Do you consider Dustin a former champion?

No.

None of the recent interim champs are true champions.
It’s a bunch of BS and I wish they would stop it.

Of course.

-he beat a champion in Holloway
-he won the title
-his resume is incredible

And lol at Dustin going into Dubai as 'oh here is a matchup between the two top dogs, who will reign supreme? Champion vs champion!!?

Khabib has picked and chosen his opponents and never had a stylistic matchup that didnt favors him except perhaps gleison and maybe pat healy. But atleast khabib has been overwhelming in his fights.
And if that guillotine was so freakin tight why didnt khabib tap? His face didnt even change colour, it was about as close as shotgun's leglock attempts against jon Jones.

I saw something about matt Serra saying Brian ortega would have gotten the finish Loooool.

Justin gaethje okey...that I am interested in, that is a guy that really turned the corner.

Kinda depends. Wouldnt it be for Khabib and Tony he definetly would be champ and he actually has a really good record.
I consider Tony a champ even though he never won the actual belt.
With Dustin its a little bit different because he won his belt from a 145er who never even fought at 155 before.

Of course.

-he beat a champion in Holloway (from a different division and not at that weight)
-he won the title (while the true champ had just fought 6 months ago, and he won it against a guy who had never fought at 155 in the UFC)
-his resume is incredible (irrelevant, you have to challenge and win against the champ)

Fixed it for you.
Let me know if you have further questions

Well technically he is.

In terms of validity there were existing champs and there was no need for what was basically a champ c, that fight didn't need to happen and was shoehorned in there. On the other hand many many titles interim and not were easier to earn than beating Max. It's easy to do revisionist history but Holloway was on a 13 fight win streak(longer than Tony and Khabib at the time) and while he's a 145'er let's not pretend that Holloway wasn't expected to win and that people weren't pushing Holloway to go to 155 for years. There was no reason for that fight to happen but Dustin beating Max was a huge win.

Also......Dustin was driven out of the 145 division that Max dominated. So there's that.

There are only two real interim champs in the history of the UFC

Renan Barao
Andre Arlovski

They are the only two that I can remember who defended their belts while the champion was hurt. Both were eventually promoted to undisputed champions but even if they had not been they actually did what an interim title is supposed to do and that is keep the division moving.

If your very next fight is against the real champion you were not champion of anything you were a glorified number 1 contender and never should have had a belt in the first place.

It's hilarious to watch Ferguson cultists still consider their duck idol a "champion" even though he was rightfully stripped of the title for failure to defend at ufc 223 and deny Dustin the title of a former champion even though Dustin has actually the better wins on his resume. Ferguson cultists are the biggest hypocrite sacks of shit on the board, which is not surprising, considering the hypocrisy of their idol who ducks the champ two times in a row while accusing the the said champ of ducking him.

Absolutely disgusting.

It's hilarious to watch Ferguson cultists still consider their duck idol a "champion" even though he was rightfully stripped of the title for failure to defend at ufc 223 and deny Dustin the title of a former champion even though Dustin has actually the better wins on his resume. Ferguson cultists are the biggest hypocrite sacks of shit on the board, which is not surprising, considering the hypocrisy of their idol who ducks the champ two times in a row while accusing the the said champ of ducking him.

Absolutely disgusting.

On one hand I agree with you that you cannot call Ferguson a champ and not Poirier ( I don't consider either myself but thats me )
On the other hand how can you call Tony a duck and not Khabib ? That fight has been lined up 4 times each are responsible for it falling apart twice ?

Consistency on all fronts is good not just the narrative you like.

On one hand I agree with you that you cannot call Ferguson a champ and not Poirier ( I don't consider either myself but thats me )
On the other hand how can you call Tony a duck and not Khabib ? That fight has been lined up 4 times each are responsible for it falling apart twice ?

Consistency on all fronts is good not just the narrative you like.
Ferguson accused Khabib of "ducking" him, because Khabib had to pull out of their fight due to health issues. Thus, according to Ferguson's logic, a fighter who pulls out of a fight due to health issues is a duck. Ferguson pulled out of his title defense against Khabib at UFC 223 due to health issues. Thus, according to Ferguson's own logic, he is a duck.

Consistency on all fronts indeed.

Ferguson accused Khabib of "ducking" him, because Khabib had to pull out of their fight due to health issues. Thus, according to Ferguson's logic, a fighter who pulls out of a fight due to health issues is a duck. Ferguson pulled out of his title defense against Khabib at UFC 223 due to health issues. Thus, according to Ferguson's own logic, he is a duck.

Consistency on all fronts indeed.

Exactly I never called either a duck I said if you call one you have to call the other so you just repeated what I said ?

Nobody considers interim champs as real champs.

1. I don't consider interim titles to be actual titles. They're just marketing tools.

2. Dustin has said that he can't make 145 anymore. He's simply too big for the division. You could see it in the Max fight, where Dustin's size and power played an obvious role (in addition to his improved striking). Not too long ago, he was saying that WW might be in his future, but he walked that comment back recently. So no, he won't be dropping down and capturing the FW title.

3. Dustin still has a chance to win the LW title, but he needs someone else to knock off Khabib first. Dustin simply doesn't have the wrestling chops to beat Khabib, but he matches up better against the other top guys at LW.

UFC titles are irrelevant now. The BMF title will save us all
the bmf title is the most irrelevant title ever made. masvidal and nate cant even win regular interims let alone ufc belts. nate got whooped by RDA, literally destroyed. masvidal never close to a belt until a lucky flying knee recently. both nate and masvidal know they cant beat usman and would rather face each other cause there is a higher chance of winning vs each other than Usman or Colby etc.

bmf belt is for journeymen who wanna stay relevant even though they cant beat top competition anymore.

Exactly I never called either a duck I said if you call one you have to call the other so you just repeated what I said ?
The one who called the other a duck was Ferguson. Khabib never called him a duck. All I'm doing is applying Ferguson's own logic to himself. I don't need to call Khabib anything, Ferguson already did that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back