El Venado waits calmly for Inoue at 126lbs

Mujeriego

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Lopez tweeted out that he's calmly waiting for Inoue, where he houses his Kingdom at 126lbs.

Lopez tweeted out that he's calmly waiting for Inoue, where he houses his Kingdom at 126lbs.
I’m sure he does want a big pay day to fight someone coming up

El Venado translates to The Deer in English and that's exactly what he'll be in there against The Monster. A deer in the headlights. It's hunting season and The Monster loves to eat venison.

El Venado translates to The Deer in English and that's exactly what he'll be in there against The Monster. A deer in the headlights. It's hunting season and The Monster loves to eat venison.
I love that there are guys lining up to challenge Inoue...it’s got an Wild West appeal, the young guns begging for a chance to dethrone the king.

So much better than everybody ducking the man.

Nery was 1inch away from a 1st Rd KO of Inoue.
I don't think Inoue even goes up after that. I think he'll stay at 122lbs for now.
Lopez or Mauricio at 126lb is a way bigger problem than Nery is.
Honestly I think guys like Wood and Warrington would bring serious issues to Inoue as well.

Last edited:
I'm a big proponent of weight classes and reigning in a weight class for a long time.
After Canelo-Kovalev I was very against Canelo going up to 175 again. He's not big enough. 168 should be his Max.
Inoue could potentially have the same issue.
He should house 122 for the next 5 years and just become arguably the greatest 122lb of all time even though Bazooka Gomez was like 15-0 or some shit at 122. But he could be in the argument if he remains at 122.

Last edited:
I love that there are guys lining up to challenge Inoue...it’s got an Wild West appeal, the young guns begging for a chance to dethrone the king.

So much better than everybody ducking the man.
I suspect that has something to do with the market for the low weight classes being small. Much easier to protect your mystique and record when you’re a multi millionaire

I'm a big proponent of weight classes and reigning in a weight class for a long time.
After Canelo-Kovalev I was very against Canelo going up to 175 again. He's not big enough. 168 should be his Max.
Inoue could potentially have the same issue.
He should house 122 for the next 5 years and just become arguably the greatest 122lb of all time.
Nobody at 122 is beating Inoue. Stephen Fulton could beat those guys. Inoue won’t struggle until he moves up to 130.

Nobody at 122 is beating Inoue. Stephen Fulton could beat those guys. Inoue won’t struggle until he moves up to 130.
That's why he should reign for as long as he can. 10 more title defenses and he's up here with Gomez.
126 he can probably do ok. 130lb? Get out of here. He's getting pummeled, sorry but that's what would happen.

130lbs would just be too heavy for Naoya to go, he'd be slower and easier to hit. 126lb is the limit without turning into a plodder.

130lbs would just be too heavy for Naoya to go, he'd be slower and easier to hit. 126lb is the limit without turning into a plodder.
We won’t be slower because he won’t gain weight. Naoya has always told Japanese media he weighed 139 lbs. He could fight at 130 without gaining weight.

Keep in mind Floyd Mayweather weighed 146 lbs when he was fighting at 147.

Nery was 1inch away from a 1st Rd KO of Inoue.
I don't think Inoue even goes up after that. I think he'll stay at 122lbs for now.
Lopez or Mauricio at 126lb is a way bigger problem than Nery is.
Honestly I think guys like Wood and Warrington would bring serious issues to Inoue as well.
Nery scored a flash knockdown. It happens. Notice that Inoue came back the very next round and put him down. Then he put him down again before brutally folding him like a cheap lawn chair. None of these featherweights, including El Venado, would be favored to beat him.

Nery scored a flash knockdown. It happens. Notice that Inoue came back the very next round and put him down. Then he put him down again before brutally folding him like a cheap lawn chair. None of these featherweights, including El Venado, would be favored to beat him.
True, but I think Venados wildness would be something different for Inoue.
Everyone thinks they have the answer until youre in there taking long lead left hooks to the body and then a follow up wide right sweeping hook or low shot right uppercut from angles it shouldnt come from, from a guy who can put some power into that shot and slug the shit out of you.
No one enjoys being in there with a guy like that. Inoue wont either.

as we have seen time after time, inoue makes adjustments, without compromising his aggression.

inoue is leagues above lopez. it’s not even close. after goodman, i’m looking fwd to inoue putting on a clinic.

…And the haters will continue to bring up tank.

True, but I think Venados wildness would be something different for Inoue.
Everyone thinks they have the answer until youre in there taking long lead left hooks to the body and then a follow up wide right sweeping hook or low shot right uppercut from angles it shouldnt come from, from a guy who can put some power into that shot and slug the shit out of you.
No one enjoys being in there with a guy like that. Inoue wont either.
His wildness/awkwardness could present some issues at first but I'd be confident that Inoue would figure him out. He knows how to adjust. After Nery put him on his ass he didn't really get hit by that rear left hook again. Not cleanly anyway. El Venado is the bigger man but he isn't a big puncher and his finish rate is only 56%.

as we have seen time after time, inoue makes adjustments, without compromising his aggression.

inoue is leagues above lopez. it’s not even close. after goodman, i’m looking fwd to inoue putting on a clinic.

…And the haters will continue to bring up tank.
He should be leagues above Lopez. Lopez started off fighting in the streets. He didnt have people honing his technique.
He's just a pure fighter, and an exciting one too that doesnt give a fuck about some Monster.
Guys from Mexico. We have real Monsters here, he aint worried.

Last edited:
His wildness/awkwardness could present some issues at first but I'd be confident that Inoue would figure him out. He knows how to adjust. After Nery put him on his ass he didn't really get hit by that rear left hook again. Not cleanly anyway. El Venado is the bigger man but he isn't a big puncher and his finish rate is only 56%.
2 of his 4 Championship fights ended in KOs. Close fight with Warrington to win the belt, and he broke Joets face in the other. Joets never been KOd and we saw the absolute destruction on his face against Navarrete. The guy can take a beating.

2 of his 4 Championship fights ended in KOs. Close fight with Warrington to win the belt, and he broke Joets face in the other. Joets never been KOd and we saw the absolute destruction on his face against Navarrete. The guy can take a beating.
Inoue has had his face broken before and he still came through (Donaire 1). I don't think El Venado has enough pop to take him out and that's his only shot. He'll have to get to him first. At 126 Inoue will probably look similar to how he looks now. At 130+ is where I think he'll start to struggle.

Inoue has had his face broken before and he still came through (Donaire 1). I don't think El Venado has enough pop to take him out and that's his only shot. He'll have to get to him first. At 126 Inoue will probably look similar to how he looks now. At 130+ is where I think he'll start to struggle.
You could be right. Inoue is a tremoundous fighter.

Back