Greater fighter, Dustin or Conor?

I just got into a HEATED dispute with a buddy whos more of a casual fan. Def not Sherdogger level MMA IQ but he knows some stuff about MMA. Big Conor fan. He said Dustin is a choker in the biggest fights and Conor will always be better so it got me thinking, who is greater?

Pro-Conor points

- 2 division champ, 3-1 in title fights including interim (Dustin 1-2)
- has the best win of the 2 in Aldo
- clearly better FW than Dustin was at FW

Pro-Dustin points

- faaaaaar deeper resume and much stronger schedule faced
- 2-1 H2H against Conor
- among common opponents (Brandao, Duffy, Max, Eddie, Khabib), Dustin is 5-1-1 while Conor is 3-2
- clearly better LW than Conor was at LW even tho Conor was champ, he did it skipping the line and finishing someone who Dustin also finished
Conor was always an elf at 145 and was great there, but once he moved to 155 he was a meat head that was never the best. I say Dustin because he knew how to eat steak instead of salad and was a more natural 155 guy..but Conor at 145..was great...once he left that..his stamina and hand speed went down into a Burger King bathroom toilet that was never flushed soon enough so that turd kept staying there until the plunger was introduced....btw I am Irish...so that means allot in this post.

Man, this is a hard one to score. I believe that if Conor's highs weren't so high, this would be an easy score for Dustin. I just dunno bro...

Nate fought at 155 in 8 straight fights leading up to the 1st Conor fight

Let's not get crazy rewriting history
It was short notice and officially at WW and Nate was bigger. Conor moved from 145 to his first 155 fight. Nate couldn't make 155 so it was at 170
Screenshot_20240323_063849_Chrome.jpg

Dp is in his prime and is way better than Conor bested him twice at 155 pounds has nothing but championship fights Conor had nothing but a good run at 145 and earned the belt never defended got thr 155 belt due to circumstance vs a washed eddie Alvarez who wasnt gonna hold that belt anyhow sure a casual will Believe conor is better but a real one know dp his resume shits on conor ...

Dustin is the better fighter Head to head, but Conor reached higher heights Dustin could only dream of.

I just got into a HEATED dispute with a buddy whos more of a casual fan. Def not Sherdogger level MMA IQ but he knows some stuff about MMA. Big Conor fan. He said Dustin is a choker in the biggest fights and Conor will always be better so it got me thinking, who is greater?

Pro-Conor points

- 2 division champ, 3-1 in title fights including interim (Dustin 1-2)
- has the best win of the 2 in Aldo
- clearly better FW than Dustin was at FW

Pro-Dustin points

- faaaaaar deeper resume and much stronger schedule faced
- 2-1 H2H against Conor
- among common opponents (Brandao, Duffy, Max, Eddie, Khabib), Dustin is 5-1-1 while Conor is 3-2
- clearly better LW than Conor was at LW even tho Conor was champ, he did it skipping the line and finishing someone who Dustin also finished
conor performs better when there is more on the line and he will be remembered in a better light than dustin will if he does not completely crumple due to his coke addiction. but, dustin is the better fighter techinically

Dustin has more ways to win and isn’t running from tough fights.

Peak height? Conor.

Peak accomplishments and accolades? Conor.

Performance against Khabib? Conor.

"Names" on their resume? Dustin by a margin but most of his big names were washed by the time he fought them (Pettis, Conor, Alvarez, tec.). Conor starched Dustin and Aldo in their primes, Alvarez right around the time he started to decline, Max pre-prime imo.

Prime vs Prime? Conor for sure, we saw that at featherweight.

Overall? I'd have to take Conor because titles >>>>>> no titles, but the 2/3 head to head for Dustin isn't nothing. If you said it was a tie I could argue for either guy.

But like I said. titles >>>>>>>>>>>>>> you can have the rest.

Dustin has more ways to win and isn’t running from tough fights.

"Dustin has more ways to win." Yeah, except in title fights lol.

Silly to say Conor ran away from tough fights. He fought Dustin a 2nd and 3rd time when he didn't have to knowing they'd be tough fights and even after Dustin sat him down. He fought Nate TWICE when Nate is bigger, taller, longer, impossible to knockout -- essentially his kryptonite -- and fought Khabib. He fought Aldo, dusted him, was willing to do a rematch that Aldo declined. He left MMA for boxing and fought Floyd. All this forgetting to mention he went up to 155 above his weight class to fight for the title and fought Nate at 170.

Dislike Conor all you want but at least be honest.

Last edited:
At his peak, Conor.

People will let their hate blind him to his amazingness on his peak around 2013-2015 where he was truly amazing, before his personality brought him down.

Over all body of work and conduct could be argued for Porier though

Back