not go straight at Khabib with his hands down. And yes it will be more of an adjustment for Conor if he rematches Khabib.

It will be exciting to watch if they do have another contest.
Ya. I guess my point was it’s not going to be a game plan adjustment as it was with the Nate flight. It’s a lack of skill. IMO, That’s Just to much skill to obtain at this point in his life/career. I hoped to be proven wrong because at this point, Conor should be a big underdog if a rematch ever happens. And I love rooting for the underdog.

Puncher’s chance. Otherwise, Khabib by repeat of first bout.

Only McGregor knows how prepared he was for Nurmagomedov. He knew he wasn’t prepared enough for Diaz, hence the rematch.

If there’s no rematch with Khabib, you can be pretty sure he left everything in the cage that night.

No chance in hell pretty much -100%. If that happens I'll castrate myself and become an Eunuch.

It will be an uphill battle. He "could" come back and beat Khabib but it's not likely

He has showed the same deficiencies as he did versus Chad Mendez

Mainly, his inability to get back up once a strong grappler is on top

Also, he doesn't seem as fired up , hard when you have other options of making money

And he is distracted with his other ventures

He has strong chances of beating Dustin, Cowboy, Gaethje and Tony

Bad match up vs Al but still a winnable fight

Marc I'm impressed with a real objective post lol

I think Conor only lasted to 4th through good defence (fighting scared) and loads of fucking cheating.

If he comes out more attacking, he will have a little early success, but Khabib will punish him harder if he isn't focused on defending.

Conor from 2016 would have a chance early, but it's a bad match up for him.

All hating aside, I think a focused Conor would beat Tony and Dustin.

I just think Khabib is a terrible match up for him. But he is a two weight champ, so lets see what he can bring.

I would like to see him fight someone in top 5 first.

He lost to Diaz then came back and adjusted, had trouble but got the job done (some people say Diaz still won).

This is a very different fight as Khabib WILL get him down, is it a repeat of the first fight and what can Conor do to win?

can conor beat substance abuse?

Conor's body is aging and skills declining at an alarming rate.

If he fights Khabib again he'll get hurt.

While I think it's possible he COULD, I don't see it happening. He's up against a lifetime of wrestling. If he could keep it standing and crack Khabib in the very first round, then sure... but.

I don’t think he’s hungry enough to even take fighting seriously, let alone beat Khabib.

He has showed the same deficiencies as he did versus Chad Mendez

Mainly, his inability to get back up once a strong grappler is on top

Conor got back to his feet against Mendes on 3/4 TDs. The only one he didn't the round ended first.

POuXWKY.gif

QmgPEur.gif

giphy.gif

Against Khabib he also got back up on 2/4 TDs, and unofficially (as the TD wasn't counted) on a 3rd

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Conor's ability to get back to his feet/on top is one of his best grappling aspects.

giphy.gif

BlankWarmCaecilian.gif

85757ghhg845.gif

McGregor-defends-siver.gif

Iad12ok.gif

FlickeringMiserableIberianemeraldlizard.gif

giphy.gif

When he said after the Khabib fight that he grappled defensively and not offensively like usual this was what he was talking about: don't play guard, scramble to the better position.

Yes, I see any rematch the same way I saw the first fight, Khabib is gonna do what he does, it's up to Conor to capitalize while the fight is on the feet, the first fight had enough stand up to tell me that Conor at his best has a shot of hurting Khabib on the feet.

Yes, I see any rematch the same way I saw the first fight, Khabib is gonna do what he does, it's up to Conor to capitalize while the fight is on the feet, the first fight had enough stand up to tell me that Conor at his best has a shot of hurting Khabib on the feet.

Conor fought that fight with an injured foot. He had very limited foot work.

If he wasn't injured he wouldn't of been taken down so easily and he would be able to impose his offensive gameplan against Khabib.

Nope. Khabib is a nightmare matchup for McG.

I think hes favored in matchups like an Aldo rematch, Cowboy Cerrone, or the trilogy fight with Diaz.

History only repeats itself if you are a dumbass.. && Conor is definitely a dumbass.. Khabib smashes him in round 1.

Back