do yo really not care what people think

Everyone cares for what at least a few people think of them. Who wants to look like an idiot to a person whose intelligence you respect? Who doesn't care if they make a fool out of themselves in front of a hot girl. I remember GSP said recently that part of the reason he fights safe is because doesn't want to get beat up in front of all the girls that are watching.

I would say that the main problem with caring so much about what others think of you is that it stunts your individuality and turns you into what is basically a mannequin. You would be a lot more interesting if you just did your own thing and let the chips fall where they may.

superficially, but i'm sure you'd find if you gathered up a bunch of people you thought were mannequins you'd see they're all very different people.

it's kind of a contradiction. trying to be an individual is clearly an agenda, and not all that concordant with "not caring what people think". you want them to think you're an individual.

the whole thing is kind of unavoidable, whichever way you go.

Psychopaths don't care what people think about them, and that's about it.

I have to wonder what some of you are up to if you are this fearful of being judged by others. I think we got some bronies up in this thread.

you only say that without realizing that you are a product of your surroundings.

you only say that without realizing that you are a product of your surroundings.
I have worn the shame of being an MMA fan for nearly a decade. Before that, I was a pro-wrestling fan. There will always be people who think you are into some gay shit, so you might as well just stop caring.

Only care when it's one of my closest friends, or when I'm trying to get laid.

I'm convicted that if when it all comes down to it, people care what others think. We're all interconnected in this world and we're all thriving with and from one another, so to say we can be at a complete disconnect in order to have some self-expression... yeah, I don't buy that. Maybe you don't care what some people AROUND you think or some strangers, but not people in general. You'd have to be a bit creepy for that to happen (ie. serial killers, people living double lives, etc)

I care about what family, friends, boyfriends, co-workers etc think, pretty much anyone who is involved in my life somehow. The rest? Lol, no.

I care about what family, friends, boyfriends, co-workers etc think, pretty much anyone who is involved in my life somehow. The rest? Lol, no.
At one time at least the friends and boyfriends were the rest.

I'm convicted that if when it all comes down to it, people care what others think. We're all interconnected in this world and we're all thriving with and from one another, so to say we can be at a complete disconnect in order to have some self-expression... yeah, I don't buy that. Maybe you don't care what some people AROUND you think or some strangers, but not people in general. You'd have to be a bit creepy for that to happen (ie. serial killers, people living double lives, etc)

the real litmus test here is to compare the sober and drunk versions of yourself.

when you're drunk and care way less about what people think, you act a lot different. you say things to people you never would when you're sober. you clown around way more, and so forth. being drunk doesn't create personality otherwise foreign to you; it lowers your inhibitions - which are more or less the restrictions you place on yourself because you care what people think about you.

do yo really not care what people think

No. I have a much more self centered driven need to express myself (especially in the verbal sense) that doesn't really give shits about what anyone else thinks or says.

I hate attention in general, I can tolerate a certain amount of it, but only if its short lived and has some sort of value to it. I have a very difficult time with phony situations where going through the motions is required. For example, I can't stand my GF's friends, they just are not the type of people I would choose to associate myself with -so its always a pain in my ass to be in situations with them that require socializing. They're all fucking nerd bastards as far as I am concerned.

As for appearance? I could give a fuck less. I take good care of myself, but again, that is out of my own selfish sense of self worth.

In short, right or wrong -I only care what I think.

Yes, I care what they think of me physically.
You sort of can't help that, as humans it's biologically wired in us to care that maybe not everyone, but a certain segment of the population will find us attractive.
Which is why we stay in shape, eat correctly ect.

However, there are things I don't care about, like if I have strong beliefs or opinions in something, even if it's unpopular, I will still hold/support/voice my belief or opinion even if it's highly unpopular..

I don't angry at what people think of me when I put it in perspective but I do get upset when they come to conclusions about be without really knowing me. I have tattoos so I must be a criminal or former criminal, I'm an atheist so I worship the devil and have no morality etc. Things like that bug me but in the end it's their ignorance that's the problem not me.

For me it is a matter of them having the correct/accurate impression of me. If they are off about who I am, then I care. I don't want people thinking I'm a Klan member or something.

But if they know who I actually am and still don't like it, then I don't really care.

same

I care what people think at work. I also care what people I respect greatly think as well.

Other than that, not really.

Some people are more devoid of emotions than others, i don't care waste of a time: it's all about being good and felling good about being good in order to please screw that.

as long as they think good of me i do

Genuinely don't care. Everyone's perception of you is inherently different, everyone will think of you differently. You can't worry about it cause it's not going to work anyway under that premise. Do what you want and be who you want to be and the rest will take care of itself.

Back