Do you find it disrespectful when fighters throw punches after KO

Meh, depends on whose getting punched.

Certain situations but most times

8rWSPVW.gif
This never gets old.

Burden of proof would be impossible in 99.9999% of cases though

plus you would possibly be helping create an environment where guys are hesitant to finish stunned fighters and it could cost some TKO victories. Or have fighters who are looking to the ref to stop a fight that shouldn't be stopped.
while I understand your point (and agree), you have to think about the danger.
Someone who's out getting hit while his head is in the canvas.... someone can get injured badly, and how good will this do to the sport?
Most detractors already talk about how violent it is.... you get someone seriously injured or dying because someone punched while he was clearly out, and the sport will be thrown so far back that no TV will cover it. Promotions would break just like Pride did.

One of these days when someone ends up paralyzed they're going to have to really rethink this kind of thing but yeah

Exactly this. Why do you find it so "cool" to hit someone who is not able to defend himself? And then call someone who thinks that behaviour is not oke a whiner.

You're a real class act. Your mom must be proud. If you want you can ask she is one floor up from you.
<3>

Depends on the situation but usually it is because of the ..

Exactly this. Why do you find it so "cool" to hit someone who is not able to defend himself? And then call someone who thinks that behaviour is not oke a whiner.
You're a real class act. Your mom must be proud. If you want you can ask she is one floor up from you.
<3>
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

...you have to think about the danger.
Someone who's out getting hit while his head is in the canvas.... someone can get injured badly, and how good will this do to the sport?
Most detractors already talk about how violent it is.... you get someone seriously injured or dying because someone punched while he was clearly out, and the sport will be thrown so far back that no TV will cover it. Promotions would break just like Pride did.

giphy.gif

Bunch of pussies in here. I think you would enjoy Major League Baseball more. This is cagefighting. Human cockfighting. A spectacle of violence between two people for us all to witness.

We need more KO’s like this.

<{cuts}><escalate99>

If a fighter attacks his opponent until the referee interferes then the fighter did his job.

If a fighter keeps attacking after the ref interferes then the fighter should be penalized.

I have no problem with fighters that do their job. {<redford}
I have a huge problem with refs that don't do theirs <seedat>

Absolutely. Offenders should be punished, DQd, fined and suspended.

It depends. In a lot of situations I don't think it's that bad. For example if a guy gets dropped but is more dazed than actually KTFO then by all means the fighter should probably keep throwing until the ref stops it. If the opponent gets flash KO'd in the middle of a flurry or they're trading punches and then the winner is still in that mode where they are just trying to throw shit then I don't think it's super easy to just completely stop punching.

But when a guy gets KTFO from a single shot/from a distance where it's pretty easy to see the result of the KO and then they rush in to land a final hit before the ref can get there- I find that a bit distasteful. But I don't hate the fighter for it nor do I care THAT much. In an ideal world people would be able to recognize that their opponent is KO'd and back off but I understand why in some situations it either is hard to recognize or there is too much adrenaline going on to fully grasp the situation.

i think its disrespectful when they don't throw them. like the bad guy from running man said "give the people what they want"

I thought Overeem was dead after Ngannou's Hendo-esque follow up.

Back