Do you guys think Conor could come back and beat Khabib?

He lost to Diaz then came back and adjusted, had trouble but got the job done (some people say Diaz still won).

This is a very different fight as Khabib WILL get him down, is it a repeat of the first fight and what can Conor do to win?
Conor is so 2016.

If anything, he was more of a cancer to the sport by genuinely believing he was bigger than the sport itself.

He did worse against Nate the first time than against Khabib, so it's possible. His cardio is such a crutch, though. He's not like Romero, Lewis or Ngannou who all carry power in the later rounds.

That will always be a terrible match up for him. He'll try though.

If Khabib tries to stand with Conor, he definitely has a chance to lose

Yes, if they allow him to bring a gun to octagon.

He did worse against Nate the first time than against Khabib, so it's possible.

Funny, how I was about to post the exact opposite. From my view there's a big difference in how the first fight(s) went. Conor was picking Nate apart until he gassed and quit, which was like a minute before the finish. There was reason to believe, that it would have went different with better preparation for this short notice opponent, who was quite a different fighter than RDA.

I didn't see any of that in the Khabib fight. Conor might have "defended well" on the ground, but at no point was he doing anything beyond that, once he landed on his back. Conor has shown some nice TDD in other fights, but they have been all against "wrestler shots" where he makes the attacker miss and steps out of the pocket back into his game. I don't see him handle that chainwrestling and being able to actually seperate.

Sure, he can catch Khabib, like anyone else. I still wouldn’t bet on it. A striker moving up a weightclass to fight a bigger wrestler is normally not a good idea.

Will he? I don't know. Could he? Of course he could, he's a world class fight for christ sake. Conor has become so under rated on here it's ridiculous.

Conor is so 2016.

If anything, he was more of a cancer to the sport by genuinely believing he was bigger than the sport itself.

You're a cancer to the sport. Fans like you suck.

of course he could but he'd be an underdog again.

Conor very well could.
He could lose again also.
We will just have to wait and see.

Conor won that second contest against Nate pretty comfortably.
Pretty comfortably??
Talk about being incredibly delusional.

Of course he could. Anyone saying otherwise is either too far up on Khabibs nuts or a total Conor hater. Will he is another question.

Could he? Sure, it's possible he'd Aldo him. But it sure doesn't look likely.

I don't think so, Khabib's style is the worst possible matchup for Mcgregor IMO. Conor's only chance is to knock him out, the grappling gap is to big. Khabib wins 8 out of 10 times

He forced an entire round of standup by defending all 3/3 TDs and outstruck Khabib 44-17, being the first guy to ever officially win a round off of him. He successfully nullified Khabib on the ground for the entirety of round 1 and huge portions of the rest of the fight while other guys got 30-24'd. His only truly bad moment was round 2 where he got knocked down and pounded on for most of the round, but everybody just ignores he successfully worked his way back to his feet anyways with like a minute left before the round ended and Khabib couldn't get him back down until round 4.

Anybody who came out of that fight thinking that Conor absolutely couldn't win is delusional. It's not an easy win for him by any means, but he showed he can outstrike Khabib when he can force Khabib to stay standing by successfully defending his takedowns, that he can stem Khabib's ground game when taken down, and he can get back to his feet.

Again, guys like Barboza were down 30-24 after 3 rounds. THAT is an example of someone being extremely unlikely to be able to win. Conor was down 29-27. That literally means he's winning portions of the fight, and not getting blown out. How can you say Conor has no chance? It not being easy is not the same thing as it being impossible. He just needs to do what he was doing successfully more. Or just KO him.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
no shot. it would have to be like mike chandler moment where khabib got some freak injury and lost the fight.

Conor lost his Mojo, he might beat someone with weak defense like Justin or Tony (assuming he still has the same pop) but that would be more on mistakes they refuse to fix than Conor's ability.

I guess, but his past performance indicates that he might lose 10/10 times.

Back