Do you find it disrespectful when fighters throw punches after KO

Case by case, some are not as bad as others and some flurries are unavoidable they happen too fast to assess that the person is out or not.

Anyway for the most part dont stop until the ref stops it verbally or physically , that's why they are there

Yes, but it also depends if the fighter could reasonably know the other is actually out and won't pop back up. That doesn't really happen top often though.

I think it is about time the AC's start punishing any fighter who hits a clearly out fighter.
Burden of proof would be impossible in 99.9999% of cases though

plus you would possibly be helping create an environment where guys are hesitant to finish stunned fighters and it could cost some TKO victories. Or have fighters who are looking to the ref to stop a fight that shouldn't be stopped.

No, actually on the contrary I find it disrespectful when a fighter drops their opponent walks away, essentially trying to be their own referee.

You fight until the ref stops you. It's only disrespectful if you keep going after the ref jumps in, like Kid Yamamoto did in his early career or Paul Harris holding submissions too long.

Depends. There is a clear difference between making sure the fight is finished, and trying to get in another shot on an obviously unconscious opponent.

It’s what they are instructed to do. It’s the refs job to stop the fight not the fighters.

Easy to say after the fight.
Ideally, the fighter should stop whre the opponent is out ; Machida style !
Machida-resize.gif

Depends on if the fighter talked a lot of shit or not.

Not at all - only offensive if they keep punching when the ref tries to pull them off.. or if they continue to hold a choke/sub after they are told to stop.

Anything other than that is totally fair and they are just doing their job.

Easy to say after the fight.
Ideally, the fighter should stop whre the opponent is out ; Machida style !
View attachment 721059
I prefer fighters land on an unconscious opponent, “Machida” style.
PotableForthrightHoki-max-1mb.gif

If its clearly intentional its a dick move but most times its not and it just comes with the territory of fighting.

This...

I think that 95% of the time, it's just fighters being in the heat of battle, not really seeing/understanding that the other person is completely KO'd and just going for the finish at all costs.

There are a few times where it's quite obvious that they know, and I definitely don't like when that happens

Personally I would have liked to see Khabib rip McGregor's face in half with that fulcrum choke.

It stops whiney bitches from moaning that "they didn't really lose, they weren't out or the ref stopped it too early".

When it takes a guy 5 minutes to come round from unconsciousness, the concerned crowd stay so eerily quiet, you can hear that the loser isn't making any excuses. He's just lying there trying not to die.

Don't just bleed, also die.
but wait when they still intervioewed losers by KO after the fight haven't we heard guys come to it and claim early stoppage?

but wait when they still intervioewed losers by KO after the fight haven't we heard guys come to it and claim early stoppage?

Tiki vs Lawler was only stopped because of a cut...

Flash KOs maybe, 5 minute naps, not so much.

Do you find it disrespectful when fighters throw punches after KO
giphy.gif

Is all about the ref

If ref does'nt jump in to stop it, i'm ok with fighter pick up a executioner axe and try to behead opponent

If ref jump in and fighter still try to force his way to hit the other guy, then ok for even $$$ sanction the asshole

Back