Do you guys think Conor could come back and beat Khabib?

No. And hes only getting worse with all the drugs, booze and parties so I dont expect him to even improve as a fighter moving forward as long as those are his hobbies.

No. He committed some of the most fouls in ufc history and still got mauled, Khabib is just on another level than Conor.

Ya. I guess my point was it’s not going to be a game plan adjustment as it was with the Nate flight. It’s a lack of skill. IMO, That’s Just to much skill to obtain at this point in his life/career. I hoped to be proven wrong because at this point, Conor should be a big underdog if a rematch ever happens. And I love rooting for the underdog.
I think he is capable of stopping Khabib but I don't THINK he could win a decision.

He will be a huge underdog if they ever fight again.

No, I honestly don't. To everyone who's been making up excuses/explanations about why he lost the fight - It takes much more than a "motivated" Conor to beat Khabib.
Conor should be focusing on whoever his next opponent is. Khabib isn't one, that's for sure.
Conor that beat Eddie would slap khabib around da cage

Conor got back to his feet against Mendes on 3/4 TDs. The only one he didn't the round ended first.

POuXWKY.gif

QmgPEur.gif

giphy.gif

Against Khabib he also got back up on 2/4 TDs, and unofficially (as the TD wasn't counted) on a 3rd

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Conor's ability to get back to his feet/on top is one of his best grappling aspects.

giphy.gif

BlankWarmCaecilian.gif

85757ghhg845.gif

McGregor-defends-siver.gif

Iad12ok.gif

FlickeringMiserableIberianemeraldlizard.gif

giphy.gif

When he said after the Khabib fight that he grappled defensively and not offensively like usual this was what he was talking about: don't play guard, scramble to the better position.
I stand.corrected maybe its the illusion that I remember, .looking at herb almost like WTF stand us up

Easy work for Conor. Khabib's win was a fluke.

Yes, but he needs almost a flawless fight to do it, so unlikely.

Its MMA of course he can. But if hes as dumb as he talks and thinks hes gunna get offensive on the ground hell get finished in less then 2 rounds.

Even his second fight vs Nate was still a close decision and Nate is only a gatekeeper. Khabib is one of the best to do it and an awful match for Conor. It's extremely unlikely that Conor comes back to beat him. We all know who Khabib's biggest threats are - Tony and elite welterweights.

Mac never could and never will beat Khabib.

Mac was best suited for a career spent entirely at FW.

LW has always been and always will be a shark tank with waters much too dangerous for ~99.9% of the population, no matter the name of the promotion with a roster made up of elite fighters.

Every year it becomes more clear that nearly every fighter should never fight above or below their true weight class. Even those that can should pick and choose their opponents and time spent away from home, VERY carefully.

Last edited:
Truth is, we have no real idea who is training more or more hungry. No idea but assume its Khabib. Conor can always put his lights out though, he landed a few in the first one. But Khabib is the favorite.

I personally don't think so. He has an awesome standup, but his ground game is lacking.

He can win against anybody, but he cannot sustain consecutive title defenses. When your enemies study you trying to find weaknesses and cannot find any way to beat you, that's true GOATness. See Fedor, GSP and Silva.

Its mma, so, sure, it's possible.

About as likely as Iaquinta or Johnson or Barboza beating Khabib in a rematch but, again, it's definitely physically possible.

Nate, a fighter with a 20-10 record, was the underdog and surprised everyone with a win.
Khabib, a fighter with a 27-0 record, was the favorite and did exactly what everybody expected him to do.

Why aren't people able to see the difference?

Conor is retired so..That ain't happening.

Back