Do you guys think Conor could come back and beat Khabib?

He lost to Diaz then came back and adjusted, had trouble but got the job done (some people say Diaz still won).

This is a very different fight as Khabib WILL get him down, is it a repeat of the first fight and what can Conor do to win?
he was winning the nate fight until he lost. he was never winning
the khabib fight. he didnt bloody khabib up like he did nate, he wasnt landing at will. he was controlled from start to finish and did nothing but try to survive for 4 rounds. he landed nothing. very different fights for the trained eye.

To be honest, anything is possible. Weird shit happens in fights sometimes.
Khabib shouldn't lose to him. But Mendes shouldn't have, either. And Aldo shouldn't have been KO'd like he was, either.

His life and career seem to be going downhill now. And he *should* have to face other contenders at 155 - which is a meat grinder of a division that I think he'd sink in the rankings in if he had to earn a shot with more than one win.

But luck is a factor. And maybe some help "from above".

Conor won that second contest against Nate pretty comfortabl
No. Being mounted and saved by the bell from gnp is not comfortable.

Last edited:
One left hand could change everything in a hurry.

But I think McTapper is the most likely scenario.

I say no not because he couldn't if he truly tried but rather because I don't think his heart is really in it anymore.

Conor is beyond rich and he is living his life. He is no longer the same guy who was hungry as he was calling out Aldo and wanted to prove he could easily beat all comers including taking on a last minute horrific match up in Chad Mendes and still winning.

That Conor could possibly (not likely ... just possibly) still beat Khabib but that Conor doesn't exist anymore.

Same with Rampage once he quit MMA for movies.
Same with Rousey when she started doing movies.

Once you stop focusing on MMA fighting as your main source of income, you lose multiple steps.
its no cause even if he tries his hardest he aint winning shit. he sure tried his hardest that last fight and fail HARD.

I think a rematch is a boring waste. He would be much better off searching for a good striking battle. This would give him (and his opponent) another pot of money and make fight fans happy.

He did worse against Nate the first time than against Khabib, so it's possible. His cardio is such a crutch, though. He's not like Romero, Lewis or Ngannou who all carry power in the later rounds.
infact he did way better vs nate the first time than he did vs khabib. he was landing at will nate face was a mess and he was winning till he gassed. he did nothing vs khabib landed nothing. taken down 15 seconds into round1. youre so dumb if you think he did better in the khabib fight LOL, he had 0 offense only trying to survive.

Conor very well could.
He could lose again also.
We will just have to wait and see.

Conor won that second contest against Nate pretty comfortably.
It was an easy game plan alteration from Nate 1, to the rematch. Not anywhere near the same for a Khabib rematch.

Nope.

No amount of time will close the gap skill wise to stop khabib's wrestling, which it was a huge factor for that punch he landed on Mcg. Plus the coke, lack of cardio won't make him a much better fighter in the rematch.

images
Unstuoosble.... full camp.

No way in hell , at this point he could even lose to guys like Ferguson,porier .The drugs and alcohol have taken its toll.

Iaquinta and RDA would both destroy Conor easily, never mind Khabib

It's the fight game, so technically anything is possible and 1 punch can change the outcome of a fight, but No Conor cannot actually beat Khabib in the dominating way Khabib did to him.
Conor has a very small chance to hit him with a good punch and finish him after that, but in no reality will he ever dominate Khabib and win.

No, and that picture of Conor landing a punch of Khabib only proves he has no chance. He landed FLUSh on Khabib's chin in the 3rd round and it didn't even faze him. The idea that "Conor only has to land ONCE and Khabib is DEAD" was proven dead wrong. And Khabib's striking is getting better everytime we see him, while Conor has clearly been regressing. IMO it only gets uglier for Conor the more times you put them against each other.

He forced an entire round of standup by defending all 3/3 TDs and outstruck Khabib 44-17, being the first guy to ever officially win a round off of him. He successfully nullified Khabib on the ground for the entirety of round 1 and huge portions of the rest of the fight while other guys got 30-24'd. His only truly bad moment was round 2 where he got knocked down and pounded on for most of the round, but everybody just ignores he successfully worked his way back to his feet anyways with like a minute left before the round ended and Khabib couldn't get him back down until round 4.

Anybody who came out of that fight thinking that Conor absolutely couldn't win is delusional. It's not an easy win for him by any means, but he showed he can outstrike Khabib when he can force Khabib to stay standing by successfully defending his takedowns, that he can stem Khabib's ground game when taken down, and he can get back to his feet.

Again, guys like Barboza were down 30-24 after 3 rounds. THAT is an example of someone being extremely unlikely to be able to win. Conor was down 29-27. That literally means he's winning portions of the fight, and not getting blown out. How can you say Conor has no chance? It not being easy is not the same thing as it being impossible. He just needs to do what he was doing successfully more. Or just KO him.

giphy.gif

I agree with your analysis. Conor showed that he can hang with Khabib and make it competitive. People act like he got absolutely steam rolled which isn't the case. Yes, he eventually got worn down and submitted in round 4, but it wasn't a total blowout. Conor is still a dangerous striker who could catch Khabib in a rematch. Would I put my money on Conor? No. But would I be shocked if he won the rematch? Nope.

It was an easy game plan alteration from Nate 1, to the rematch. Not anywhere near the same for a Khabib rematch.
Conor gassed in the first Nate fight, in the second he took his time.

Conor needs to attack more instead just defending and maybe not go straight at Khabib with his hands down. And yes it will be more of an adjustment for Conor if he rematches Khabib.

It will be exciting to watch if they do have another contest.

Conor is a completely shot, washed up fighter.

He's nowhere near the fighter who fought Eddie in 2016 and even that Conor would lose badly, but at least he'd have a decent punchers chance back then. He's lost his explosiveness.

McGregor should come back and try.

But he has to get a few wins again to get another title shot.

No, he broke the rules like 10+ times in the first fight and was only able to manage to win one round and was finished in the very next round. Had he not cheated as much as he did I think he would have been finished a round or two earlier. Probably when Khabib had a Kimura and Conor kneed him in the head causing him to let go of the submission since the ref wasn't doing anything about the fouls.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...-against-khabib-gifs-included.3848651/page-10

Last edited:
Back