Do you consider Dustin a former champion?

The one who called the other a duck was Ferguson. Khabib never called him a duck. All I'm doing is applying Ferguson's own logic to himself. I don't need to call Khabib anything, Ferguson already did that.

To be fair a botched weight cut is not the same thing as a freak injury but regardless I don't think either guy is ducking the other a series of very weird events keep their fights getting cancelled

but anyway the original point is clear for consistency across arguments. If Tony is a duck than so is Khabib, and if Khabib is a duck so is Tony.

the bmf title is the most irrelevant title ever made. masvidal and nate cant even win regular interims let alone ufc belts. nate got whooped by RDA, literally destroyed. masvidal never close to a belt until a lucky flying knee recently. both nate and masvidal know they cant beat usman and would rather face each other cause there is a higher chance of winning vs each other than Usman or Colby etc.

bmf belt is for journeymen who wanna stay relevant even though they cant beat top competition anymore.
You missed my sarcasm

Not really no. Those interim belts are a dumb gimmick. They don't get payed like champs. They get stripped all the time. They are lucky if they actually get a title fight . It is pretty silly. Not sure why they even exist to be honest. On paper it seems like a good idea but the UFC messed it all up with shenanigans.

Just an interim champ, never a true champ. Not just yet anyway. It also saddens me that I can't call Condit a true champ<DCrying>

To be fair a botched weight cut is not the same thing as a freak injury but regardless I don't think either guy is ducking the other a series of very weird events keep their fights getting cancelled

but anyway the original point is clear for consistency across arguments. If Tony is a duck than so is Khabib, and if Khabib is a duck so is Tony.
Kidney failure is a much more serious health issue than a broken leg. I don't really give a fuck what cultists like you think. Ferguson is a duck, because he himself says so and I will keep calling him a duck until he starts saying otherwise.

The original point is that Ferguson is a hypocrite sack of shit, just like the cultists worshipping him.

Kidney failure is a much more serious health issue than a broken leg. I don't really give a fuck what cultists like you think. Ferguson is a duck, because he himself says so and I will keep calling him a duck until he starts saying otherwise.

How exactly am I a cultist? Or is everyone who does not blindly accept your reasoning a cultist?

I have said I don't consider Tony a true champion and said I don't think either guy is ducking and simply said consistency across arguments is a good thing. That if one is ducking so is the other because they have both pulled out of the fight twice.

As for the kidney failure you did forget one thing that it was self inflicted trying to cut too much weight but even than its not ducking.

You also seem to be forgetting Tony is bat shit crazy and you cant take half of what he says serious, he probably does not even know what he is saying half the time.

If anyone here is a cultist its the guy who can't see past his own narrative for a second.

You forgot that he also only fought for the interim title because Tony turned it down because he thought it was worthless.

I'd favor Prime Eddie over Tony.
You do know they're the same age, right? Eddie Alvarez (4-3 in UFC) had to run away to fight lesser competition because he knows he is not that good meanwhile Tony is finishing mfkers left and right.

consistency across arguments is a good thing
Indeed. This is why Ferguson is a duck, according to his own logic.

As for the kidney failure you did forget one thing that it was self inflicted
As was Ferguson's broken leg. Self inflicted via personal incompetence and carelessness. No one pushed him over.

How exactly am I a cultist?
Hmm, I don't know, maybe because you refuse to acknowledge the fact that the one who actually called the other a duck was Ferguson. Not me, not Khabib, but Ferguson himself. Ferguson being a duck is a direct consequence of applying his own logic to himself, nothing more.

If anyone here is a cultist its the guy who can't see past his own narrative for a second.
Indeed. The guy who refuses to acknowledge the inarguable fact that Ferguson is a hypocrite sack of shit.

Indeed. This is why Ferguson is a duck, according to his own logic.

As was Ferguson's broken leg. Self inflicted via personal incompetence and carelessness. No one pushed him over.

Hmm, I don't know, maybe because you refuse to acknowledge the fact that the one who actually called the other a duck was Ferguson. Not me, not Khabib, but Ferguson himself. Ferguson being a duck is a direct consequence of applying his own logic to himself, nothing more.

Indeed. The guy who refuses to acknowledge the inarguable fact that Ferguson is a hypocrite sack of shit.

Can you even read or do you just wait for your chance to type?

A freak injury from tripping is not the same as intentionally trying to cut more weight than you should but regardless neither is ducking.

you called tony a duck multiple times now regardless of your reasoning

But you are correct as I have pointed out multiple times that one cannot be a duck if the other is not. Tony calling Khabib a duck is hypocritical because it would also make him a duck I have agreed on that point multiple times now. One cannot be a duck while the other is not. That has been the point all along. If you took a breath and acctually read instead of just spewing whatever pre canned response you had you would see that. It was about being consistent in the argument

'Considering' has nothing to do with it. He is a former interim champion. This is not a matter of interpretation.

There are only two real interim champs in the history of the UFC

Renan Barao
Andre Arlovski

They are the only two that I can remember who defended their belts while the champion was hurt. Both were eventually promoted to undisputed champions but even if they had not been they actually did what an interim title is supposed to do and that is keep the division moving.

If your very next fight is against the real champion you were not champion of anything you were a glorified number 1 contender and never should have had a belt in the first place.
Nogueira is the third, but you're spot on with Barao and Arlovski

A freak injury from tripping is not the same as intentionally trying to cut more weight than you should but regardless neither is ducking.
The so called "freak-injury" is a direct result of Ferguson's own incompetence and carelessness. No one pushed Ferguson over that cable. Khabib didn't push him and neither did Dana. The injury is self inflicted by definition. Your behavior is very typical of a Ferguson cultist, by the way: trying to shift blame on others for personal failings is the trademark of the 200lb hypocrite duck.

you called tony a duck multiple times now regardless of your reasoning

I called Ferguson a duck multiple times, because that's precisely what he is according to his own logic. It is not my reasoning, it is Ferguson's and I'm applying his own reasoning to himself. Again, trying to shift blame on others - the typical behavior of a Ferguson cultist.

Tony calling Khabib a duck is hypocritical because it would also make him a duck I have agreed on that point multiple times now.
Glad you agree that he's a hypocrite sack of shit.

One cannot be a duck while the other is not.
Indeed, except according to Ferguson's logic Khabib is a duck, therefore Ferguson himself is a duck according to his own logic.

The so called "freak-injury" is a direct result of Ferguson's own incompetence and carelessness. No one pushed Ferguson over that cable. Khabib didn't push him and neither did Dana. The injury is self inflicted by definition. Your behavior is very typical of a Ferguson cultist, by the way: trying to shift blame on others for personal failings is the trademark of the 200lb hypocrite duck.

I called Ferguson a duck multiple times, because that's precisely what he is according to his own logic. It is not my reasoning, it is Ferguson's and I'm applying his own reasoning to himself. Again, trying to shift blame on others - the typical behavior of a Ferguson cultist.

Glad you agree that he's a hypocrite sack of shit.

Indeed, except according to Ferguson's logic Khabib is a duck, therefore Ferguson himself is a duck according to his own logic.

anyway I agree Tony is a hypocrite to call Khabib a duck without applying that same label to himself and that has been the point all along to apply the same standard to both sides.

But the rest of your reasoning is reaching very very far.

anyway have a good one the original point seems to be settled.

- beat a FW with no prior LW fights to win a meaningless interim LW belt
- only fought for the interim title because of Khabib's suspension (provoked by an expert at mind games, Danis)
oh you're only realizing this now?? welcome to the goof circus

There are only two real interim champs in the history of the UFC

Renan Barao
Andre Arlovski

They are the only two that I can remember who defended their belts while the champion was hurt. Both were eventually promoted to undisputed champions but even if they had not been they actually did what an interim title is supposed to do and that is keep the division moving.

If your very next fight is against the real champion you were not champion of anything you were a glorified number 1 contender and never should have had a belt in the first place.
What about Nogueira and Mir?

Nogueira was higher ranked and, clearly, a better fighter, even in their then aging and diminished states, than Couture and tried to defend against Mir.

Mir was higher ranked and had just beat, then UFC Champion, Lesnar just 8 months earlier. Now, he lost in their rematch, but at that moment when he won the interim title, shouldn't he have been considered the real champion?

Dwayne Johnson The Rock vs Yoel Romero for the undisputed People's championship on the same card. CM Punk will put the belt on the winner.
UFC titles are irrelevant now. The BMF title will save us all

Everyone is a champion at LW these days. If Khabib fights Tony and wins, no more random interim champs lurking around.

Dwayne Johnson The Rock vs Yoel Romero for the undisputed People's championship on the same card. CM Punk will put the belt on the winner.
Steve Austin as referee

Back