Do you find it disrespectful when fighters throw punches after KO

Hunt: Yes.
Henderson: No.

I don’t penalize a fighter for doing it, they are supposed to go until they’re told to stop. But I do give extra credit to fighters that realize it’s over and pull back.

most of the time going until the ref gets in there is essential

sometimes a fighter sees his opponent is out and pulls back...sometimes even mid trhow....this is the most commendable(see Shogun, Hunt))

sometimes late shots are totally uncalled for
Hendo has a few that he did not have to do and knew it but did anyway
Rampage not needed on Wand too

and sometimes guys deserve shots and when that happens it doesnt matter where/when/what the occasion is ..
Yvel vs that ref
Daley vs Koschek((I agree'd he needed to be fired after but was cheering him for doing it))

but when a guy is out cold....its hard to say that he needs another shot at that point

Depends on the kind of punch. I've got no problem when it's just follow though and more of the same; it's the ref's job to stop it. But the kind where the fighter rears back for extra flair, as if trying to put an exclamation point on it, that I feel uncomfortable with.

That is what fighters at heart do. I am annoyed when refs do not do their jobs right.

I've always hated this "go until the reff stops it" attitude.
4.gif

You continue until the ref stops it or else you can lose the damn fight.

I don't respect professional athletes period.

Most always I think it's cheap and unnecessary.

However, when a fighter has talked mad trash about his opponent's family, I can understand it.

In ancient Rome they did it the right way!
Dana White should be like
giphy.gif

Not at all. As long as the ref hasnt jumped in its all good, I wanna see that passion unleashed. My biggest peev is seeing guys high five during the fight, as a fan that is something I don't ever wanna see. Save all that respect shit for after.

yes, i know most mma fighters are fucking meatheads but it really doesn't take a genius to realize somebody is knocked the fuck out

the wole heat of the moment, adrenaline rush aspect arugment is bullshit as well because 2 seconds after the fight they're all suddenly docile and ready to hug and make up

Something like the Hendo/Bisping thing was unnecessary & dangerous, lost all respect for Henderson after that. Anyone who does it is a fuckin' wanker.

A lot of assholes here I see. "Fight until the ref stops it hur dur".. So if someone's unconsious you see no problem smashing their face in? If you really feel that way about that shit you should be put down. Same as Henderson. Fucking douche
<3>

Something like the Hendo/Bisping thing was unnecessary & dangerous, lost all respect for Henderson after that. Anyone who does it is a fuckin' wanker.
A lot of assholes here I see. "Fight until the ref stops it hur dur".. So if someone's unconsious you see no problem smashing their face in? If you really feel that way about that shit you should be put down. Same as Henderson. Fucking douche
<3>

giphy.gif

Bisping fans loved it when A Silva didn’t....

An exaggerated example, but there is a risk to not closing the deal.

So sure we love it when a guy holds off.

But holding off has inherent risk.

Finding the middle of all that is a fine balance.

So I don’t judge those who don’t find the exact happy middle. Or choose not to try and simply go until ref says stop.

Last edited:
Back