Do you get a flu shot?

I consider a flu shot similar to working out. It makes my immune system practice getting rid of viruses.

Experts recommend that just about everyone gets one. The flu is hitting hard this year and I'm wondering what percentage of Sherdoggers have had one.

experts as in pharmacutical employees and employers?

I didn't get a shot this year, and got hit with a seriously bad one. Two weeks and I'm still falling back into it whenever I start feeling better.

I do wonder if there's any truth to the idea that yearly mass vaccines are strengthening the annual flu on average. Hopefully this one runs through the population and chills out a bit for next year. I don't see the same public announcements about shots this year that I've seen in years past either, so I'm assuming fewer people are getting them. If you haven't gotten it, I'd fuckin' get one ASAP. This shit is no joke.

I didn't get a shot this year, and got hit with a seriously bad one. Two weeks and I'm still falling back into it whenever I start feeling better.

I do wonder if there's any truth to the idea that yearly mass vaccines are strengthening the annual flu on average. Hopefully this one runs through the population and chills out a bit for next year. I don't see the same public announcements about shots this year that I've seen in years past either, so I'm assuming fewer people are getting them. If you haven't gotten it, I'd fuckin' get one ASAP. This shit is no joke.

Yeah, I'm actually worried about it. They can be quite miserable and many people end up hospitalized. This flu season is worse than last year too.

I've always got mine. The one time I didn't I got laid out for close to a month. I also had a friend who was in good health die from it.
Not sure what the big deal is in not getting the shot, perhaps a little research into the flu pandemic in 1919 would have a bit of influence to those that refuse it.

After reading about all the chemicals that are in it... Nope. It is more likely to cause death than prevent it. They force you to take it if you work in healthcare from what I understand. That is bullshit.

I haven't had a single vaccine or shot since I was six years old and I'm doing fine.

Adjuvants are safe. And did you seriously just say that vaccines are as likely to kill as prevent? Uhh ok, you are clearly clueless here. I dare you to find the stats the show the amounts of death due to vaccines.

Good luck with tetanus bro.

Also people who work in healthcare aren't forced to take the vaccine. At least not doctors or nurses.

Anyway, I personally don't take the flu shot. Not because its dangerous but because its not a 100% guarantee and I have never had the flu in my life anyways.

Don't be one of those people that doesn't give vaccines to their kids and cause them to die from diptheria man. Just don't do it.

Also people who work in healthcare aren't forced to take the vaccine. At least not doctors or nurses.

http://news.yahoo.com/nurses-fired-refusing-flu-shot-224637902--abc-news-health.html

I personally am on the fence with this at the moment. Last flu vaccine I received was in 2003. I've had the flu once since then and didn't even go to a doctor. Just stayed hydrated like a mofo and slept a'lot.

Did get a tetanus shot at the emergency room a few years ago, though.

Last edited:
I think I'm overdue for a shot, but I'm really not worried despite it hitting Illinois especially hard. I take consistent precautionary measures.

I've had 1 flu in the last 10-15 years or so, and given I'm way out of any high risk groups for the regular flu it's not worth me getting it.

Here's my take on the matter. Quite often, the vaccine does not match the circulating strain. It's a bit of a crap shoot when they develop it, and are often wrong. When you get the vaccine, your immune system is put to work, as that's how vaccines work. So your immune system is busy dealing with wimpy vaccine, which doesn't match the circulating strain. If circulating strain catches your immune system while it's busy doing the tango with vaccine strain, it has a bit of an open door to come in a wreak havoc. Bam!

I have more of a chance dying on the way to get a flu shot than dying of the flu... or the shot.

I'm not concerned.

I beat the flu once. I can beat it again.

DROGOCOME.gif

How the fuck did the human race make it this far without the flu shot? It mustve been God saving us all those millions of years until we could invent flu shots. Or maybe it was Mark Wahlberg. Oh wait, isnt the earth only 6000 years old? Anyway, thats still a long time. The mind wobbles.

How the fuck did the human race make it this far without the flu shot? It mustve been God saving us all those millions of years until we could invent flu shots. Or maybe it was Mark Wahlberg. Oh wait, isnt the earth only 6000 years old? Anyway, thats still a long time. The mind wobbles.

How did we survive without antibiotics, sanitation, vaccines, and other modern medicine?

Back